MircoV

Post your positive results here :)

For someone with a relatively small portfolio and just occasional sales (although that does appear to be picking up lately) I was very pleased to get a book sale for $950 ($475) on something of a fairly run of the mill image - just a quick 'snap' that I submitted on the off chance. It's a trade book cover apparently. Transaction appeared late- August, not cleared yet though - fingers crossed.

Edited by Gary Clarke
missed wording
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lots of very good news here!

Paulette

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

Lots of very good news here!

Paulette

Far too positive for me ;). Now then, back to the pessimistic threads. :D

Nothing quite as grand as a few, but my first $180 text book sale in quite awhile.  First sold a couple of days ago for $75.  Today refunded then re-licensed for $180.

One of the rare times it's good to see a refund.

Jill;

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My positive news is that Mirco is back on the forum. Here. on the thread just below this one.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, NYCat said:

My positive news is that Mirco is back on the forum. Here. on the thread just below this one.

Paulette

WOW.

Thanks Paulette. So nice of you. Why i ever went for a holiday .... :)

• Like 1

Just need Philippe back now to complete the family atmosphere. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He will show up one day :). He will be like me... can not live without Alamy.

• Like 1

Three pictures sold as posters to the country Texas, also known as my home state, for a handsome $238 each.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow - lots of great news here - congrats to all!

Had a $250 sale on Friday the 13th. Thought that was fun and was quite pleased, but nothing like those four-figure sales a few have mentioned this month - really awesome you guys! And refunds for more money! Loving these trends. 

Edited by Marianne
emphasis

On 10/1/2017 at 10:36, skylineboy said:

ive just logged in after a good month of not checking my dashboard!

a shot that is very average, anyone could have took it! has resulted in a sale of my HALF being $2400! one of the worlds biggest companies is behind the licence so itll be out there for all to see, which is a nice bonus feeling too!

ecstatic, and loads of zooms this week too, very happy given my portfolio isnt very big compared to some.

On 9/28/2017 at 06:29, Sultanpepa said:

I've thought for a moment about posting this as I don't want to jinx it, but I've just had a sale drop in for $1464.15. I'm dumbfounded, speechless, shocked and stunned. :o

🎉 Congrats to everyone on this thread but just had to single these two out - really exciting news!  🎉 

Thanks for sharing. I feel inspired! 

Everytime when i log into the forum and see this thread on the first page i know that Alamy is still fully alive and working :). Come on this thread is made in 2015 and still showing up as a top topic. As long it is up it is a proof that still good sales can be made.

26 minutes ago, Abiyoyo said:

This morning starts with a nice $299 editorial sale. Happy.

Gongratulations!!!!

Not up to the latest standards but I am always happy, as today, when I have a sale over a hundred dollars.

Paulette

Congrats everyone on here that are making sales, i am still waiting for that magic moment to happen,but i quess i will have to upload more photos , and look up what is selling more ,hope everyone has a lovely day.

36 minutes ago, vicky allum said:

Congrats everyone on here that are making sales, i am still waiting for that magic moment to happen,but i quess i will have to upload more photos , and look up what is selling more ,hope everyone has a lovely day.

And look carefully at your captions and keywords Vicky Allum - Image KCTRH8 is  a case in point which I suspect has been captioned/keyworded in error!

Kind regards

Kumar (the Doc one) 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

And look carefully at your captions and keywords Vicky Allum - Image KCTRH8 is  a case in point which I suspect has been captioned/keyworded in error!

Kind regards

Kumar (the Doc one) 

Hi Kumar,I have made a mistake on that one,i forget to de select photo when adding tags,will have to upload it again,vicky

22 minutes ago, vicky allum said:

Hi Kumar,I have made a mistake on that one,i forget to de select photo when adding tags,will have to upload it again,vicky

You don't have to upload it again. You can change tags in the Image Manager, though it certainly isn't easy if you have a lot of tags.

Paulette

3 hours ago, vicky allum said:

As Paulette says, you dont need to upload it again - just delete the caption and tags in Alamy Image manager (AIM) and redo them. Unfortunately this is one of the irritations with the new AIM is that it is very easy to have more images selected than you think you have and therefore get captions and tags completely wrong   :(

Cheers

Kumar (the Doc one)

I’m thrilled with October. If I make no other sales this month, my statement stands.  This is already my best month ever as it is by several sales.  

The nice thing is nearly all of these images were zoomed. My zooms are healthy, not quite as good in October as previous months, but still good. 

Whats even better is that only two are lower value, $12-13. The rest are decent to really nice. I don’t know if I’m having my end of month “surge” early, or if....drum roll...it is yet to come! :D Be nice if it is yet to come!

Betty

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’m thrilled with October. If I make no other sales this month, my statement stands.  This is already my best month ever as it is by several sales.  

The nice thing is nearly all of these images were zoomed. My zooms are healthy, not quite as good in October as previous months, but still good. 

Whats even better is that only two are lower value, $12-13. The rest are decent to really nice. I don’t know if I’m having my end of month “surge” early, or if....drum roll...it is yet to come! :D Be nice if it is yet to come!

Betty

Congrats Betty. I'm on the opposite shore this month with my worst month in a long time, but hey this is the positive thread right? Still 6 days left. :)

27 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Congrats Betty. I'm on the opposite shore this month with my worst month in a long time, but hey this is the positive thread right? Still 6 days left. :)

I’ve been working very diligently on my legacy images, fixing tags and captions. In another thread, I mentioned I recently have had some old images zoomed, more than have ever been normally zoomed that close together.  Now I’m getting the sales ramping up. 

I’m not done fixing them all, yet, but I can’t help but believe straightening out the mess is paying off. I haven’t checked, but I might have only a year’s worth of image uploads to fix.

Having an iPad is great, because in the evenings I can do that busy work while comfortably sitting on my sofa with one eye on the television. With my back issues, I could never sit at the computer for that long, nor would I want to spend an hour or two at my desktop after dinner.

Betty

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’ve been working very diligently on my legacy images, fixing tags and captions. In another thread, I mentioned I recently have had some old images zoomed, more than have ever been normally zoomed that close together.  Now I’m getting the sales ramping up. 

I’m not done fixing them all, yet, but I can’t help but believe straightening out the mess is paying off. I haven’t checked, but I might have only a year’s worth of image uploads to fix.

Having an iPad is great, because in the evenings I can do that busy work while comfortably sitting on my sofa with one eye on the television. With my back issues, I could never sit at the computer for that long, nor would I want to spend an hour or two at my desktop after dinner.

Betty

I've not been so disciplined but I do re-keyword as I come across them. Still got a long way to go.