Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, MarkK said:

 crickets

Very nice deep-fried, apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Valentia said:

Pointless would be good, it's my Key wording background show. But, HIGNFY is a real feather in the cap - well done. I hope it was Victoria Coren Mitchell, who introduced the image!

 

It was David Tennant - he'll do. It was in the 'Who's David Gauke?' game - luckily I knew.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

Very slow until today, which wasn't exactly great.

BUT - saw one of mine on Have I Got News For You tonight so I am expecting riches beyond my wildest dreams very soon.

 

Watched that but did not see your image.:blink:

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

Well I hope they pay better than 'Pointless' (nothing to get excited about)

 

I like it when "Pointless" do the celebrity games. "Pointless Celebrities."

 

Nudge nudge, wink wink.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Just one PU for me so far. 

 

At first I thought this thread was about it getting dark by 4:30 p.m. these days. ;)

 

That too. Time to get rid of standard time IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one on the first too. I thought, this could be a good month, with a good start......

 

1 more since then. Both amount to $80 gross though so not too bad.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 17:41, John Mitchell said:

 

That too. Time to get rid of standard time IMO.

 

Stop the planet from turning and all live in the twilight belt. At least for a short while before the Earth plunges into the sun.;)

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 17:41, John Mitchell said:

 

That too. Time to get rid of standard time IMO.

 

If you mean Daylight Saving Time ( the clocks going forward in Spring and backwards in Autumn / Fall); Ireland and the rest of Europe are considering cancelling it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I had one on the first too. I thought, this could be a good month, with a good start......

 

1 more since then. Both amount to $80 gross though so not too bad.

 

John.

 

Same here, except gross is smaller  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

 

If you mean Daylight Saving Time ( the clocks going forward in Spring and backwards in Autumn / Fall); Ireland and the rest of Europe are considering cancelling it soon.

 

About the only good reason I can see for the clock change is, without it kids would be trying to get to school in the dark.  For that alone, I am okay with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

About the only good reason I can see for the clock change is, without it kids would be trying to get to school in the dark.  For that alone, I am okay with it.

 

Good point about kids going to school in the dark. I'm not as early a riser as I used to be, so I'd forgotten about that. It gets very gloomy here in Vancouver when the clocks change in the fall, especially when the winter rains set in. Fortunately, the rainy season only lasts a few months.

 

A second sale of the month showed up today, so perhaps the doldrums are on the wane. :)

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Perhaps the answer we may be looking for as regards clock changing is next spring put the clocks forward for "Half an hour" only. Then darn well leave them at that.

Allan

 

You know, median ranking.

 

ITMA

 

 

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Allan Bell said:

 

Perhaps the answer we may be looking for as regards clock changing is next spring put the clocks forward for "Half an hour" only. Then darn well leave them at that.

Allan

 

 

 

Not a bad idea, for a half-baked one. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John Mitchell said:

 

Not a bad idea, for a half-baked one. B)

 

Thanks.:) Praise indeed.:blink:

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Thanks.:) Praise indeed.:blink:

 

Allan

 

 

 

You're welcome. I'm actually a big fan of lateral thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

About the only good reason I can see for the clock change is, without it kids would be trying to get to school in the dark.  For that alone, I am okay with it.

 

I remember in the sixties going to school in dark winter mornings with fluorescent hi-viz armbands so that we were easily seen. I don't mind clock changes either. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A crumb of comfort arrived this morning, one search term,  my views 86, total views 2300,  only one zoom :)  

 

Makes you feel you are doing something right, but, in reality, it's just the best match to the customer's particular requirement.

 

No further sales however.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

You're welcome. I'm actually a big fan of lateral thinking.

 

I do all my thinking lying down.;)

 

Allan

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It pays to have a moan - a $49 sale arrived this morning!

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First sale of the month today - three cans of baked beans! Book sale and sufficient to keep me in baked beans for a year or two :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet again, no sales for me so far this month.  I want my sales before the last day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Russell said:

First sale of the month today - three cans of baked beans! Book sale and sufficient to keep me in baked beans for a year or two :)

 

Which either means quite a nice sale price or that you don't eat many cans of baked beans in a year!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stokie said:

It pays to have a moan - a $49 sale arrived this morning!

 

John.

 

...and another for $76, although it's a distributor sale.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.