Jump to content

August Challenge - Hands at work


 Share

Recommended Posts

My challenge is for hands at work, showing humans or wildlife using their hands in a working environment.

 

As usual 3 pictures only and all on Alamy. Challenge to finish end August

 

Examples

 

GWM7G1.jpg

 

DFCMTW.jpg

 

2BNBBFK.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I usually start checking my portfolio when we get a new challenge but everything is BLANK. Dark days, as they say.

 

Paulette

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats ReeRay. A difficult one that one, I don't have many hands pics but here's my contribution.

 

Deflating the tyres to go on corrugation

 

2B5TE7K.jpg

 

 

Bird Feeding

 

DR7K9W.jpg

 

Camp oven cooking in the Outback

 

MKK25A.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Well I usually start checking my portfolio when we get a new challenge but everything is BLANK. Dark days, as they say.

 

Paulette

 

Paulette, would you happen to have a bookmark to either your dashboard or sales screen? I managed to get to the Image Manager from the Sales screen. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

 

Paulette, would you happen to have a bookmark to either your dashboard or sales screen? I managed to get to the Image Manager from the Sales screen. Good luck!

I’m doing it on the iPad, and there’s an icon at the top left that clicking on it takes me to the pages I’ve visited. I bypass the Alamy logo and go directly to my dashboard, then another place is the chat.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations. You won hands-down, so to speak.

Original topic for August. Here are my three offerings:

 

Hand working on a crossword puzzle:

 

Closeup of a woman's hand, pen, and newspaper crossword puzzle Stock Photo

 

 

Hands rolling a cigar, Veracruz, Mexico

 

Close-up of worker's hands rolling a cigar in a Mexican cigar factory, Veracruz, Mexico Stock Photo
 
 
Hands weaving a Panama hat, Ecuador
 
Closeup of woman's hands weaving a Panama hats or sombrero de paja toquilla in Ecuador, South America Stock Photo
 
Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) A nurse pricks a woman's finger to extract blood for a cholesterol test

 

a-nurse-pricks-a-womans-finger-to-extrac

 

2) Greek man's hands peeling a fig to eat

 

detailed-view-of-greek-mans-hands-peelin

 

3) Opening a beer bottle

 

opening-a-bottle-of-german-jever-beer-us

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gosh ReeRay I didn't mean THAT hard.

 

Customer being served at hot dog stand.

customer-being-served-at-hot-dog-stand-st-marys-lincoln-2022-2HJP1X8.jpg
 
 

Irish harp players hands Cambridge.

irish-harp-players-hands-cambridge-cambridgeshire-england-uk-2014-E8G3G4.jpg
 
 

Clock hands at five and a half minutes to one.

five-and-a-half-minutes-to-one-BDTG52.jpg
 
 
Well you did not say other types of hand could not be included.😃
 
Allan
 
Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Man carefully replacing letters on the walkway to the Liverpool Library.

 

man-making-meticulous-repairs-of-the-sid

 

Two German women touring Seville with map and guidebook in hand. Is being a tourist work? It is!

 

two-senior-women-tourists-in-seville-spa

 

 

Young sculptor in Bali.

 

a-stone-carver-stone-carving-in-batabula

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Gosh ReeRay I didn't mean THAT hard.

 

Customer being served at hot dog stand.

customer-being-served-at-hot-dog-stand-st-marys-lincoln-2022-2HJP1X8.jpg
 
 

Irish harp players hands Cambridge.

irish-harp-players-hands-cambridge-cambridgeshire-england-uk-2014-E8G3G4.jpg
 
 

Clock hands at five and a half minutes to one.

five-and-a-half-minutes-to-one-BDTG52.jpg
 
 
Well you did not say other types of hand could not be included.😃
 
Allan
 

Well, I did say Human or Wildlife !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, ReeRay, I can help you.  Great subject for a challenge!  Here are my three.  

 

1) Hands strumming a guitar in the Bahamas

 

bahamas-nassau-musician-guitarist-close-

 

2) The hands of prayer in Thailand

 

asia-thailand-chiang-mai-buddhist-monks-

 

3) hands crafting an embroidered hat in the Bahamas

 

bahamas-nassau-woman-weaving-a-hat-in-th

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

Paulette, would you happen to have a bookmark to either your dashboard or sales screen? I managed to get to the Image Manager from the Sales screen. Good luck!

 

Thank you. Alamy is back this morning.. complete with everything I don't like these days.

 

Paulette

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’m doing it on the iPad, and there’s an icon at the top left that clicking on it takes me to the pages I’ve visited. I bypass the Alamy logo and go directly to my dashboard, then another place is the chat.

 

Thanks Betty. Alamy was truly a blank page for a while last night. Ok this morning.. or at least back to what it has been. Not very OK but at least there. When I looked at my measures since Sunday I had 3 views. Crazy.

 

Paulette

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dry steam coal being fed into a traction engine's firebox:

 

coal-being-shovelled-into-the-firebox-of-a-steam-traction-engine-welsh-dry-steam-coal-on-shovel-in-hand-of-driver-of-a-burrell-road-traction-engine-2J5TCME.jpg

 

Police hands holding the line:

 

supporters-of-tommy-robinson-such-as-the-edl-protested-in-london-demonstrating-for-his-release-at-times-this-turned-to-violence-against-police-P0MPXJ.jpg

 

Glitter gel nails being applied:

 

application-of-soft-gel-nail-treatment-by-a-nail-technician-nail-salon-pink-gel-with-glitter-self-employed-working-from-home-authentic-situation-2GDHD5X.jpg

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ReeRay said:

Well, I did say Human or Wildlife !

 

Would you like me to remove the clock face image as it does not meet with your rules?

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Would you like me to remove the clock face image as it does not meet with your rules?

 

Allan

 

 

No. I love the clock hands. Clever. 

 

Paulette

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, NYCat said:

 

Thank you. Alamy is back this morning.. complete with everything I don't like these days.

 

Paulette

 

OK. I will leave it in for you. If ReeRay does not want it in the comp he has the right to disregard it anyway.

 

Allan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.