Oh, I don't know. Being in the top 50 would probably mean I'd be over-obsessed with Alamy life - an insomniac worrying about missing all those keywords. 

So I'm happy being in the top 500 having had a good night's sleep, thanks. 

Rgds,

Richard.

In spite of falling revenue, I got this e-mail encouraging me not to "fall away from the pack".  I'd rather get an e-mail telling me I'm in the top 50.  You?

Any decision regarding dropping away would be based on earnings not my relative position compared to other photographers.

I suppose being in the top 500 based on 30,000 photographers and 600 agencies isn't so bad.  I was quite chuffed to get the email :) - I needed cheering up! :wacko:

I got my top 500 email today,

It's nice to be acknowledged but my Alamy earnings are not very high - I can't remember the last time time hit a $1000 for a month - so  If I'm in the top 500 it doesn't say much for the rest I'm afraid...

I'm still in.

There's probably no top 10 or top 100 email. (Wouldn't qualify for either.)

I wonder what months make up that last quarter.

The previous (well mine) email was September 20.

Has there been a top 500 email between that one and this one?

wim

I am still in as well but it is unclear whether it is based primarily on numbers of images sold, or revenue - anyone know?

Kumar

Uhh you've asked Member Service about that before.

This was the main thread about the September email :

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/1057-number-of-photographers-on-alamy/

There have been some more remarks in other threads since, but no conclusion.

Nor about what the quarter actually was. At that point I guess we all assumed (I did) it was about 2013 Q2.

As we all know: assume = ass u & me  ;-)

wim

edit: Freudian typo

I'd be happy with just (a s)ale

I would be happy with increased views (down in the doldrums just now) and a few zooms.

Allan

I"m also apparently in the top 500, which is a first for me. I'm also probably back in the "sin bin" again by the looks of it.

Oh, the irony of it all.

P.S. How about a VIP Sin Bin for the top 500, Alamy? (Just kidding, please don't ban me yet.).

Cheers, feels good nonetheless.

I got one for the first time. Very welcome but strange as I've had the worst quarter since this time last year. However, I've just checked the figures and I've realised I've almost doubled what I made in Jan-March 2013 (which was a fifth of what I'd made the year before!)

If the next three quarters are doubled too, things won't look so bad.

I got another email too having had the first one last September.  I had a much better Q4 2013 but never got an email then so perhaps there is no logic to it.  2014 has been disappointing thus far so I would find a few good sales and a bit more inclusion in Creative more motivating than a vague email.

Pearl

Archived