Images sold in November 2019

3 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Thank you John!  Relating to discussion the other day re 'similars' -- I have ~20 shots taken from this spot that are all good, slightly different angle but nothing really new. This was the only one I uploaded.  Maybe I should have upload couple more but I prefer this way. 

(btw re keywording -- I was trying to find this image on Alamy portal, as customer would, using first search term that came to my mind -- "Antigua Gate Sunrise".   I couldn't find it! Because I never specified "gate" anywhere.  This is one mental process I find very useful as I am still learning tools of the trade, so to speak.

I believe that the official Spanish name is Arco de Santa Catalina, which translates directly to Arch of Santa Catalina, so I haven't included "gate" in my keywords, just "arch". As you may know, the arch is part of an old convent that spanned both sides of the street. The hollow arch was built so the cloistered nuns could cross the street without being seen. I have quite a few images of the arch as well but have uploaded only three -- two horizontals and a vertical, which reminds me that I'd love to go back to Antigua one of these years. It's a wonderful place for photography.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

John, you are of course right;  but in this "exercise" I put myself in the mind of typical search person that does not know much about the subject and types  whatever first comes into mind.  I think lots of customers are searching that way!   So I added "gate" now to metadata.

Yes,  Antigua is photographer candy store.  I needed a week instead of 2 days.  Just had relatively decent (for micros) downloads of  old town "Chocomuseo" -- another must see as a tourist

58 minutes ago, Autumn Sky said:

John, you are of course right;  but in this "exercise" I put myself in the mind of typical search person that does not know much about the subject and types  whatever first comes into mind.  I think lots of customers are searching that way!   So I added "gate" now to metadata.

Yes,  Antigua is photographer candy store.  I needed a week instead of 2 days.  Just had relatively decent (for micros) downloads of  old town "Chocomuseo" -- another must see as a tourist

You may have a point there. I'll think about including "gate" in my keywords. My concern is that it might result in a lot of false views. I've spent quite a bit of time in Antigua. I wrote a long article about its history and architecture and also did a lot of photography for a US magazine (which is now defunct) a number of years ago, so I got to know the city quite well.

Edited by John Mitchell

Looks like sales from a German distributor came in today. Low $. However, on the plus side, the third licence by Alamy of this image.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 October 2019
End: 01 October 2024
Germany, Editorial website

terrestrial-hermit-crab-coenobita-brevimanus-using-a-red-bottle-cap-K2F6KF.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Low $, but twice. Same details each time. Any idea why the same image would go through twice? Should I expect one to disappear?

Pipes with googly eyes on them to make a funny face, outside a building with a red wall in Provo, Utah, USA. Stock Photo

• Love 1

4 hours ago, chilker said:

Low $, but twice. Same details each time. Any idea why the same image would go through twice? Should I expect one to disappear?

Sometimes a newspaper will use the same image twice within the same month, and report the uses at the same time, so you should be fine.

Just for the equivalent of a coffee

Landschaftspark Duisburg, Old industrial steel mill converted into recreational area, Duisburg, North Rhine Westphalia, - Stock Image

10 hours ago, cbimages said:

Looks like sales from a German distributor came in today. Low $. However, on the plus side, the third licence by Alamy of this image.

terrestrial-hermit-crab-coenobita-brevimanus-using-a-red-bottle-cap-K2F6KF.jpg

That's glorious. Ought to be in the humorous wildlife photography competition (that's a thing btw).

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Possibly, though I sometimes wonder how far into a picture some buyers look.

Maybe it’s an article denouncing smoking inside, a “how it used to be” sort of thing. Maybe it will run side-by-side with another image showing laptops or everyone on their mobiles and a  “no smoking” sign, with a child at the table. You never know, do you?

Betty

Another $$$ just in.

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Indoor display ;  Media: Shop/restaurant decoration ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Print run: 1 ;  Start: 01-November-2019 ; End: 01-November-2024 ;Additional Details: A store front, inside or out, single mural in one location

greater-anglia-abellio-electric-multiple-unit-train-crossing-railway-M5C8P4.jpg

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Maybe it’s an article denouncing smoking inside, a “how it used to be” sort of thing. Maybe it will run side-by-side with another image showing laptops or everyone on their mobiles and a  “no smoking” sign, with a child at the table. You never know, do you?

Betty

That's very true.

I'm getting more and more of this usage: Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising).

I am not entirely sure what qualifies for this usage.

Low $$

EEJ5NG.jpg

Three penny distro sales in this morning of which this is one.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 01-October-2019 ; End: 01-October-2024 ;Additional Details: Croatia, Editorial website, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

romanian-air-force-mig-21-lancer-c-jet-fighter-plane-flying-at-royal-international-air-tattoo-airshow-raf-fairford-cotswolds-uk-vintage-russian-W4E0W8.jpg