Images sold in November 2019

16 hours ago, Avpics said:

Indeed \m/

I managed to persuade him to come and give us a presentation about his flying exploits for the Vulcan charity at Southend

And then you had one of your members buy your picture for a talk about his visit! I like your MO!

Edited by Richard Baker

Two sales in one day, medium $$, for calendar use - here's one:

Duart Castle on the Isle of Mull, Scotland. Stock Photo

Duart Castle on the Isle of Mull, Scotland

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar
Print run: up to 20,000
Placement: Inside
Start: 01 January 2020
End: 01 January 2021
Includes thumbnail use on the back page

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

And then you had one of your members buy your picture for a talk about his visit! I like your MO!

That was in 2008.The charity have a tonne of my images for use as they wish, as do many other similar groups from a time when it was all just for fun. I wish I knew what I was doing back then and had instead started building an agency port and hopefully selling so many years ago.

• Love 1

Springtime at Saint Michael's Church, Basingstoke. $

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar
Print run: up to 1,000
Start: 01 January 2020 End: 01 January 2021
Any placement; For use in a Digital Regional Calendar, for distribution only within its titled region. Print run 150.

Springtime at Saint Michael's Church, Basingstoke Stock Photo

• Love 1

sunrise-at-palauea-beach-in-makena-on-th

Royalty-free exclusive to Alamy $$ Calendar; Print run: 20,000; Start date: 1st Jan 2020; Duration: 1 year; Worldwide; Includes thumbnail use on the back page

Sunrise on one of my favorite beaches on Maui just 5 minutes down the road from our rental condo. I easily cloned out a distracting photoshoot taking place up against the distant hedge. 30 years ago I used to have these early morning beaches to myself but with pros shooting families for facebook page, or weddings, or commercial clothing shoots, or selfies, or the pesky stock photographers breeding like flies, no more.

Maybe Alan Beastall (see above) and are in the same calendar

Edited by Bill Brooks
inserted info Alan Beastall
  • Love 3

PMKDB0.jpg

A number of calendar sales today (wish all days were like today). It's probable that all the other calendar sales today were for the same company 'Calendar Club'. Check out their website and you might be able to find your images on a calendar. I did.

• Love 2

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 15 November 2019
End: 15 November 2024

Low mid $$

'Rievaulx' inscription, church of St. Mary, Rievaulx, formerly slipper chapel to the abbey, North Riding, Yorkshire, Stock Photo

Quite a few Cs licensed lately..
Edited by spacecadet

RF, exclusive to Alamy, $$. 

Iconic timeless image with room for type. Shot on film late 1980s Pentax 6X7 400mm lens - 200mm equivalent. This image was part of a part time 3 year image collection maintenance scanning project that is still paying dividends. Collection maintenance, such as scanning film, updating keywords,  deleting weaker images,  and trying new things, is really important. Even if the photographer only started with digital.

Sunrise behind the west mitten butte in Monument Valley, a Navajo Tribal Park on the Navajo reservation in Arizona USA

sunrise-behind-the-west-mitten-butte-in-

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill Brooks said:

I like it too John. Looking at an attractive person, an idea reenforced by the sign.

Thanks, Bill. I lurked for quite some time and took a series with different types of people in each image, eventually choosing two for Alamy. I had a feeling that this one had the best chance of licensing. This scene unfolded only three blocks from my front door.

• Like 1

This one sold a second time. First time to Germany, this time to Brazil. And it's only my third sale ever. Brazil pays half as much as Germany, do we know why? And will the image really be a full page size? Is that what that means?

Print run: up to 5,000
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 October 2019
End: 01 October 2024
Brazil, Book, print and/or e-book,Bulk discount flat rate

Edit: Looks like it was through a distributor too and I only get 30%, so very small sale. I didn't realize I signed up for that when I joined. Oh well.Indigenous or Native American women marching with a banner with fists in air. 2019 Women's March, Market Street, San Francisco, California, USA. Stock Photo

Edited by The Blinking Eye
found commission breakdown
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

This one sold a second time. First time to Germany, this time to Brazil. And it's only my third sale ever. Brazil pays half as much as Germany, do we know why? And will the image really be a full page size? Is that what that means?

Print run: up to 5,000
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 October 2019
End: 01 October 2024
Brazil, Book, print and/or e-book,Bulk discount flat rate

Edit: Looks like it was through a distributor too and I only get 30%, so very small sale. I didn't realize I signed up for that when I joined. Oh well.Indigenous or Native American women marching with a banner with fists in air. 2019 Women's March, Market Street, San Francisco, California, USA. Stock Photo

Three sales with less than 300 photos in your portfolio is doing well.   You really do seem to know how to get these shots in such a way that you show enough context but are close enough to show individual faces and passions.

Edited by MizBrown
corrected figure.

29 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

Three sales with less than 300 photos in your portfolio is doing well.   You really do seem to know how to get these shots in such a way that you show enough context but are close enough to show individual faces and passions.

Thank you. I'm intuiting all that. I work on this every day, so it helps to get encouragement. It's interesting that this one photo was bought twice and zoomed once, which makes me think it's more about what photos you offer rather than the odds (i.e. quantity).