Images sold in November 2019

Looks like I'm getting better at shooting people. Second sale in 2 days involving people. And a healthy one too, high $$

Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;

J758DX.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

I've got a craving lately for chocolate coated peanuts, but Alamy won't even stretch to those with some editorial sales!

Better to buy your own peanuts and coat them yourself in melted Swiss chocolate. Cool and refrigerate until hard. It's a win-win.

Licensed image to customer looking to show pollution in the Mekong. A good repeat performer.

DD

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, editorial print or digital use,  up to DPS, one time use only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 08-November-2019 ; End: 08-November-2021

One of my wife's wonderful creations:

book-folding-art-created-by-folding-the-pages-of-a-hardback-book-to-FK1KDJ.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

It's a classic case of photographing people doing stuff that sells.

I never used to photograph people, I only occasionally do now, making a little effort. Results are there: 3 out of my 5 sales this month so far include people. 

The sailing on the James Craig tall ship outside Sydney Harbour was also most enjoyable. 

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 1

pizza-by-the-slice-red-neon-sign-in-a-ba

My first sale for November ($$) has some interesting facts about it.

It's a Level Three stock image: details like signs and logos. For me, Level One is landmarks, Level Two is Street Life. Food I think of as a separate category, which this subject fits into too. 

The caption reads: Pizza by the slice red neon sign in a bakery window. But . . . there are only 7 tags and none are supertags. Yeah, I didn't finish the tagging. It slipped through the crack. It's RM. I didn't ID the location but it's NYC. Food for thought about tagging, eh?

Edo

• Love 1

Sale this morning - yes it's a sale, but the fee?  It's a piss take.  I never usually mention fees, but I have to here - $4.42 gross, $1.32 net.  I'm absolutely fuming!!! 😡

glengarriff-west-cork-ireland-1st-july-2017-pippa-middleton-and-her-JFKGX1.jpg
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 October 2019
End: 01 October 2024
South Africa, Web, One month, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate
Edited by Colblimp
Edited to add in an angry emoticon!

Editorial royalty-free $$ exclusive to Alamy 50% direct to client sale Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only.

Local landmark about 15 KM from home. Took shot in 2007 when building was new. Converted from RM to RF editorial only in AIM. Today nothing has changed from this vantage point. Always try to arrange composition so that the image does not date itself. People on sidewalk for scale. The car is starting to date the image, so maybe it is time to get out the ultra wide angle lens for a reshoot. Maybe at dusk/night around 5:15 PM at this time of year.

michael-lee-chin-crystal-addition-to-roy

• Love 3

A tourist boat on the L'Ill river at night, Strasbourg

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 07 November 2019
End: 07 November 2024

Low $$

A tourist boat on the L'Ill river at night, Strasbourg Stock Photo

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 2

2nd sale of the month.

White flowers of the early spring flowering Bergenia 'Pink Ice', a hybrid between B. ciliata and B. emeiensis Stock Photo

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years ;

Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  

Start: 11-November-2019 ;

End: 11-November-2024

Low to mid $$, exclusive

Fairly routine sale but notable to me as it's moved my gross licence earnings with Alamy over the $20,000 mark.  That exalted $100K earnings figure no longer looks quite so far away 😊

Affiliate PU, and a second similar sale of a vehicle given new life and back in the news. It's probably not obvious but the flag design is completely made up from names of individuals and businesses that donated to the original Bloodhound SSC project.

names-on-the-fin-of-bloodhound-ssc-supersonic-car-embedded-into-a-KFG677.jpg