I got an e-mail telling me that I hadn't followed the correct procedure for submitting live news images, better than being ignored completely I guess  :mellow:

I'll PM you the name of my shrink if you like. B)

It's only you guys in the top 500 can afford a shrink, I have to take advice from the blokes in the allotment hut  :wacko:

You there! Johnson....send a pigeon out to the troops, tell them we are winning this god damned war.......we have no chance without them.

This about sums it up. 

Alamy hope the old timers stick around, but as long as enough fresh young recruits  keep appearing, nobody is getting any sleepless nights.

There are numerous things Alamy could do to support their dedicated contributors, but since nobody is asking why should they? 

For example: 

(i)  A tool to assist editing out useless images, those that get viewed but never sold, zoomed or added to lightboxes

(ii)  More favourable terms for anyone prepared to make whole collections exclusive (several other agencies do this)

(iii)  Have a bestsellers option such that an image that has done well for five years will appear higher than one that has only done well for one year (because of such a system elsewhere I have images that sell over and over again)

(iv)  Don’t just outlaw similars per sub but try and impose restrictions across the collection (happens with all the best edited collections)

And I can think of several other measures that could be applied, but won’t be – unless a lot of people start asking.   

RB

I was very surprised and very delighted to get the email last night.Especially as it comes as I slowly recover from a very bad episode of depression and PTSD.

Untill recently I had not submitted any new images for well over a year nor have I worked on any keywording so it was a big surprise for me.

The depression told me that I was only in the top 500 and as there were 32000 alamy photographers I was just one out of 64 :-( 

My therapy methods made me work on the figures and by my maths the top 500 are the top 1.5% So that is pretty good :-) 

I have recently uploaded 130 new images and had them pass QC, it is a good feeling to slowly be getting back to what I love.

Thanks Alamy I am feeling better about myself today 

You there! Johnson....send a pigeon out to the troops, tell them we are winning this god damned war.......we have no chance without them.

This about sums it up. 

Alamy hope the old timers stick around, but as long as enough fresh young recruits  keep appearing, nobody is getting any sleepless nights.

There are numerous things Alamy could do to support their dedicated contributors, but since nobody is asking why should they? 

For example: 

(i)  A tool to assist editing out useless images, those that get viewed but never sold, zoomed or added to lightboxes

(ii)  More favourable terms for anyone prepared to make whole collections exclusive (several other agencies do this)

(iii)  Have a bestsellers option such that an image that has done well for five years will appear higher than one that has only done well for one year (because of such a system elsewhere I have images that sell over and over again)

(iv)  Don’t just outlaw similars per sub but try and impose restrictions across the collection (happens with all the best edited collections)

And I can think of several other measures that could be applied, but won’t be – unless a lot of people start asking.   

RB

+1

I"m also apparently in the top 500, which is a first for me. I'm also probably back in the "sin bin" again by the looks of it.

Oh, the irony of it all.

P.S. How about a VIP Sin Bin for the top 500, Alamy? (Just kidding, please don't ban me yet.).

Cheers, feels good nonetheless.

Well is that cool or  what?You are in two places at once! Congrats on your top 500 status!

Poor few months for me... (sales wise - ct.'s up, rankings up - well I'm guessing rankings up but I don't play the BHZ age but both views and ctr is up... just fewer sales!!! )

Got the last 500 email... not got this one.... ho hum....

I"m also apparently in the top 500, which is a first for me. I'm also probably back in the "sin bin" again by the looks of it.

Oh, the irony of it all.

P.S. How about a VIP Sin Bin for the top 500, Alamy? (Just kidding, please don't ban me yet.).

Cheers, feels good nonetheless.

Well is that cool or  what?You are in two places at once! Congrats on your top 500 status!

Thanks, I like to cover all the bases. . 

But, the peasants are revolting sir!
Well in that case Johnson, cut their rations, they will soon learn.

*guffaws* 

Archived