10 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Not saying.

Allan

Who gave me a red arrow for this comment. Don't you know when I am having a bit of fun. The answer to Betty's question will be answered when July is out/finished/done/kaput.

Betty knows I was having a bit of fun. We are old comrades.

Allan

• Like 3

4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

not enough to compensate for this:

Screenshot-from-2022-07-16-08-16-39

as a side note, my sales did hold up and with few decent licence fee i'm on the "Alamy proclaimed average".   But having my biggest sale of the year refund after it had cleared really stung this month.  

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Who gave me a red arrow for this comment. Don't you know when I am having a bit of fun. The answer to Betty's question will be answered when July is out/finished/done/kaput.

Allan

some of the red arrows are a mystery....  i actually got one for making fun of Alamy Green, i guess someone actually like it 🤔

5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Yes we are!

• Love 2

I used to be a naturally optimistic person but since the re-rank I really don't know what to do. I have gone from dozens of sales to just 3 last month ( grim) at an average of $58 ( good).

Views are over 50% down and lets not mention zooms. I have had poor periods in the past but have always bounced back. Not so sure now

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

Disgusting - $18 net on 7 sales.

Full monthly stock report for all agencies here.  

What’s even more disgusting is that all your other agencies are selling photos, on average, below 1$ a piece.  This is the root of the problem.  Alamy is being forced to follow suit. Hard to compete with near free.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

And the buyers can choose where to get the same photos for nearly free. Yes, it’s a life of choices.

The problem is Alamy don't value the photos they've got which have unique content, which are not available elsewhere, and for uses which command higher fees elsewhere...

And with their recent commission cut have driven people to make images non exclusive... Bad choices by Alamy!

Phil

Edited by Phil Crean
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Replace with choosing! They don't have to.

Phil

Agreed, when Alamy chose to invite/encourage  microstockers to put the exact same photos on Alamy as on the micros some years back, prices took a nosedive. Why pay more for the same images? If they had instead kept themselves as a place to find something different, perhaps this would have made it easier to justify consistently higher prices? The marketplace is certainly a very difficult one to compete in, so there would be downward pressure on prices no matter what, but IMHO it seems that Alamy isn't really sure what their USP (unique selling point) is - hence the changes to the website and what seems, at least to me, to be changing from their core editorial, unique image USP to direct competition with the micro scattershot approach. It's a tough market and all stock sites seem to be flailing so Alamy isn't alone, but here, the lower prices are not offset by volume, which is what made the microstock model so successful in the short run, until the low price model became unsustainable. When I see people here with tens of thousands of images netting around $500 or so a month, it's just depressing.  And yes, the micros killed the industry and are no longer earning people what they used to, but you can't compete by dropping prices if you don't have the sales volume to make up for low prices.  

Getting 3 sales a month for $$$ is preferable to 20 sales for $ - that was what attracted most of us to Alamy.  

July isn't over here in the US yet, but I'm not expecting anything on a Sunday afternoon. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

At last, a better month for me - 9 sales for $151 gross, £60 net.

Views and zooms both doing much better (double what they were) following the recent rerank.

4,200 views, 34 zooms (up to 29th Jul) 

2022 so far vs same period in 2021 

2021 to Jul 31 = 74 sales, $1,832 gross, $782 net

2022 to Jul 31 = 54 sales, $754 gross, $286 net

A massive drop :( (although I did delete about 15% of my images when the new contract came in due to contractual concerns over 2D artwork and access restrictions)

Mark

• Love 1