Show the latest image that you sold by Alamy in August. Important notice: Lets every photographer to public only one image which has sold per day

28 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Female of the small Uk hoverfly, Melanostoma scalare, a frequent garden visitor.  Used by a German magazine as part of a composite image.

Would you be able to identify a fly we saw at Sutton Hoo last week? Not Alamy quality, but I'd never seen the like and couldn't nail it from the books I have, nor from the online guids which sem to require a bit more botany than I have.

43 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

It's a hoverfly, hornet mimic, Volucella sp probably zonaria.  Big enough to give anyone a fright if they didn't know they were completely harmless.

2 hours ago, John Richmond said:

It's a hoverfly, hornet mimic, Volucella sp probably zonaria.  Big enough to give anyone a fright if they didn't know they were completely harmless.

Thanks very much- I had him down for a hoverfly but couldn't find that one. Fortunately I know what a hornet looks like- a chuffing big wasp basically- and I wouldn't have got that close to one without a rolled-up Sunday edition of the Times.

Archived