Selection and Licensing System is World's Worst on Alamy

hi, i would like to say to change this world's worst system for licensing and selection. i produce 100000s images, and upload as much as i can because i am also loading those videos and images on Adobe, shutterstock, pond5, depositphoto, vecteezy, getty images, 500px ETC, non of the sites have this kind of worst system, the actual system is if your computer or Selection  manager is not happy with image then they should only refuse that image which has faults. but Alamy site's system is to reject all images which are even best in the world. i had very bad experience in last month when i loaded over 1000 images at once and it was rejected because of one image. i removed that image then loaded again, then it was again rejected for one more image,  it does not mean that all of those 1000 images were had faults. 

i have suggestion that first to all, change this worst system. 

or

check all images and reject only unwanted images.

or 

check all images and send report for all failed images even you can fail all of those images which are best. in this situation everybody will be happy to delete those images only which are indicated by alamy as faulty.

it can save also lot of time to upload again which causes time waste and also extra work load for nothing. it will also save time of alamy site as well, and it will also helpful for all of the creators and alamy computers.

BUT

i think you guys will not accept because i am already very disappointed with account frozen restriction as well. 

Please think and come out from past to future. 

Thanks

Edited by Altaf Shah
  • Dislike 5

Altaf Shah

ghanwa111@hotmail.com

account frozen for EXTRA worst system on alamy site.!!!

i want to say that let the creator do their job to creat images and upload, and alamy site people should do their work to select and reject! not as current system, for exemple if some load 10000 image, 1 image has any kind of fault then refused all of other 9999 images are also rejected! this is totally unfair. 

Alamy people, please do your job properly, we are just creators of images. we are not your selectors!!!!

so please save your time and creator's time. it costs too much money and time to create and upload to your site Sir!

Think about to change the WORLD'S WORST SYSTEM!

Edited by Altaf Shah
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

17,951 images all containing "beautiful"

2,207 images with "gorgeous"

1st image I look at (2R43KTX) - wrong caption, with many, many more also wrong.

Seriously?

I was amazed how many searches there are on AoA for gorgeous. About 60 this rolling year. Mainly for Cheddar Gorgeous, like Cheddar Gorgeous Liquorice Black and for things that do not show up when you're not logged in.

But also for

On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous;

gig gorgeous 2022

howe sound and british columbia and gorgeous and view and fjord;

Gigii gorgeous;

babybird gorgeous;

All with 0 - ZERO! - views. Now there are some niches there. Maybe time that it's added to the What should I shoot tool...

wim

• Like 1

I have stated this many times, so will again.

You have to remember, that generally, Alamy pays more per license than any of those other agencies.  I think the most I have ever received on one of "Those Other" sites is $2.00.  Mostly .25 - .35 cents.

If Alamy had to check every image, then they would need to employ more people to do that.  People like to be paid.  And where does Alamy get their money?  From our licenses, so to pay these people, they would need a bigger cut.

I would think that any reputable photographer would not submit images that could not pass simple technical requirements.  I have had one fail in 10  years.  Not as many images as you, but even that fail was an error of an image I didn't intend to upload.

Take responsibility for your work and submit quality images.  (I am talking technically, not visually).

Jill

Edited by Jill Morgan
  • Like 8

With Alamy's search engine which excludes images in searches and the limit of 500 pages there must be hundreds of thousands of images that will never be seen with no method to access them.  I wouldn't recommend to anyone to start from scratch to try and selling images here.  Only one of Alamy's competitors allow you access of all pages matching your keywords.

9 hours ago, Altaf Shah said:

Altaf Shah

ghanwa111@hotmail.com

account frozen for EXTRA worst system on alamy site.!!!

i want to say that let the creator do their job to creat images and upload, and alamy site people should do their work to select and reject! not as current system, for exemple if some load 10000 image, 1 image has any kind of fault then refused all of other 9999 images are also rejected! this is totally unfair. 

Alamy people, please do your job properly, we are just creators of images. we are not your selectors!!!!

so please save your time and creator's time. it costs too much money and time to create and upload to your site Sir!

Think about to change the WORLD'S WORST SYSTEM!

Alamy gets too many photographs per day to just look at every photo submitted and reject all that have technical problems.  Learn how to proof your own work.  Check shadows for noise.   They look for the obvious problems and the first with technical flaws means the whole submission is sent back for you to go over more carefully and either fix problems or cull unfixable photos.   The rest of us have adapted to this. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4

You are really taking the mickey with your tagging. If I were Alamy, I would not unfreeze your account.

And don't worry about it, your ranking will be sunk in no time and your images not seen.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I agree with the post above that your account should be on hold until you redo your tags and captions.  I don't know if I have ever seen a bigger mess of captions and keywords (tags).

2R43GWK , a photo of an out of focus trash (rubbish) can in a city park (no people in the photo) is captioned "gorgeous Image of People Walking at Wardown Public Park of Luton Town of England UK During Sunset"  Out of 48 tags, I think only two were relevant to the photo.

If you were trying to NOT have any sales you have done a brilliant job but it also does Alamy a disservice when buyers have to wade through many photos that don't have anything to do with their search.  That can push buyers to look elsewhere.

Well said Michael. Exactly that. It does upset me when people make a joke of tagging. Obviously they won't get sales but it is also a huge desservice to Alamy and all contributors. It impacts Alamy's reputation and causes comments from photo buyers like 'you can't find anything on Alamy'. I've seen those.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Altaf Shah said:

You have to do your job properly. Alamy do theirs very well. You absolutely are the selector - all alamy ask is that your images are technically proficient. Its is standard QC practice in most industries to check a percentage of the submitted products and if they find an error in that batch then the batch is rejected.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Altaf Shah said:

hi, i would like to say to change this world's worst system for licensing and selection. i produce 100000s images, and upload as much as i can because i am also loading those videos and images on Adobe, shutterstock, pond5, depositphoto, vecteezy, getty images, 500px ETC, non of the sites have this kind of worst system, the actual system is if your computer or Selection  manager is not happy with image then they should only refuse that image which has faults. but Alamy site's system is to reject all images which are even best in the world. i had very bad experience in last month when i loaded over 1000 images at once and it was rejected because of one image. i removed that image then loaded again, then it was again rejected for one more image,  it does not mean that all of those 1000 images were had faults. 

i have suggestion that first to all, change this worst system. 

or

check all images and reject only unwanted images.

or 

check all images and send report for all failed images even you can fail all of those images which are best. in this situation everybody will be happy to delete those images only which are indicated by alamy as faulty.

it can save also lot of time to upload again which causes time waste and also extra work load for nothing. it will also save time of alamy site as well, and it will also helpful for all of the creators and alamy computers.

BUT

i think you guys will not accept because i am already very disappointed with account frozen restriction as well. 

Please think and come out from past to future. 

Thanks

Altaf,

I've been happily working with the system that Alamy has for a very long time. I've had two images fail QC in almost 20 years.  I will add that I have contributed to most of the libraries you list.  One of them still has a few of my images and all but one you list I would never want to have anything to do with again.  All of my new material is exclusive with Alamy and I spend as much time researching my caption information as I do preparing my images for submission.

Even though I only briefly looked at the first page of your images, sorry but could not go further.  I agree with what Michael wrote above.

gorgeous, butt........... (could not resist)

Guess we can expect this thread to be closed, every time I respond lately that happens ?

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
addition
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

You have to do your job properly. Alamy do theirs very well. You absolutely are the selector - all alamy ask is that your images are technically proficient. Its is standard QC practice in most industries to check a percentage of the submitted products and if they find an error in that batch then the batch is rejected.

During stock takes I used to know this common technique as statistical sampling. If any errors were found in a small sample the complete stock had to be individually counted, an industry standard.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Altaf Shah said:

Yes, you are a 'selector' - you need to do your own quality control:

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/?section=5&_gl=1*1wwj58n*_ga*MTg3ODgwNjkzMi4xNjg4MDQyMzI1*_ga_M5V9H9N7G8*MTY4ODIwMzc3Ni45LjEuMTY4ODIwNTI1NC4wLjAuMA..

"After your first submission has passed:

• Check your submissions for technical faults before you submit 
  • Send us as many images as you like as often as you like 
  • We’ll just spot-check a few of your images per submission 
  • If the images we check are ok, your whole submission will pass 
  • If we find a problem with one image, your whole submission will fail"
  • Like 3

Altaf, my final comment is that your arrogant posts in this thread indicate you have never read or absorbed the the Alamy contributor rules, and as you have 28927 images with Alamy, if you wish to make a success here, you have a major job ahead of you in correcting captions and tags in all of these images. Even then, you would be competing against yourself where your images would be available for less elsewhere. Somehow I doubt we shall hear from you again.

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

On 01/07/2023 at 10:34, StokeCreative said:

first time I've  seen beautiful and Bedford in the same sentence :)

Edit - the smiley is certainly appropriate 🙂

Edited by sb photos
  • Like 2