Anyone else struggling or is it just me this month

I normally get 3-5 sales every month, for the last 2-3 months only one sale a month and I've even started to make my editorial photos exclusive to Alamy, wondering if perhaps only RF portfolio might be the problem suddenly?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexander Hogg said:

Starting to get worried with no sales this month I know I haven't uploaded much this year due to personal reasons 

Dreadful month. Four sales in total, three of them very early. One on the twelfth. Totalling just over 10 bucks. Still a wee bit to go though. 🤔

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Dreadful month. Four sales in total, three of them very early. One on the twelfth. Totalling just over 10 bucks. Still a wee bit to go though. 🤔

Ditto, 4 sales, 3 early, one on 13th, $13 gross. Not happy at all. I thought that having got the hang of what sells, and producing more of it, I should be increasing sales.

• Like 2

August was terrible. September, while not exactly setting the world on fire is at least proving to be better than August.

2 hours ago, Steve F said:

I thought that having got the hang of what sells, and producing more of it, I should be increasing sales.

I tend to just take a scatter gun approach and photograph whatever interests me. Alamy is definitely a numbers game... throw enough mud and some of it will stick.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Had an unusual for me spike in Alamy sales mid-July after a scattering of sales in first half of year.  Nothing since mid-July.

Otherwise my video footage clip sales on another platform have completely collapsed with no sales since early January.

On 17/09/2024 at 08:46, Alexander Hogg said:

Starting to get worried with no sales this month I know I haven't uploaded much this year due to personal reasons 

Most unusual, have only had one licensed this month so far. Last month was ok, would have been better if a higher value sale wasn't refunded 2 days after being licensed. Hopefully there will be a little rush at the month end.

• Like 1

One in July ( sort of ), three in August, nothing so far this month, all very odd. The July "sale" was originally licenced in June for $218.08, refunded in July and then licenced again for $12.27 ... way to go PAlamy ....

• Like 1

I got my 5th sale today, taking me to a whopping $17 gross for the month. Then another sale came in for $100. Swings and roundabouts!

p.s. All images were taken at home, one was looking out of the window...

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

No sales for September although a friend has bought and hung one of mine in her dining room in the last two weeks ;). Not sure what the time lag is for sales tbh. 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2024 at 13:25, Matt Ashmore said:

August was terrible. September, while not exactly setting the world on fire is at least proving to be better than August.

I tend to just take a scatter gun approach and photograph whatever interests me. Alamy is definitely a numbers game... throw enough mud and some of it will stick.

Well, I do to an extent as well, but I'm normally quite commercial about it. If I see something I think might sell, I snap it!

Just moaning because I've added a lot of images this year, but this seems to be the first time I'm not seeing a correlation between my portfolio size and my results. But hey, still a quarter to go...

On 17/09/2024 at 08:25, Matt Ashmore said:

throw enough mud and some of it will stick.

gotta have more cowbell stick

we don't need mud

more stick is what we gotta have

gimme more stick

if current pace for 20 Sep days
keeps up thru 10 more Sep days
me total Sep gross could reach $5K...
good now but painful a decade ago...

• Like 3