2 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

Must say, I never considered the copycat angle. 

I use these as a reference to the kinds of photos that do sell, rather than the specifics of what sold. 

It's just to try and get my head in the space for thinking about what to shoot when out and about. 

I wasn't accusing you personally, or indeed anyone in particular.

I've sold one image this month. It's the only photo of the subject on Alamy, but is easily accessible to anyone in the area, so ...

(I have no idea if it happens on Alamy. But in other places, copycatting of successful images is rife.)

Anyway, try as I might, I can't discern any real pattern of what sells on Alamy. It really seems to be what a client needs at the time.

Usage: Editorial Media: Book, print and/or e-book

Low $$

HE58J8.jpg

One per day I know, but I'm away and catching up for July. Also had some more sales that I will choose to keep to myself (mean girl...)

On 08/07/2019 at 11:59, Cryptoprocta said:

I've sold one image this month. It's the only photo of the subject on Alamy, but is easily accessible to anyone in the area, so ...

(I have no idea if it happens on Alamy. But in other places, copycatting of successful images is rife.)

Anyway, try as I might, I can't discern any real pattern of what sells on Alamy. It really seems to be what a client needs at the time.

Hi - sorry, I didn't think it was directed personally at me 😊

On 07/07/2019 at 23:07, Bryan said:

Only one sale so far this month and that a chased outstanding usage! The Capitol building in Richmond Virginia.

Educational textbook unlimited period, repeat use permitted, a tad disappointing  at mid $$.

virginia-state-capitol-building-in-richm

I didn't have my first July sale until yesterday, when a PU showed up. However, two $$$ licenses appeared today. Very nice to see. All three images were old, repeat sellers. Wish more of my newer images could do as well as the oldies.

P.S. Did you take the image above with the Rokinon (or Samyang) 12mm lens?

On 08/07/2019 at 03:59, Cryptoprocta said:

Since people check this thread mainly to see what types of images are licensing, some copycatting is inevitable. Every month, I have repeat-sellers that I wouldn't post here. Sometimes reality forces you to be a schmuck. 😏

P.S. I've seen evidence of what I'm fairly sure was copycatting, but not by any regular forum contributors.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I didn't have my first July sale until yesterday, when a PU showed up. However, two $$$ licenses appeared today. Very nice to see. All three images were old, repeat sellers. Wish more of my newer images could do as well as the oldies.

P.S. Did you take the image above with the Rokinon (or Samyang) 12mm lens?

Long time ago John, and the non Sony manual focus glass is not recorded by the camera so no way of checking, but, from fading memory, I stood back with a longer lens.

Happy with the Rokinon however, it has its downsides, but overall very acceptable. I made a high $$$ sale with it last year - could use a few of them this year!

1 hour ago, shearwater said:

Didn't know he was U.S. nationalized! 

He was born in Asturias (Spain), my region.

Yes, he came to the U.S. at the age of 21 and then became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2013.  He owns nearly 20 restaurants, most of then in the U.S.    He is an extraordinary man with a big heart.  He was recently nominated for the Noble Peace Prize for his humanitarian work. Have had the privilege to photograph him several times now.

22 minutes ago, Marb said:

A mere $1.21 for NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity. What an insult and a joke! 

Sorry but no idea how to post images here rather than screen capture and saving to Jpeg.

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=FD875032-A65C-4975-BBCF-C99AC626CD26

I had one of those too today, the smallest sale i've ever had on Alamy - and it's non exclusive too!!

John.

KHDR0Y.jpg

The Wills Memorial building, University of Bristol. Took it in 2014 at my eldest son's graduation. I remember wishing I had more time to get the perfect shot, but good is good enough when someone needs it. Sold for magazine use in Japan for mid(ish) $$.

E50704.jpg

1 hour ago, Marb said:

A mere $1.21 for NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity. What an insult and a joke! 

Sorry but no idea how to post images here rather than screen capture and saving to Jpeg.

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=FD875032-A65C-4975-BBCF-C99AC626CD26

You can opt out of NU of course. Or choose to remain in because sales will increase your ranking. It’s a difficult decision but I opted for the former to avoid these scenarios.

18 minutes ago, Sally said:

You can opt out of NU of course. Or choose to remain in because sales will increase your ranking. It’s a difficult decision but I opted for the former to avoid these scenarios.

Thanks, I didn't know that. A small consolation at least.

Archived