anyone else seeing a surge ?

In the last few days I have had a big increase in views and zooms and sales following 3 lousy months during lock down. My numbers have suddenly returned to pre lock down levels. A lot of my images are travel related and I just wondered if opening up for travel and summer holidays has magazines, newspapers, guide books etc starting to get moving again. Anyone else seeing this. I know a surge can just be a blip but 10 sales in 4 days is a good sign I think.

• Like 1

Oddly/sadly the opposite for me. After a buoyant few months the last week or so have been relatively flat. It has to happen of course, depending on customer trends and requirements.

Yes, quite a reasonable surge with 19 sales for $262 this week.  Mostly magazines and newspapers but also a couple for website use at a reasonable fee.  I've had a fair few of these this month (12 so far) many of which I've tracked down to online plant nurseries.  I suspect that a lot of small businesses are investing heavily in going online to keep themselves afloat during these difficult times and, because gardening is seasonal, they may well not have suitable pictures to promote their wares.

Zooms are healthy as well with 85 for the rolling month so things are looking good despite the current problems.

• Love 1

Most of my photos are travel related too and I’ve had my best month ever!

Huge thanks to Alamy as one was $$$$ for a book cover. 
Always look on the bright side because sometimes the best sellers are not always fantastic arty images!

Well done to you David!

• Love 4
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm having a bit of a surge this month for some reason. My fifth $$$ sale of the month dropped in today.

Reasonable number of "small"  sales dropped in this week as usual, but only one $$$ sale the whole month - You are doing well John!

Kumar

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

Reasonable number of "small"  sales dropped in this week as usual, but only one $$$ sale the whole month - You are doing well John!

Kumar

Thanks. It is shaping up to be a surprisingly good month. However, I can't help fearing that "pride cometh before a fall."

If I remove March which was a bit of a blip, my last seven months gross looks like this. $129, $111, $59, $68, $59, $31, $40. If this progresses I'll need some minus columns. It's hard keeping motivated to be honest. CTR isn't too bad currently at 0.63. The lockdown hasn't helped but results have been going south for quite a while now. I think a further decrease in commission would just about finish off my efforts here at Alamy. It just wouldn't make any sense to continue. The once expected end of month surge has become a few little newspaper sales and that's more or less it. Sorry to be downbeat but that's the truth of it. 😔 One little chink of light has been regaining News upload status. Maybe that will produce results through time. We'll see.

• Love 1

On 25/06/2020 at 12:33, David eastley said:

In the last few days I have had a big increase in views and zooms and sales following 3 lousy months during lock down. My numbers have suddenly returned to pre lock down levels. A lot of my images are travel related and I just wondered if opening up for travel and summer holidays has magazines, newspapers, guide books etc starting to get moving again. Anyone else seeing this. I know a surge can just be a blip but 10 sales in 4 days is a good sign I think.

I wish! 😭

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm seeing something of a surge in low-priced sales this month, which is better than no surge at all. I guess it could be a sign of the economic times.

Any more of those $$$ you ad last month John?

Kumar

3 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Nope. One high $$, all the rest low $$ and a $ that was invoiced today. The planets must have aligned for me last month. 😇

None for me as yet either this month