1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

The wind seems to have picked up.

6 this week, 4 this morning. Averages still poor though.

Still nothing here. I've resigned myself to looking for one of those wee newspaper sales in the 'end of month surge' to save me from a my first blank in a long time.

On 11/20/2018 at 18:03, Rudix said:

Hmm, this thread makes for depressing reading. I have only just started (not been here 3 weeks yet) but I am starting to think I might be wasting my time, think I will put my uploads on hold and wait a while to see what happens.

That's a ridiculous way to look at Alamy.  I made 5 sales in my first year but kept uploading regularly, didn't give up and now I'm averaging 8-10 sales per month.  I know that number will increase as my port gets bigger.

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

That's a ridiculous way to look at Alamy.  I made 5 sales in my first year but kept uploading regularly, didn't give up and now I'm averaging 8-10 sales per month.  I know that number will increase as my port gets bigger.

Thanks for your opinion :D

29 minutes ago, Bryan said:

5 calendar sales dropped in today, no cover page $$$ stuff, but very welcome! :)

Yes, I had 3 calendar sales today as well - a total of $120.

John.

On 20/11/2018 at 14:55, Allan Bell said:

Most images for use during the Christmas period are sold over the summer months. For Easter sales will be autumn the previous year and so on.

We used to be in the retail business with our own shop and when we went to the C & C's we used to find Christmas goods on their shelves in summer followed by Easter goods in November.

Talk about turning the world up side down. Of course after having the Christmas goods in our shop for so long all we wanted to do when it arrived was to forget about it and RELAX.

Allan 

Oh well, 5 sales, each of $27 came in overnight so happy about that as they are my War Of The Worlds shots which is due to be screened over Christmas. 

23 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Still nothing here. I've resigned myself to looking for one of those wee newspaper sales in the 'end of month surge' to save me from a my first blank in a long time.

A small sale dropped in today sparing my blushes. What a drag this month has been.

A small $$ sale beginning of Nov, but nothing since.

l am always hopeful of a better than normal month when it starts off well, but usually ends up being meh.

Archived