Expected better results  :mellow:

Except for a $ 650 sale, lots of rubbish sales. Too much peanuts for my liking. Where have the $75-$180 range sales gone?  :huh:

Cheers,

Philippe

They are like buses.

wim

September was astonishingly good for me with 7 sales grossing $338. It's probably only a blip on the great graph of Alamy life and I'll be back to normal next month, but even a little bit of encouragement to keep on shooting is always welcome.

Worst month in living memory (well, I did have a sale). Most of my revenue over the past few years has been from book licenses of rather old documentary photography.  Now $150+ book licenses are becoming a rarity, and old images are pushed back in the search results.  Alamy might be interested to know that, on a per image basis, my revenue here, since last March, is just 8% of that of my main UK agency, which also handles quite a lot of my old material. 

Worst month in living memory (well, I did have a sale). Most of my revenue over the past few years has been from book licenses of rather old documentary photography.  Now $150+ book licenses are becoming a rarity, and old images are pushed back in the search results.  Alamy might be interested to know that, on a per image basis, my revenue here, since last March, is just 8% of that of my main UK agency, which also handles quite a lot of my old material. 

Those $150+ book licenses do still exist. However, I'm seeing more in the $60-$80 range.

Those $150+ book licenses do still exist. However, I'm seeing more in the $60-$80 range.

Well they certainly exist elsewhere, John, particularly in North America. Last month: one for $200 and another for $473

My worst month ever on Alamy. Into the negative with one small sale and a refund from the prior month. Zooms good and included quite a few by image number. One image zoomed 10 September then appeared on the BBC Earth web site on 12th, but no sale dropped in yet. Will give it a bit longer before sending infringement form in. Same happened last month, a zoom and then an image on Virgin Media web 2 days later. I sent a form in for that after a month, but nothing heard so far.

Well they certainly exist elsewhere, John, particularly in North America. Last month: one for $200 and another for $473

Here as well, I've had several in the $175-$250 range this year. The $60-$80 appear to be more common now, though.

A low 3 sales for $60 net (just over $150 gross). I count net as that's what (helps to) pay the bills. 

With three quarters gone this year, I'm on track for the same number of sales as last year but significantly less revenue (gross heading for just over 60% of last year's, if this year's trend continues). What's missing from my sales are the $150+ round number textbook sales, which gave me hope last year. I do hope they come back in the final quarter of the year! 

Worst month of the year for sales and zooms (5 licences for $169 gross).

Did have an infringement payment of $20 to add to my total tho.

From my sales info, it looks as tho the Guardian newspaper has a new deal regarding prices...nearly half what they were a month ago.

Onwards and downwards !

On the plus side,  I did win GBP £100 on the Premium Bonds.

4 sales this month from Alamy Stock and 3 paid on the Stockimo App. 

Lisa, do you mind my asking how many photos you have on Stockimo? I have 428, but only one sale so far.  Thanks!

Hi Gina, I currently have 583 photos on Stockimo with 7 sales paid plus another two more recent sales spotted but not paid yet (The Guardian). I started a series of videos on YouTube to share what I've learned, if you are interested.  My next video will be on all of the advanced camera features on the iPhone camera to make sure everyone knows how to use their iPhone camera, with my 11 top tips and tricks. A link to my Youtube videos appears below in my signature, in case you want to check them out. I'll be adding my next episode on Monday.

Archived