DACS Payback 2019?

On 14/10/2019 at 20:53, SvetlanaSF said:

your trolling?

You're wrong about that.

Is there a language barrier, or perhaps you haven't got the hang of the forum yet. He doesn't need me to defend him, and Blimp may sometimes be forthright (he wasn't, though, in the post to which you've overreacted) but he's as far from trolling as you can get. Let's keep it friendly here.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7
  • Dislike 1

On 04/10/2019 at 23:13, Cryptoprocta said:

Mine directly claimed last year was £156.97 (directly claimed). This year I sent the same form with the latest year's sales added (not so many qualifying sales in that year to be fair), but this year it's only £69.68 (also claimed directly). That's a shocking drop!

I've just had a moment to check mine. It is down by over 50% of what it normally is. Every year I have claimed it has been consistent so I am shocked beyond belief that it has declined in such a drastic way.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jools Elliott said:

I've just had a moment to check mine. It is down by over 50% of what it normally is. Every year I have claimed it has been consistent so I am shocked beyond belief that it has declined in such a drastic way.

I expect it's the new publication matching percentages kicking in. With the emphasis on the kicking. I'm expecting a big drop next year as well when the VG Bildkunst one-off goes away.

Edited by spacecadet

9 hours ago, NYCat said:

Me too. Maybe tomorrow?

Paulette

9 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Do we get a late payment fee 😁

We're on the same boat.

I also received it on Oct 11th in 2017 n Oct 17th in 2018, but I think 2019 seems bit late.

According to this page: https://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs/most-frequently-asked-questions/

"Q. When will you pay me for my DACS claim?
A. We usually receive the funds from DACS at the end of September, and this will be added to your contributor account before the end of October. If your cleared balance is over $50, we’ll pay you in the November pay run."

There're still days ahead. *crossing fingers*

8 hours ago, SvetlanaSF said:

Does anyone know if there is a similar process for the US-based publications?

I looked into it once and there were a couple of possibilities but neither organization replied to my emails. Sorry, I can't remember what they were or how I found them.

Paulette

Just now, NYCat said:

I looked into it once and there were a couple of possibilities but neither organization replied to my emails. Sorry, I can't remember what they were or how I found them.

Paulette

ht's hard to imagine getting a copyright royalty in the US without suing somebody.😉

10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

ht's hard to imagine getting a copyright royalty in the US without suing somebody.😉

I think we would call that a "smart a.." remark on this side of the pond. 

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

No worries and thanks anyway! I'll do some digging 

On 18/10/2019 at 03:02, NYCat said:

Me too. Maybe tomorrow?

Paulette

On 18/10/2019 at 03:05, LawrensonPhoto said:

Do we get a late payment fee 😁

6 days remaining to the end of Oct, and I'm still waiting.

Have you guys received yet?

Edited by George Martinus

5 hours ago, George Martinus said:

6 days remaining to the end of Oct, and I'm still waiting.

Have you guys received yet?

Hi George.

No I haven't recieved yet.

I got a letter from DACS on 17th for the details on my payment though,,,

I'll contact Alamy next week. 

27 minutes ago, Nigel Kirby said:

If you have claimed DACs direct l would suggest an email to them. They are very helpful at responding to queries.

Nigel

hi

Really? Why not.

I get payment via Alamy( not directly from DACS).

I'll do that.

Thank you.