I wonder if I keep Novel use or not.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website

Search 

Public beach with italian people, Gallipoli, Lecce, Italy

Public beach with italian people, Gallipoli, Lecce, Italy Stock Photo

3 hours ago, John Morrison said:

It looked a bit 'day-glo' to me, but, hey, it sold! 😀

It was a bit 'day-glo', but it was glowing at the end of the day!

As you say, a sale, is a sale, is a sale.

A 1978 B&W sells.    Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial Media: Newspaper - national  Print run: up to 100,000. $$

Protesters outside a London appeal court in 1978 following the conviction of the publication 'Gay News' and its editor in 1977 for 'blasphemous libel' for publishing a poem about Jesus having sex with a Roman centurion.  In 1977 'Gay News' was fined £1,000 and  the editor, Denis Lemon, fined £500 and sentenced to nine months imprisonment, suspended. The Court of Appeal quashed Denis Lemon's suspended prison sentence but upheld the convictions. The prosecution was started by Mary Whitehouse who brought a private prosecution. The poem was 'The Love that Dares to Speak its Name' by James Kirkup. 

T8241J.jpg

Low price but recently taken.  Country: Worldwide  Usage: Novel Use, Online only, single placement, any size, life of article rights Media: Editorial 

Northern Rebellion protesters, part of the global movement Extinction Rebellion, marched through Manchester, uk, and held a series of die-ins to urge for action on climate change on September 2nd, 2019. Protest sites included Barclays Bank, a Primark store and HSBC Bank. This was the fourth day of a protest which blocked Deansgate, a main road in central Manchester. - Image ID: WHC10N

Northern Rebellion protesters, part of the global movement Extinction Rebellion, marched through Manchester, uk, and held a series of die-ins to urge for action on climate change on September 2nd, 2019. Protest sites included Barclays Bank, a Primark store and HSBC Bank. This was the fourth day of a protest which blocked Deansgate, a main road in central Manchester. Stock Photo

No mention of location sold, so worldwide I assume. High $$ (if that means under $100 and over $10, but closer to the high side...)

Royalty-free Usage: RF
56 MB
5440 x 3627 pixels
2 MB compressed

W26P5K.jpg

On 12/09/2019 at 10:41, Stokie said:

the-great-pyramid-of-giza-pyramids-giza-egypt-north-africa-M4JHEH.jpg

Chuffed that I sold this one today with there being a lot of competition.

Don't know what search term they used but various terms range from 9,000 to 41,000 images returned.

Distributor for about $20.

John.

I would buy this one too. Looks like it's made of gold nuggets.

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use including syndication, up to 1/8 page, inside, repeat use within a single issue.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 13 September 2019
End: 13 September 2021

RM, direct sale, exclusive, Medium $$ gross

JNCXR8.jpg

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 16-September-2019 ; Duration: Unlimited

It has been mentioned that US sales return healthy figures, which this has being into the $$$. Such a sad story though. Hopefully this image freezes a moment in time when she was in a better place in her far too short life.  😥

kelly-catlin-of-rally-cycling-at-the-prudential-ridelondon-classique-womens-cycle-race-suicide-at-23-after-suffering-depression-PCJ73H.jpg

On 13/09/2019 at 03:28, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations. Looks as if it might have been to the same client as my sales today (see above). Hmm.. where have I seen that steam clock before? 😏

Knew I'd a similar view of the same subject here before - I'm guessing that it was you that reported it as a sale previously, John?

Taken in The Gambia

$$$+ to the US of A

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Placement: Inside ;  

B73BDT.jpg

Finally get to post something this month.

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 2 million ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-August-2019 ; End: 02-August-2019 ; 

Additional Details: One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions

Apparently used in a UK newspaper the first of August.

Wintzell's Oyster House restaurant front exterior, a Mobile landmark, on Daphne Street in the historical downtown section of Mobile Alabama, USA. Stock Photo

Small $$.

Rick

9 hours ago, losdemas said:

Knew I'd a similar view of the same subject here before - I'm guessing that it was you that reported it as a sale previously, John?

Nope, it wasn't me. I was alluding to the fact that the Gastown steam clock is probably the most photographed (by tourists, anyway) landmark in Vancouver. 

Brant Point Lighthouse in Nantucket Harbor Harbour, Nantucket Massachusetts USA. This landmark is the shortest lighthouse Stock Photo

1596 x 1062 pixels
331KB compressed
NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

$1.18

(How is an Editorial website novel use? Isn't that in fact a customary Alamy use? Insult to injury, my first micro sale of the day earned me more than this)

UK but as it's web no help with DACS either. 😕

I came back to add the camera used. My Nikon D700. Not sure if it was my 20mm lens or my 24-70mm.

Great memories of that trip. Actually, that one day is the most I've made from a single day's shooting stock. It was on Nantucket - you can only get there by boat or plane. I want to go back Taken in 2010, traveling with two non-photographer friends, so I shot a lot less than usual and got my photos processed and up. A lesson not yet learned. Still trying to shoot less when I travel. 

1 hour ago, Marianne said:

Brant Point Lighthouse in Nantucket Harbor Harbour, Nantucket Massachusetts USA. This landmark is the shortest lighthouse Stock Photo

1596 x 1062 pixels
331KB compressed
NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

$1.18

(How is an Editorial website novel use? Isn't that in fact a customary Alamy use? Insult to injury, my first micro sale of the day earned me more than this)

UK but as it's web no help with DACS either. 😕

I came back to add the camera used. My Nikon D700. Not sure if it was my 20mm lens or my 24-70mm.

Great memories of that trip. Actually, that one day is the most I've made from a single day's shooting stock. It was on Nantucket - you can only get there by boat or plane. I want to go back Taken in 2010, traveling with two non-photographer friends, so I shot a lot less than usual and got my photos processed and up. A lesson not yet learned. Still trying to shoot less when I travel. 

Ah, Marianne, I'm surprised you don't know about this outfit. A number of us left NU because of it. My two sales there were $1.23 and $1.24 so they are even falling a bit. Such a shame. I agree that I didn't expect this travel website when I signed up for Novel Use. I am out now.

Paulette

Archived