Images sold in October 2021

Jani-Markus, don't take it personally. I suspect that some social media users are confused with Alamy arrows. In your case, I would assume that the red arrow is about the message in your image, not about you. 

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gvallee said:

I'm puzzled why you got a red arrow for this.... Lightning Ridge is a very strange quirky place. Opal mining. My other shots. It's pretty rough and ready out there. Don't anybody dare set a foot on a claim or you'll get shot. There are numerous warning signs of all kinds. Which reminds me of a sign elsewhere "Private, p**s off" which prompted my other half to wonder 'Russian soldier??' 🤣😂

This particular 'castle' is only a facade, there's no rooms inside. 

Sorry Gen, I will remove the un-woke joke. Got not only a red arrow, but also an official warning just now.

And it's true: it could very well be perceived as not funny; as an incitement to shoot at women photographers even. Maybe not in Australia or the Netherlands just yet.

Ah I see I don't have to remove it myself. It has been done for me by the moderator.

I will exercise self-criticism for the rest of the day.

<> self-criticism is as necessary to us as air or water. I think that without it, without self-criticism, we could not make any headway, could not disclose our ulcers, could not eliminate our shortcomings. And shortcomings we have in plenty. That must be admitted frankly and honestly <>

(the beloved author did not write we but the Party.)

This is not a joke. Nor a drill. Btdt.

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Sorry Gen, I will remove the un-woke joke. Got not only a red arrow, but also an official warning just now.

And it's true: it could very well be perceived as not funny; as an incitement to shoot at women photographers even. Maybe not in Australia or the Netherlands just yet.

Ah I see I don't have to remove it myself. It has been done for me by the moderator.

I will exercise self-criticism for the rest of the day.

<> self-criticism is as necessary to us as air or water. I think that without it, without self-criticism, we could not make any headway, could not disclose our ulcers, could not eliminate our shortcomings. And shortcomings we have in plenty. That must be admitted frankly and honestly <>

(the beloved author did not write we but the Party.)

This is not a joke. Nor a drill. Btdt.

wim

Wim, all I can say is that I am beyond shocked. Humour is high on the no-no list these days. Very sad times.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Got my first red arrow. Don't know why but I guess I'm a bonafide forumer now!

congratulations welcome to the club....  never understand when they are for the content of an image that was licensed and not for a statement poster made,

• Love 1

On a brighter note, my the female lav agent finally sold again:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/M5839W/female-lav-agent-girl-station-attendant-emptying-a-lavatory-system-M5839W.jpg

Worldwide editorial including social media platforms - very low $.

Thanks to the excellent keywording by some of you here! Remember?

This was the other time it has been licensed - for a much nicer fee.

wim

• Love 2

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

On a brighter note, my the female lav agent finally sold again:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/M5839W/female-lav-agent-girl-station-attendant-emptying-a-lavatory-system-M5839W.jpg

Worldwide editorial including social media platforms - very low $.

Thanks to the excellent keywording by some of you here! Remember?

This was the other time it has been licensed - for a much nicer fee.

wim

Well done.

Always brings sorrows when you follow link to old post, and early helper is RedSnapper 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

For once, a good description of where exactly the banner usage is. So easy in fact, that I could screengrab 'for my files'.

"Editorial, Licenced images to be used in an editorial context in an monthly newsletter in PDF format, published on the Pool Re website www.poolre.co.uk and in an annual report."

two-days-after-the-killing-of-the-conser

• Love 2

Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Defibrillator. Pennine Way, Horton-in-Ribblesdale, Craven, North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

yorkshire-ambulance-service-nhs-defibrillator-pennine-way-horton-in-HYR914.jpg

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use in print, online and associated publications - inclusive of social media.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 20 October 2021
Duration: Unlimited

Haven't put any in here for a while, but these 2 dropped in today and I'm pleased to see them licensed from my archival stuff...

Both are BTS at concert stage building, 1st at the old Wembley stadium in London; 2nd at the Waldbhuene auditorium in Berlin; both show installation of crowd control barriers in front of the stages in the early 90's. Scanned from 35mm B&W negs. Sold for lowish $$, I think to the same client for web, app, social media usages.

KWN85C.jpg

KX16FE.jpg

Phil

• Love 3

2 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Haven't put any in here for a while, but these 2 dropped in today and I'm pleased to see them licensed from my archival stuff...

Both are BTS at concert stage building, 1st at the old Wembley stadium in London; 2nd at the Waldbhuene auditorium in Berlin; both show installation of crowd control barriers in front of the stages in the early 90's. Scanned from 35mm B&W negs. Sold for lowish $$, I think to the same client for web, app, social media usages.

KWN85C.jpg

KX16FE.jpg

Phil

Just checked sale again and they've appeared as 2 new sales at double the amount!!! 

Will they all stick? 🤞

• Love 1

Autographed photograph of George Lewis, New Orleans jazz clarinetist.

autographed-photograph-of-george-lewis-new-orleans-jazz-clarinetist-DHXTR6.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Museum display (single use)
Print run: Single use only
Image Size: Any size
Start: 21 October 2021
End: 21 October 2031
Educational on New Orleans Cultures, Minimum of 10 years or for the life of the exhibition/in perpetuity.

I got George Lewis's autograph after a concert in Birmingham Town Hall in about 1960.    $$$

• Love 1

Several sales so far today.

Low $$$

Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  

Print run: Unlimited transmissions ;  Placement: Use within body of show ;  

UK

mausoleum-of-galla-placidia-ceiling-mosa

Mid $$

Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;

Print run: up to 150,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 22-October-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
   Additional Details: Print run -160,000 ,

UK

old-olive-tree-in-plaa-de-cort-palma-de-

• Love 3
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

Just checked sale again and they've appeared as 2 new sales at double the amount!!! 

Will they all stick? 🤞

And so the two cheaper ones have refunded, at least I'm ahead on the original sale...

Phil

• Love 2