Alamy Contributor Temperature Check Survey

Allan Bell

Question

A very simple drop down option list and tick boxes on the  theme 'Which bits of Alamy are you happy/unhappy with' as a contributor.  No option for free entry text to explain WHY you are happy or, perhaps more likely, unhappy, so not of any great value as a survey, one would have thought. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

No option for free entry text to explain WHY you are happy or, perhaps more likely, unhappy, so not of any great value as a survey, one would have thought. 

would be a maasive improvement on the survey

52 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

A very simple drop down option list and tick boxes on the  theme 'Which bits of Alamy are you happy/unhappy with' as a contributor.  No option for free entry text to explain WHY you are happy or, perhaps more likely, unhappy, so not of any great value as a survey, one would have thought. 

Exactly.   Would have needed text to explain why i consider CS both 

Positive: the front line rep are really responsive with what they get from back office

Negative: back office provides bs empty unresearched content, and refuse to work with contributors (see my fight for access to reportage)

• Like 1

Alamy questionnaire – the missing questions

Are you happy that any of your RM images may be sold on a perpetual licence?

Is less than $2 gross an acceptable licence fee for any of your images?

Is the introduction of a 20% commission rate for small contributors fair?

• Like 3

I took it to mean Alamy - PA.

Just filled in the pos and negs without worrying about explanations.

Allan

If it had been "What did you think of Alamy back in the 2010's it would have been a lot more positive.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I just completed the survey and was also disappointed with the absence of "Why?" comment boxes.

It strikes me as a somewhat useless exercise without the ability to give explanations, I'm sorry to say. 🙄

Probably someone's compensation based on satisfaction,  Alamy has no use for why we think they could be better.  Like the forum feedback black box.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I found it in my Spam folder, wouldn't have known about it without this thread.

Mine's not even there.

Curious to send it out when A must know the "temperature" from following the forum. Unless they're sticking their fingers in their ears and singing "la-la-la" of course.

Edited by spacecadet

22 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Mine's not even there.

Curious to send it out when A must know the "temperature" from following the forum. Unless they're sticking their fingers in their ears and singing "la-la-la" of course.

My guess is that they will get a far more positive response by not listening to us on the forum!! 

My criticism of quick surveys such as this is that they are all about quantity of responses rather than the quality of response.

For example, geography students doing a questionnaire in the town centre might ask 500 people their opinion about traffic flows. One of the 500 might actually be a traffic engineer who has real knowledge and should be paid attention to but their comments can only fit into the tick boxes available.

I suppose many of those filling in the Alamy survey will be at micrcostock, be relatively new to stock etc - by comparison Alamy may well seem to offer good rates of commission, higher fees, be a better agency. It is all relative.

The totals will be about perception more than anything else.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 2

Has anybody ever asked a Fisherman how good his catch was? Or a Farmer how good his harvest was? The answers are always "could be better".

I haven't a clue how they will interpret the answers to Q's about satisfaction with overall earnings and earnings per picture? Surely the answers will be consistent?

🦔🤪

14 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

Did get the E-mail but feel I shouldn't have had it as I cannot offer good responses compared to others on here, as some others have said there wasn't an area where you could leave a written response to leave any other comments at all Don't do Micro Stock, I quite agree with what you have said

I believe I gave much more Negatives than positives.

Allan

2 hours ago, sooth said:

Thanks for posting the link. Just in time as the deadline for completion is tomorrow.

I wonder how many contributors like myself didn't receive the email from Alamy. Likely only forum users were aware.