Alamy Contributor Temperature Check Survey

Allan Bell

Question

I suppose the reason they don't have a comments box, even one for goodness sake, is that someone would need to read those comments. Other surveys seem to manage to have one though and I would have thought that is the only real way they will discover what is on the minds of their contributors. I get sent one every month by my supermarket and that has a comments box. Are these comments read? Perhaps it depends upon which boxes are checked but at least you've had a chance to explain what is on your mind.

Hard to put oneself in the mind of someone filling in this survey if they are 'Unsure' of which commission model they're on, similarly hard to imagine that anyone on Silver, or Gold come to that, will be 'Satisfied',  or that someone (not many presumably) on Platinum will be so ungrateful as to claim to be 'Unsatisfied'.

Similarly with the list of 'Happy' and 'Unhappy'  subject areas. Am I happy with 'Alamy Image Manager'? Well yes, broadly speaking, but it could be improved, but I can only be Happy or Unhappy. That's the crux of the problem really, this survey doesn't let you explain how you think things could be better, and although we often express our ideas on here Alamy don't take any notice. There are positive suggestions from contributors on here from years ago with no response.

Many people, the vast majority I would think, do not go on Twitter or Instagram, so are they 'Happy' or 'Unhappy' with Alamy's presence on Social Media?

So the frustration, as others have said, is that Alamy won't get a proper picture of how their contributors feel from this survey but at some level of management a Task has been completed successfully.

Are we all Happy with the 'Total revenue generated from your portfolio'? Answers on a postcard.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Hi All, 

This survey is an initial temperature check and we will be looking into doing a more in depth survey in the coming months ahead. Where contributors will be able to add comments about the contributor experience. 

Some contributors may have not received the email due to being opted out of marketing, and we could not include those opted out of marketing into this email. 

Thanks,

Alamy.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi All, 

This survey is an initial temperature check and we will be looking into doing a more in depth survey in the coming months ahead. Where contributors will be able to add comments about the contributor experience. 

Some contributors may have not received the email due to being opted out of marketing, and we could not include those opted out of marketing into this email. 

Thanks,

Alamy.  

Hi Alamy,

Is there an equivalent project on the client side of things?

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Hi All, 

Thanks,

Alamy.  

I don't believe I have opted out of marketing or any reasons to email me and I didn't get it.  I checked my spam as well.

12 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I don't believe I have opted out of marketing or any reasons to email me and I didn't get it.  I checked my spam as well.

Same as Michael's experience. If it wasn't for a link to the survey posted to the forum I and many others would have been excluded. Surely it would have been a simple matter to email all active contributors who hadn't opted out of being contacted. If not it was another failing of Alamy's system.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2022 at 01:35, Michael Ventura said:

Not sent to me either. Maybe just the U.K.? Or all of Europe?

I didn't get it here in Scotland.

An e-pal who has a many-years-dormant account but lives in the US got it and instantly binned it, his opinion being that Alamy isn't worth 5 mins of his time.

However, it sounds like the survey is similar to the one sent out by my other place, and that I get from some shops - only ask a few uninteresting questions and don't get to the serious concerns.

It's like telling M&S yes, the shop was clean, yes the checkout operator was friendly and efficient, yes everything was clearly labelled, but nowhere to point out that their sizing is all over the place or to ask why shops have to put certain clothes on store dummies, even if that branch doesn't carry that line (that was pre-Covid and may have changed).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi All, 

Thanks,

Alamy.  

so just dipping your big toe to test the temperature.  i'll hazard a guess from the floating ice cubes that it's going to be cold.