2 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Which either means quite a nice sale price or that you don't eat many cans of baked beans in a year!

Of course, that depends on where you buy your beans from!

exterior-of-discount-supermarket-lidl-wo

Exterior of discount supermarket, Lidl, Wokingham, Berkshire, England, GB, UK,

waitrose-supermarket-entrance-abergavenn

Waitrose supermarket entrance. Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, Wales, GB, UK.

EDIT: apologies: going off thread fopr a bit of self-promotion.

Rubbish accross all agencies. 1 sale so far for just $12. Still going through keywords to get my 10 supertags (incredibly tedious) and still uploading, as well as some old college portraits I shot on medium format film. With the run up to War Of The Worlds I would have thought my shots would be starting to sell as I seem to be comming up on the first pages of Google. 

Has anyone found after a lot of work re- keywording if it has paid off ? 

6 hours ago, Marb said:

Rubbish accross all agencies. 1 sale so far for just $12. Still going through keywords to get my 10 supertags (incredibly tedious) and still uploading, as well as some old college portraits I shot on medium format film. With the run up to War Of The Worlds I would have thought my shots would be starting to sell as I seem to be comming up on the first pages of Google. 

Has anyone found after a lot of work re- keywording if it has paid off ? 

Yes, it has paid off for me. My tags were incredibly messed up with the changeover to the new AIM. I went through 5000 images, one at a time, and fixed those scrambled. I found the first few years of uploading that I wasn’t very good at keywording, so I got rid of many tags and added new appropriate ones.

It was incredibly time consuming to do this, but every evening I fixed 20-30 images.  My placements and sales improved. And I begin selling some of the oldies, which was a pleasant surprise.

Betty

Things are about the same for me; slow and steady. 4 sales yesterday, keeping me on track for best year (# of sales & revenue). Not surprising as I add to my port each year, mostly in the Winter.

Sold for website use;

snow-on-mt-battie-camden-maine-usa-M5DX5

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Yes, it has paid off for me. My tags were incredibly messed up with the changeover to the new AIM. I went through 5000 images, one at a time, and fixed those scrambled. I found the first few years of uploading that I wasn’t very good at keywording, so I got rid of many tags and added new appropriate ones.

It was incredibly time consuming to do this, but every evening I fixed 20-30 images.  My placements and sales improved. And I begin selling some of the oldies, which was a pleasant surprise.

Betty

Same here. Going back and cleaning up old tags and captions continues to pay off. I'm still at it...

That said, November remains a very doldrumy month for me. Encouraging to hear that the winds have picked up for some.

17 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Same here. Going back and cleaning up old tags and captions continues to pay off. I'm still at it...

That said, November remains a very doldrumy month for me. Encouraging to hear that the winds have picked up for some.

Constant reworking of tags and checking for spelling mistakes has to be good practice. Using Alamy Lightroom Bridge makes checking for tag errors really easy.  Despite being a pretty careful typer generally, I always find mistakes. I used the ALB smart collections in LR to review my entire portfolio and found several hundred images missing either information about person/property releases or categories, too. 

Another sale yesterday puts me at four so far this month.  

18 minutes ago, Marb said:

Out of interest, does anyone get sales UK daytime ? All my sales seem to have come in the early hours. Perhaps that's when Alamy reports them.

Rightly or wrongly, I am under the impression that sales report in real time.

Most of my (few meagre) sales have come in either at the beginning or end of the week. Don't know why, but that seems to be the trend for me.

18 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

When time allows I too go back over tags and captions. One small $$ sale on 7th November and then nosedived. Zooms down too, one today but on checking the search terms used I'm not holding my breath!

1 hour ago, Marb said:

Out of interest, does anyone get sales UK daytime ? All my sales seem to have come in the early hours. Perhaps that's when Alamy reports them.

Odd. I don't think I've ever had any sales reported overnight, although I have seen them very late in the evening (probably when some may have hit the sack so maybe that counts as overnight).

As regards reported sales being live, when I've asked CR whether they have knowledge of an image use that I've found the reply is usually that they have a record of the download and that the billing team will add it to the reports at xx time, sometimes the end of the month or later. That to me says that the reported sales aren't live, but the time when somebody gets around to entering it on the system.

50 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

yes..

early morning, mid morning,  midday., afternoon, early evening....as and when they're invoiced...

km

Well it was a reasonable question seeing as I always get my sales first thing early morning. And as Colin has confirmed, usually 2am when reported.

1 hour ago, Marb said:

Well it was a reasonable question seeing as I always get my sales first thing early morning. And as Colin has confirmed, usually 2am when reported.

Is that because you are looking at the Sales History rather than the Download Sales Report selecting Date of Invoice?  If you do the latter they are reported at any time of day or night.

Pearl

Overnight usually -- i.e. I wake up to them (on the download page) in the morning. They don't appear in my sales history until later in the day.

Vancouver is currently eight hours behind GMT, I believe, so 2 am GMT would be 6 pm previous day here. A tad confusing...

On 11/10/2018 at 14:35, Allan Bell said:

I like it when "Pointless" do the celebrity games. "Pointless Celebrities."

Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Allan

At least I can usually identify three or four of them - unlike 'Celebrity' Big Brother where they have to wear name tags.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:45, Phil Robinson said:

Well I hope they pay better than 'Pointless' (nothing to get excited about)

On 11/10/2018 at 00:08, wiskerke said:

Haha!

Keep us posted (discreetly maybe).

wim

HIGNFY seem to pay about twice as much as Pointless. But the sale was reported on Monday morning after broadcast on Friday!

Archived