Images Sold in May 2019 (one per day)

High $$ at 50% exclusive to Alamy commission.

Editorial royalty-free    Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only.

Glad I scanned all of those old Kodachromes. This is an image that never really dates itself. 200mm handheld braced against a convenient light pole.

cinderella-castle-and-main-street-in-the

On 16/05/2019 at 02:00, Alan Beastall said:

Same here gvallee. Sold through the German distributor for $$.

Alan

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Puzzles
Print run: up to 1,000
Start: 01 April 2019
End: 01 April 2022

MTAG7G.jpg

This would make a great puzzle!!!

Royalty-free mid$$ each image 50% exclusive to Alamy commission.

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only Editorial print + digital use.

Both images were zoomed.

I was assigned to illustrate this subject by a book publisher way back in 1968. As more and more information and specialized software became available over the years, I redid it as a stock image multiple times.

simulated-relief-view-of-the-globe-of-th

They also purchased my illustration of the South Pole.

simulated-relief-view-of-the-globe-of-th

On 24/05/2019 at 20:21, Bill Brooks said:

Glad I scanned all of those old Kodachromes. This is an image that never really dates itself. 200mm handheld braced against a convenient light pole.

This has reminded me of the question I asked myself of whether it was safe to upload any Disney photos. First I decided not, then I decided some hotel and entrance might be OK, now I'm considering going the whole hog (mouse?). I'm guessing you've had no threats of removal?

On 24/05/2019 at 14:21, Bill Brooks said:

This looks like the 70s, Bill. Am I right? The center guy’s haircut...longer sideburns on others...what looks like a silk-ish print shirt on the right, screams “disco years” to me. Or Sonny and Cher days. Wonder what kind of camera is hanging from the neck of the silk-shirt guy? Polaroid? Surely not in that venue.

Country: Australia ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 2 million 

FK3J9K.jpg

On 01/05/2019 at 12:26, Avpics said:

Having seen five live news images on 'MSM' from the London Marathon on Sunday I'm now finishing off the large number of images taken for stock. I find shots taken at these events have 'legs' and sell for years afterwards, but unusual to have one reported so soon, even though it's just a PU it's still jam.

If the values that have come through are correct, which seems likely, then the roles are reversed. Live News is a few pennies of dripping on top of the PU bread.

"Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 08-April-2019 ; End: 08-April-2024 ; 
   Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article."
Tiny $, sign of the times.

tesco-logo-on-the-entrance-to-the-tesco-supermarket-cork-ireland-R0P80T.jpg

20 hours ago, Avpics said:

This has reminded me of the question I asked myself of whether it was safe to upload any Disney photos. First I decided not, then I decided some hotel and entrance might be OK, now I'm considering going the whole hog (mouse?). I'm guessing you've had no threats of removal?

Here is my position on this burning confusing issue.

If people or property, like Disney, are featured in your image and you do not have releases, then go to the optional page in Alamy Image Manager. Check the "sell for editorial only" box, if the image is either RF or RM 

You need releases to sell a RM or RF image, featuring people or property, for anything other than editorial.

However I am not a lawyer and the business legality of releases  changes over time.

Archived