Images sold in June 2020

13 hours ago, Sharon said:

RF Single company - multiple use editorial only $$... not bad for a quick snap while walking the neighbourhood. :)

Nice going. Some of my better sales -- including a number of $$$ ones -- have been of photos snapped on strolls around my neighbourhood. It's a matter of keeping your eyes open...

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Nice going. Some of my better sales -- including a number of $$$ ones -- have been of photos snapped on strolls around my neighbourhood. It's a matter of keeping your eyes open...

Thanks John... I sometimes feel my neighbourhood is boring, but as you say,  it`s a matter of keeping your eyes open.

16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

On most of my walks, and most are local, I find interesting subjects to photograph. Most are edited, but I must pull my finger out and get them captioned, tagged and uploaded while they are topical. Note to myself, job for later on today.

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1

sinclair-zx-spectrum-fitted-with-zx-inte

First sale in a while - one from my successful Spectrum shoot!

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial onlyEditorial print or digital use. Full pageRepeat use permitted
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 05 June 2020
End: 05 June 2070

$$ probably mid for me.

I must get on and shoot more stuff.

Edited by Kebabselector
speeeling
  • Like 1

Licensed mid $$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 May 2020
End: 01 May 2025
Japan, Book

five-young-muslim-women-taking-a-selfie-photograph-with-a-mobile-phone-HTWJ2K.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Mount Yamnuska (Mount John Laurie) in Alberta Foothills of Canadian Rockies,  pic taken few yrs ago

distant-yamnuska-mountain-mount-john-lau

Second sale this month,  but distro and only $3.75 net after commission.  Still way better than 10 cents

• Love 4

20 minutes ago, Autumn Sky said:

Mount Yamnuska (Mount John Laurie) in Alberta Foothills of Canadian Rockies,  pic taken few yrs ago

distant-yamnuska-mountain-mount-john-lau

Second sale this month,  but distro and only $3.75 net after commission.  Still way better than 10 cents

Beautiful!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Pretty Japanese Primrose, primula japonica, "Millers Crimson" in the garden. Stock Photo

First sale of the month, some pretty primulas.  This image was submitted in my last upload, at the beginning of the month.  That's the quickest sale ever for me!  It was zoomed and sold on Friday.    Worldwide web and app & social media use, low $$.

• Love 4

A bit less than mid $$. Distributor sale.

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Italy, Book, print and/or e-book

sea-snail-neocancilla-maculosa-alive-underwater-crawling-along-the-reef-foot-syphon-and-eye-showing-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-W28H08.jpg

• Love 2

Licensed today: the altar of St Mary’s Church in the tiny Cumbrian village of Wreay. The church is a real gem, designed in the 1840s by a young woman, Sarah Losh, who took inspiration from churches she saw in Lombardy, Italy. St Mary's replaces an earlier parish church in Wreay. Losh funded the new church on condition that she was allowed to choose the design. So the church is very much her own creation. More info here.

interior-of-st-marys-church-wreay-cumbria-england-uk-E80W9A.jpg

Mid $$

C57AMT.jpg

Usage: Magazine or book

Start: 16-June-2020

Duration: In perpetuity

Additional Details: Editorial use in a single magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide.

• Love 2

18 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Pretty Japanese Primrose, primula japonica, "Millers Crimson" in the garden. Stock Photo

First sale of the month, some pretty primulas.  This image was submitted in my last upload, at the beginning of the month.  That's the quickest sale ever for me!  It was zoomed and sold on Friday.    Worldwide web and app & social media use, low $$.

Gorgeous colours!!.. good to see florals selling!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GKNBXP/amsterdam-municipal-theater-dutch-stadsschouwburg-interior-with-people-GKNBXP.jpg

Amsterdam Municipal Theater (Dutch: Stadsschouwburg). Waiting for Philip Glass.

Germany travel brochure. Low medium $$ or higher low $$ 🤔. Distributor.

RX100 Mk2 ultra wide angle: a quick couple of images stitched together.

wim

• Love 7

One of two low value distributor sales that dropped in today. This one lowish $$. There is a sad story behind this image. This poor bird was visiting our feeding station each day and we could see very early on that it had beak & feather disease, so we needed to catch it and have it humanely put to sleep. It was still flying, but was obviously quite unwell and getting weaker each day. The disease is very contagious and we feared for other local parrots. Hubby put some timber from the feeder into a tree, so the bird could roost at night as we were worried about neighbourhood cats. Each day, morning and late afternoon, I would take out food, and call the bird. It soon came for food when I called, and I fed it on the feeder for nearly 2 weeks, trying to work out how to catch it. Meanwhile, it got sicker and lost more feathers. Once it was reasonably tame, I moved the food onto the ground and once it fluttered down, it was not able to fly, so we caught it and took it to the vet. 

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000

little-corella-cacatua-sanguinea-with-an-advanced-case-of-psittacine-beak-and-feather-disease-pbfd-or-avian-circovirus-showing-the-feather-loss-MEMC58.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 2

a-union-labor-rallyprotest-outside-charter-spectrum-in-new-york-city-december-5-2018-R6NX6Y.jpg

Media: Editorial presentation, single design
Industry sector: Non Profit - other

low $$

Union workers rally outside a Spectrum/Charter office in Manhattan in support of striking IBEW local 3 union members in 2018. The event was attended by the governor and other elected officials. I was standing on something to try and photograph the scene, but had a hard time due to nypd s***heads.

The image was also used by the ny times--to highlight divisions between trade unions and service industry unions--they never acknowledged the sale (high $$); waiting on alamy to correct.

Edited by sooth
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, sooth said:

a-union-labor-rallyprotest-outside-charter-spectrum-in-new-york-city-december-5-2018-R6NX6Y.jpg

Media: Editorial presentation, single design
Industry sector: Non Profit - other

low $$

Union workers rally outside a Spectrum/Charter office in Manhattan in support of striking IBEW local 3 union members in 2018. The event was attended by the governor and other elected officials. I was standing on something to try and photograph the scene, but had a hard time due to nypd s***heads.

The image was also used by the ny times--to highlight divisions between trade unions and service industry unions--they never acknowledged the sale (high $$); waiting on alamy to correct.

To gain height in a crowd I use a Velbon Ultra Stick Super 8 Monopod with remote shutter release, collapses to 10.2" and extends to 61.5". It easily elevates a D750 with 24-70 2.8.  I've also used this setup to look down on to a confrontation/scuffle at a fracking protest when I couldn't get close enough, very useful. Small folding steps are useful if shooting with a long lens, but are unstable in a crowd, and you don't want to carry with you just in case. Congratulation on the image use.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

thanks!  I once had a monopod, but lost it.   I used to do (non professional) video where i had a camcorder mounted on a monopod for years and it is amazing for use in protests (when you have to reach in over the heads of police with batons and stuff), and festivals.  Lost the monopod at a HONK! brass band festival in

Somerville boston one year on a bus trying to get home... :(  never tried using the monopod with a dslr because I didn't have a proper way of framing anything and no remote shutter release.