Images sold in October 2021

A woman looks at hundreds of supportive notes, pictures, flags and anti racist messages on the giant  Manchester United player  Marcus Rashford mural in Withington, Manchester, England, United Kingdom, that was vandalised  with abusive graffiti after England's Euro2020 football loss on July 11th, 2021. The mural was created by French-born street artist Akse P19 on the wall of the Coffee House Cafe on Copson Street. Marcus Rashford is a Manchester United football player. Akse fully repaired the damaged mural by 13th July, 2021. Only $ but this set has sold several licences.

2G7P76X.jpg

A path beside the River Mersey in Chorlton, Manchester, England, uk, is busy with walkers enjoying the sunshine on Bank Holiday Saturday afternoon, on what may be the last weekend of complete lockdown due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The uk Government has advised people only to exercise once a day, alone or with members of their household. $ again, travel website.

2BMHRAN.jpg

2 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Ah, this was a favourite haunt during my nomadic years. Still to sell a pic of the pub, though!

I used to live not so far away from this place. A quick drive and back home was easy. Not so easy were blue skies....

20 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I used to live not so far away from this place. A quick drive and back home was easy. Not so easy were blue skies....

I wouldn't mind this as my local. Just need to watch where you're going when staggering out of the door!

The Royal Oak pub, Langstone, Havant, Hampshire, England UK Stock Photo

8 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

I wouldn't mind this as my local. Just need to watch where you're going when staggering out of the door!

The Royal Oak pub, Langstone, Havant, Hampshire, England UK Stock Photo

Very similar. We even have people sitting on benches.

3 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Just read this article: food for thought... from one nomad to another...

Yes I had seen this. We've got about 1,000W of solar on the roof but still need diesel. The remotest, the more expensive. Then  in desert locations, you get water in diesel through condensation due to the difference in temperatures between day and night. The bowser also smokes if it's nearly empty. Quite a weird feeling. 

With lots of reports on the forum of images licensed for MS prices I thought I had avoided them to date, not so. Notified today of these 3 licensed yesterday for £1.06 gross each. All with the same terms as below. I wonder what Alamy contributors who don’t read the forum think when after accumulating payments for a year or two receive a pittance once the total reaches $50. Some might sadly pass away before that happens. I find it hard to imagine how my Editorial images could be used in DOOH, Digital Out Of Home advertising.

Usage: Editorial

Media: Editorial website

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Image Size: Any size

Start: 14 October 2021

End: 14 October 2026

Single use in online platforms, social channels and Editorial use in owned DOOH when used in an editorial context and in owned media.

london-uk-june-29th-2019-richard-ratcliffe-had-just-ended-his-15-day-hunger-strike-outside-the-iranian-embassy-this-was-after-receiving-a-phone-call-from-evin-prison-informing-him-that-his-wife-nazanin-zachary-ratcliffe-had-ended-her-hunger-strike-nazanin-was-accused-of-espionage-which-she-denied-she-has-been-imprisoned-since-april-2016-in-the-iranian-city-of-tehran-richards-camp-on-the-pavement-outside-the-embassy-had-been-dismantled-and-he-was-ready-to-leave-pictured-richard-ratcliffe-credit-stephen-bellalamy-W1485F.jpg

Richard Ratcliffe outside the London Iranian Embassy.

london-uk-8th-december-2019-together-against-antisemitism-demonstration-and-rally-in-parliament-square-jews-and-non-jews-came-together-to-stand-against-antisemitism-and-were-addressed-by-5-speakers-organisers-were-the-campaign-against-antisemitism-who-estimated-3200-people-were-present-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2AEDPNT.jpg

Together Against Antisemitism demonstration and rally in London's Parliament Square. 

since-september-2020-ex-mod-napier-barracks-folkestone-have-been-used-by-the-home-office-to-provide-temporary-accommodation-for-single-adult-male-refugees-who-are-seeking-uk-asylum-the-camp-is-operated-by-clearspring-ready-homes-previously-around-25-of-the-camps-refugees-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-caused-by-a-serious-lack-of-facility-for-social-distancing-the-barracks-have-also-been-declared-unsuitable-for-human-accommodation-by-independent-inspectors-high-fencing-around-the-napier-barracks-is-topped-by-barbed-wire-pictured-gate-entrance-to-the-napier-barracks-2FWNXX0.jpg

Ex MOD Napier Barracks, Folkestone, used by the Home Office to provide temporary accommodation for single adult male refugees who are seeking UK asylum. Has sold twice before.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, sb photos said:

I find it hard to imagine how my Editorial images could be used in DOOH, Digital Out Of Home advertising.

Single use in online platforms, social channels and Editorial use in owned DOOH when used in an editorial context and in owned media.

I would like to see some actual examples of this "Editorial use in owned DOOH"

This link might enlighten some, as it did me;

Out-of-home advertising - Wikipedia

Today has been an extremely sad case of deja vu. I attended the world aerobatic championships in 2009 and uploaded a few images to Facebook (pre-Alamy or any other agency) with the winning French pilot tagged, including a photograph with his wife and two young children. Roughly a year later upon turning on my mobile after work a huge number of notifications pinged through in French which included sad face and heart imojis and words that clearly translated in schoolboy French to very sad news. A search of the news channels found that the whole family had been lost in a light aircraft crash. I'm currently on holiday in Spain and a check of my Alamy sales page this afternoon returned a quantity of sales of images of my local MP, Sir David Amess. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Today has been an extremely sad case of deja vu. I attended the world aerobatic championships in 2009 and uploaded a few images to Facebook (pre-Alamy or any other agency) with the winning French pilot tagged, including a photograph with his wife and two young children. Roughly a year later upon turning on my mobile after work a huge number of notifications pinged through in French which included sad face and heart imojis and words that clearly translated in schoolboy French to very sad news. A search of the news channels found that the whole family had been lost in a light aircraft crash. I'm currently on holiday in Spain and a check of my Alamy sales page this afternoon returned a quantity of sales of images of my local MP, Sir David Amess. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

So terrible. Being in public service these days seems dangerous everywhere.

Paulette

Just over mid $ and a distributor sale. Third licence of this image via Alamy, the second this month.
Usage: Editorial
Industry sector: General business services
Start: 01 September 2021
End: 01 September 2026
Finland, Editorial website

historic-grafton-jail-grafton-nsw-australia-also-known-as-grafton-correctional-centre-and-grafton-intake-and-transient-centre-2DAH6EF.jpg

• Love 2

Church of Saint Lawrence, Longridge, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

church-of-saint-lawrence-longridge-lancashire-england-united-kingdom-B4TG8K.jpg

This image sold twice today as follows:-

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 15 October 2021
End: 15 October 2026

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use

52 MB
3467 x 5201 pixels
1 MB compressed
Editorial – Retail Books 10 years Up to 10,000 World English Language 1 page Inside
Bird Brain
I would like to thank my Mothers foster brother in Chicago for pointing out this image to me, when we visited his family, back in 2005! (Both of these people are sadly no longer with us).
I was right at the start of my photography journey, back then!

Bird Brain Stock Photo
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, Avpics said:

a quantity of sales of images of my local MP, Sir David Amess

Not the best kind of sales you want (ok, they're the worst kind), but hey, that's what we do, even when it's not why we do it. You can always give the proceeds to one of his causes or something.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

Just noticed this, sale was made Friday, now twice this month. Now licensed 4 times, and this time at only just under the standard license rate, much better.

Usage: Editorial, Editorial: Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.

2FWNXX0.jpg

For some reason full size image wouldn't drag over as usual

Ex MOD Napier Barracks, Folkestone, have been used by the Home Office to provide temporary accommodation for single adult male refugees who are seeking UK asylum.

Edited by sb photos