Four last-minute sales popped up making July a good month with nine RM sales ranging from $22 to $175. Only two distributor sales (Brazil of course) in the bunch. Gross: $606.

No July payout by the looks of it, though. Bummer. Guess it's back to Kraft Dinner.

4 sales 135.60 gross 6000 photos = rock bottom. My worst performing platform.

My July return per image for the month

Alamy            0.0083

Getty             0.29

Shutterstock  0.4

I made almost as much from shutterstock from 100 photos as I did with 6000 in Alamy.

After my first two sales in June, zilch this month.  Can't really complain as I've hardly been hugely active. Zooms look promising - onward and upward...the thread can only get more positive :) !

Spooky! Same here, 2 decent sales in June and nothing in July  . . . . . . must upload more :(

Alan

I had 3 sales by the 5th July and thought it was going to be a record month, but only 1 sale subsequently means that it was a lower than average month after all with 4 in total.

Only $110 gross (lowest $5.95 highest $52.06) so that is below average too.

Record number of rolling views for the month (4689) but below average zooms (16-24).

All in all, could do better.

John.

Not so good this month, only 1 sale for a low amount but I live on the other side of the world so my expectations of sale volumes are lower than what others could expect, and I'm comfortable with that. I tend to take the good with the bad and try to avoid winging. This is a nice hobby of mine. Being a pragmatist I really don't care what others think about that, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

The world is forever changing and we have to adapt to change. It has ever been so. Notwithstanding though, I do feel empathy for those relying on Alamy to provide a stable income.

Ken

I had a record number of sales, but none over $100.

My sales this month were all nu or newspapers, with just two magazines slightly higher, average just $16 gross.

Although the Huff Post sales weren't generous, they would have lifted my average for July.

I do think Alamy should turn down deals if the customer demands too big a discount, as at current prices I'm losing money when you look at the cost of running a car.

Archived