Images sold in September 2019

My fourth this month - that's good for me!

Statue of St. Aidan at Lindisfarne Priory, Northumberland.  Ave $$.

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial onlyEditorial print + digital use.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 27 September 2019
Duration: Unlimited

Statue of St. Aidan in St. Mary's Churchyard beside Lindisfarne Priory, Northumberland Stock Photo

25 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Only uploaded last month, for use in an educational book in North America.

Children marvel at the polar bear swimming underwater in its enclosure. Budapest Zoo, Hungary. Stock Photo

Children marvel at the polar bear swimming underwater in its enclosure. Budapest Zoo, Hungary.

It is an excellent shot, so glad it has paid off for you already....hopefully it will bring in dividends for a long time!

31 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Children marvel at the polar bear swimming underwater in its enclosure. Budapest Zoo, Hungary.

Yes, I'm sure you'll make plenty of sales with this shot over the years (though I'm aching to 'disappear' the hand on far left with the clone tool!)

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

It is an excellent shot, so glad it has paid off for you already....hopefully it will bring in dividends for a long time!

Thank you !

I had some spare time in beautiful Budapest,  so I hired a bicycle to get around. Glad that I made a trip to the zoo (I went to the same zoo in January too !).

2 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

shhhh........don't mention the hand, they might not see it then !

Well, it's selling already, so no problem. But, even though the hand is so small, I find it really distracting. I'd be tempted to 'zap' it - and straighten up the vertical bars - and upload it to replace the earlier version. Or am I being too picky??

8 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Well, it's selling already, so no problem. But, even though the hand is so small, I find it really distracting. I'd be tempted to 'zap' it - and straighten up the vertical bars - and upload it to replace the earlier version. Or am I being too picky??

I may just do that, and zap it. I tend not to clone things out tho, except for little birds that could be mistaken for a dust bunny.

43 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Thank you !

I had some spare time in beautiful Budapest,  so I hired a bicycle to get around. Glad that I made a trip to the zoo (I went to the same zoo in January too !).

Yes, a beautiful city and the food is good too. 

Great shot.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only

Editorial print + digital use. ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ; 

Start: 27-September-2019 ;

Duration: Unlimited

A little below mid $$

Bronze statue of Sir Francis Drake on Plymouth Hoe, South Devon Stock Photo

Sir Francis Drake statue on Plymouth Hoe.  Lots available on Alamy, many very similar, so I'm happy this one licenced

13 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yes, a beautiful city and the food is good too. 

Great shot.

Thank you Ed.

I have been several times now over the years, good food and drink yes.

The Robert Cappa centre is worth a visit too if anybody is passing that way.

3 hours ago, sooth said:

once you clone and remove items no matter how small, then you can't ethically sell it as an editorial.

I disagree. Alamy doesn't require an image to be declared as editorial only. It's not news and it's not Reuters. Tidying up a pic is fine if it's declared- there's a box for that in AIM, although I'm not sure this would count as "digitally manipulated".

Cropping would compromise the composition a bit.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

One of a pair of $ PU sales that showed up yesterday (Saturday). Prices were some of the lowest I've seen for PU . They appear to be direct sales. However, the usage terms are in Spanish. Not sure how that would affect Alamy prices, though. They also have the odd five-year duration, which doesn't seem to make sense for PU.

huichol-indian-artisan-from-nayarit-mexi

Lapsed live news, low $$ [Edit - my mistake, this is live news at the current giveaway price]

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 06-July-2019 ; End: 06-July-2024 

police-have-closed-westminster-bridge-to-vehicle-and-pedestrian-traffic-after-it-was-hit-by-a-city-cruises-vessel-on-the-river-thames-around-1630-fire-brigade-also-in-attendance-the-bridge-will-remain-closed-until-it-has-been-inspected-and-declared-safe-male-officer-reporting-in-W26FW4.jpg

Edited by Avpics

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Up to 1/4 page, inside.One time use only.
Start: 30 September 2019
End: 30 September 2021

RM low $$

Cornus kousa `China Girl` Dogwood Fruit Stock Photo

• Love 1

At a last moment sale for mid $$.

Usage: Editorial newspaper editorial print and digital use, inside, one time use only

Nuovo Mercato di Testaccio, rome, Italyy

Nuovo Mercato di Testaccio, rome, italy Stock Photo

• Like 1