Is it just me, or did sales in the last half of May die?  Up to the 16th things were normal (13 sales for $580) and then.... nothing.

Same for me. Till the 13th regular sales and then nothing. Worst month for me since April of last year!  :(

May was close to average for me. But like Reimar, the first half of the month was much stronger than the second half. Had 19 sales for a gross of $1,269. Highest sale, $180 and lowest $10. About an average of $66 per sale.

I had a good month.

10 sales for $420 gross

Only had one sale over $100 and three to the Daily Mail at the opposite end.

Nothing in the first week or the last week, all the sales were bunched in the middle.

Maybe the Bank Holidays slow sales and next month will be better.

5 sales for $507.87

However, one sale of $330 was the same image that sold the month before for the same fee and same usage (except for the dates) so I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of them is refunded.

Selling right up to the 31st with a few on the final couple of days reported at low values. 21 sales plus 2 more (refund-resale) but under $700 total. Basically I'm seeing good levels of activity, consistent sales day on day with few gaps, and very low average fees without any highpoints at all in May. $75 my highest - rather appropriately, for an out of order cashpoint machine...

34 sales, $1,792 gross. $460 cleared - so even with fairly successful sales from 5,000 images I'm glad I don't rely entirely on Alamy. Chased-up-infringers paid in month $1,750ish, with a couple of biggish ones settled but not yet paid to come.

Usual reservations about the newspaper scheme which is grossly unbalanced. Had one exclusive, property-released image used for first time in an advertorial online page for $6.

3 sales, but 2 distributor for $81 gross. Highest $47 (luckily full fat), lowest $8.89 (unluckily a distributor) so I only got $2.66 gross!

Still 3 sales isn't bad for me for May. In the last 3 years i've only had 1 sale each May.

Sales 14th, 23rd and 29th.

John

None. Not unusual, I sell only about one image per month via Alamy.

It is luckily only a very small business sideline, my main income comes from assignments.

Vlad

Archived