DACS Payback 2019?

5 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

Has anyone had their DACS Payback for 2019 yet? It may be a bit early - they pay "in the autumn". I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed mine.

Thanks, Stephen

I've had no word from them yet (I claim directly, not via Alamy).

Mark

Thanks for all the replies. I had a feeling it was September for me last year, which is why I asked, but I could be wrong. I also claim directly like @M.Chapman and @Robert M Estall. I think Alamy get enough from me as it is - or they would if I had sold anything lately. it's more refunds than anything! 

Edited by Steve Valentia
  • Love 1

Do you receive any kind of statement beforehand, or does it just turn up in your account? I've left Alamy to claim for the uses via them, but have claimed for the first time this year for the uses directly with the publishers.

After you have filled out your DACS form you won't hear anything from them unless they have a query. If you hear nothing, then all is well and the next thing you will hear is the gentle plop of the payment dropping into your account. It used to be a more hearty Thud but is less avery year as more photographers and artists make their claims. Only fair I guess

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Do you receive any kind of statement beforehand, or does it just turn up in your account? I've left Alamy to claim for the uses via them, but have claimed for the first time this year for the uses directly with the publishers.

You will get a statement in the post later. Well two actually, one for you and the other for your accountant.  What's an accountant?😉

Allan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flavio massari said:

What is DACS?

Design and Artists Copyright Collecting Society. It's a UK-based copyright collecting society, that gathers royalties - from books, magazines and library usage, etc, for visual artists like photographers, cartoonists and illustrators. 

• Love 1

On 23/09/2019 at 16:18, Nigel Kirby said:

Received last years DACs royalties 1/10/18 (same as 2017)

Dutch royalties  17/12/18 (same as 2017)

Nigel

Getting fidgety now, like a kid on Christmas Eve. We go on holiday on Saturday so it'd be useful to have it by then.

Well that was a huge let down. I get more via Alamy for a fraction of the published images so I assume not all publishers are signed up to it? I'll wait to see a statement before enquiring about it.