Images sold in November 2019

On 07/11/2019 at 12:26, John Mitchell said:

Maybe not the norm, but fairly common these days IME.

A bit hard to swallow. But the stock image industry need to buck up. Cut throat business won't do anyone good in the long run, contributors suffer as well. Did ever these companies thought about it before? 

On 17/11/2019 at 00:57, MizBrown said:

Three sales with less than 300 photos in your portfolio is doing well.   You really do seem to know how to get these shots in such a way that you show enough context but are close enough to show individual faces and passions.

Plus, tagging the picture correctly. Success that others with larger collections and fewer sales can learn from.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

I bet the magazine in Luxembourg didn't realise their purchase of this picture is from 1993.

Piles of paper, no laptops, no mobiles, smoking inside... they must have realized it's not straight from the memory card.

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa

3 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Piles of paper, no laptops, no mobiles, smoking inside... they must have realized it's not straight from the memory card.

Yes, people actually talking to each other and aware of the world around them -- dead giveaways. B)

• Love 2

13 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Plus, tagging the picture correctly. Success that others with larger collections and fewer sales can learn from.

Good to know. I don't understand all the subtleties of tagging but I do research every image I post and try to tag thoroughly. I also notice my images are remarkably visible in searches, not sure why that is. They often show up on the first page of a search, even when the topic has many thousands of images.

Tiny little single figure licence fee. Direct & exclusive. However, it is the 9th licence of this image via Alamy and 10th overall. An old slide scan.

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 18 November 2019
End: 18 November 2024

sydney-funnel-web-spider-atrax-robustus-in-a-threat-position-showing-AN42DF.jpg

Edited by cbimages
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Allan might like this one! A historic shot of the coal staithes at Sunderland, England. Probably taken with my £25 secondhand Rolleicord.  Most of what you see here has now gone. The new(ish) football stadium is on the site of the pit head top right. Don't want to mention the fee, too painful! Another sale popped in today for a shot of a motley collection of shipping containers posing as shops, for more than 3x this fee. There is no sense to it!

sunderland-coal-staithes-and-monkwearmou

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Mackinac Island, Michigan, USA.  German book use for low $$ and thru a distributor so not much for me.

usa-michigan-lake-huron-mackinac-island-view-of-sugarload-rock-A6PE5M.jpg

Beautiful scene, Michael. I’ve not seen that part of Michigan.

Is the horizon not quite straight or is it how my eyes are set in my face? 😁 I have great difficulty shooting straight if I don’t use the horizon line in my camera. Somehow, without it, all my pictures tilt down on the right side. Sometimes in blinding light, I don’t see the horizon line well in my camera, and I have to correct in post.
You’re welcome to bop me on my head if I’m wrong. If I’m right, you might want to straighten it. But it sold!!

Are you left-handed? I’ve often wondered if my left-handedness caused my tilt to the right.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Is the horizon not quite straight or is it how my eyes are set in my face? 😁 I have great difficulty shooting straight if I don’t use the horizon line in my camera.

I am the same Betty,  I even start thinking it is something about my posture.   One of first thing I end up doing in post-processing is use that straighten tool in CS6 -- just "draw" the line with pencil across what is supposed to be horizontal, and software does the rest.  

(And yes, I also thought that image above horizon was downsloping to the right)

1 minute ago, Autumn Sky said:

I am the same Betty,  I even start thinking it is something about my posture.   One of first thing I end up doing in post-processing is use that straighten tool in CS6 -- just "draw" the line with pencil across what is supposed to be horizontal, and software does the rest.  

(And yes, I also thought that image above horizon was downsloping to the right)

I always hesitate to mention something like this, and am so sorry we can’t private message anymore. Michael is such an outstanding photographer who sells a lot of images, I decided I wouldn’t bruise his ego, lol.

Every time you go traveling, on just on a simple shoot, you end up with tons of images;  most end up as throwaways, but there is always that handful you like and immediately think "now we are talking!".   This pic was taken during last winter Central America cross-country trip in old town Antigua, Guatemala.   It shows famous Santa Catalina arch with backdrop of Antigua volcano.   I got up early wanting to catch sunrise & streets with no people  (very busy during the day).   I was probably 10 min late as sunrise colors already started fading away, but it is still nice image and one of top 3 from the journey.   It had considerable amount of downloads in micros, but this is first time on Alamy, albeit for low $$ only.   Still pleased!

colonial-architecture-and-street-scene-d

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

I always hesitate to mention something like this, and am so sorry we can’t private message anymore. Michael is such an outstanding photographer who sells a lot of images, I decided I wouldn’t bruise his ego, lol.

Oh no, I didn't see your post as criticism;  hope Michael didn't either.   One of good things about Alamy in my experience is that people are genuinely friendly and willing to share/help.   We all get better that way

1 minute ago, Autumn Sky said:

Oh no, I didn't see your post as criticism;  hope Michael didn't either.   One of good things about Alamy in my experience is that people are genuinely friendly and willing to share/help.   We all get better that way

Thank you. That’s how I meant it.

Country: Germany ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 25,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-October-2019 ; End: 02-October-2019 ;
Additional Details: Germany, Newspaper - national, in context web usage included

Almost $100 gross which seems gratifyingly high for the non live news usage, but it must be a distro looking at the disappointing nett.

lockheed-martin-f-16-fighting-falcon-fighter-jet-plane-at-the-farnborough-international-airshow-of-480th-fighter-squadron-from-spangdahlen-germany-PFMW61.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Autumn Sky said:

Every time you go traveling, on just on a simple shoot, you end up with tons of images;  most end up as throwaways, but there is always that handful you like and immediately think "now we are talking!".   This pic was taken during last winter Central America cross-country trip in old town Antigua, Guatemala.   It shows famous Santa Catalina arch with backdrop of Antigua volcano.   I got up early wanting to catch sunrise & streets with no people  (very busy during the day).   I was probably 10 min late as sunrise colors already started fading away, but it is still nice image and one of top 3 from the journey.   It had considerable amount of downloads in micros, but this is first time on Alamy, albeit for low $$ only.   Still pleased!

colonial-architecture-and-street-scene-d

Well done. Very dramatic with the volcano in back. I had an image of Santa Catalina Arch license a few weeks ago, but it was taken from the other side. You're right, that street gets very crowded during the day, especially on weekends. More proof that it pays to get up early.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Well done. Very dramatic with the volcano in back. I had an image of Santa Catalina Arch license a few weeks ago, but it was taken from the other side. You're right, that street gets very crowded during the day, especially on weekends. More proof that it pays to get up early.

Thank you John!  Relating to discussion the other day re 'similars' -- I have ~20 shots taken from this spot that are all good, slightly different angle but nothing really new. This was the only one I uploaded.  Maybe I should have upload couple more but I prefer this way. 

(btw re keywording -- I was trying to find this image on Alamy portal, as customer would, using first search term that came to my mind -- "Antigua Gate Sunrise".   I couldn't find it! Because I never specified "gate" anywhere.  This is one mental process I find very useful as I am still learning tools of the trade, so to speak.

My second sale of this image of an emperor dragonfly ovipositing in the last few months, and pleased to finally get my first television usage. Unfortunately it was a distributor sale to Germany for low $$, netting me just high $.

female-emperor-dragonfly-anax-imperator-ovipositing-laying-eggs-in-a-pond-uk-P1ENDN.jpg

• Love 3