August Challenge - Hands at work

ReeRay

Hand picking black olives from a clear glass jug

large-black-olives-in-a-clear-glass-jug-on-a-white-plate-pre-lunch-aperitive-with-a-hand-taking-an-olive-2GEAW0H.jpg

Bagpipers marching along the main street during the annual September fiestas Reinosa Cantabria Spain

late-summer-festival-parade-with-traditional-costumes-and-playing-music-reinosa-cantabria-spain-september-2009-2BRD3NE.jpg

Kiteboarding/surfing holding on by one hand Somo beach Cantabria Spain

jumping-kitesurfer-or-kite-boarder-kitesurfing-from-the-beach-of-somo-on-a-sunny-windy-afternoon-santander-cantabria-spain-summer-2C81HWD.jpg

Three from me

the-hands-of-a-waitress-throwing-a-salad

A waitresses hands fluffing up a salad

nurses-printing-the-souvenir-handprint-o

A nurses hands taking handprints of my newborn son

a-young-boy-2-12-years-old-playing-with-

The hands of the same son, at about three, playing with a water fountain.

Edited by Colin Woods
  • Love 2

Here's my 3, was difficult choosing from so many.

Tattooist at work.

milton-keynes-uk-the-uk-tattoo-fest-took

Elderly Palestinian man clapping as the Big Ride for Palestine cyclists arrive in Luton with a mural of Captain Tom giving a thumbs up in the background.

luton-uk-31st-july-2021-local-supporters

London ani-facist march, woman holding red double ended flare.

london-uk-13th-october-2018-demonstratio

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, David Fowler said:

Rt. Hon. Margaret Thatcher, former British Prime Minister, gestures with her hand during a conference speech in London on July 1, 1991rt-hon-margaret-thatcher-former-british-

I had a brief search for a B&W negative of Margaret Thatcher wagging her finger in the face of a blank faced woman OAP in the early 1970's when she was the Secretary of State for Education and Science under Ted Heath, but for now gave up. I could only find the print. Was one of my favourites of her.

Edited by sb photos

On 13/08/2022 at 08:39, sb photos said:

I had a brief search for a B&W negative of Margaret Thatcher wagging her finger in the face of a blank faced woman OAP in the early 1970's when she was the Secretary of State for Education and Science under Ted Heath, but for now gave up. I could only find the print. Was one of my favourites of her.

Sounds like a cracking image! Could be one to upload via the archival route (if you have that option set up). You can always scan the print if you don't have the negative to hand. Most of my archive shots are negative scans but many are from prints. I'm always amazed at the constant interest in Margaret Thatcher (from all over the World) some 32 years after she ceased to be Prime Minister.

y

31 minutes ago, David Fowler said:

Sounds like a cracking image! Could be one to upload via the archival route (if you have that option set up). You can always scan the print if you don't have the negative to hand. Most of my archive shots are negative scans but many are from prints. I'm always amazed at the constant interest in Margaret Thatcher (from all over the World) some 32 years after she ceased to be Prime Minister.

The print I have is only a 5x7 on a light weight fibre based paper. I still remember the very moment I photographed her entering Aylesbury Friars Square shopping centre, long before it was enclosed. The negative will be in a neg file folder, one of many earmarked for digitising. I have had the Nikon ES-2 digitising adapter and 60mm macro lens for some, and I have archival access, but just not enough time. I did scan some negs on my Minolta Scan Elite 5400, but they resultant scans seemed to have more noise in them than the darkroom prints I had. I'm hoping the ES-2 and shooting with better software than used previously will give acceptable results.

Better late than never, here come my three:

Musician DJ Timmy Trumpet performs in front of a live audience, on Mindil Beach in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia on the 2021.08.29 :

musician-dj-timmy-trumpet-performs-in-fr

Northern Territory police officer's hands on Segway personal transporter in the Smith Street Mall in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia

northern-territory-police-officers-on-se

Elderly lady's hands stringing green beans:

stringing-beans-PJPT6K.jpg

3 hours ago, Lori Rider said:

Glassblower in Providence, Rhode Island

M9DMJN.jpg

Shucking lobster (lobstah) in Maine

R8H02M.jpg

My daughter's hands, drawing. Now her medium is mostly digital but she still loves drawing more than anything.

M9974H.jpg

Mmm, the lobster makes me hungry for it. The lobster I had in Maine was so much tastier than those flown to the middle of the US. They get stressed and tougher on the way. The one I had in Maine was right off the boat, tender and sweet.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Mmm, the lobster makes me hungry for it. The lobster I had in Maine was so much tastier than those flown to the middle of the US. They get stressed and tougher on the way. The one I had in Maine was right off the boat, tender and sweet.

It was so good. I was at a small photography retreat that had a personal chef cook some of the meals, and I never felt so pampered. I didn't want to go back home to my real life LOL.

Another time I was in Maine a friend and I went to a seafood shack where they held up the crabs and lobsters for your perusal before they cooked your selection. I told them I didn't want to meet my lunch before I ate it.

On 17/08/2022 at 08:25, John Morrison said:

Pic licensed today. The engine-driver's name is Hans. 😎

steam-loco-tornado-crossing-ribblehead-viaduct-yorkshire-dales-national-HPA7D3.jpg

I suppose the fireman's name is Knees and the guards name is Bumpsidaisy.😃

Allan

Sorry John I could not resist.

On 09/08/2022 at 11:24, Michael Ventura said:

Yes, ReeRay, I can help you.  Great subject for a challenge!  Here are my three.  

1) Hands strumming a guitar in the Bahamas

bahamas-nassau-musician-guitarist-close-

2) The hands of prayer in Thailand

asia-thailand-chiang-mai-buddhist-monks-

3) hands crafting an embroidered hat in the Bahamas

bahamas-nassau-woman-weaving-a-hat-in-th

Hi Michael - could you give me your contact details in order that I may advise you of the final 8 and your help in launching the poll - Thanks Ray - reeray66(at)gmail.com for me

Edited by ReeRay