Images sold in June 2020

47 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

After a long sales drought, a nice $$$ dropped today.  An IQ multi editorial use.  This is a film scan image...so it does pay off to scan some of the old slide/tranny film photos.

A tree falls on a home after a powerful Summer storm Maryland USA Stock Photo

Bet it won't pay for the damage tho'!

The lengths some people will go to to get a stock photo - what a setup! 🤣

Seriously: good on you. Good to see all these $$$ sales coming through.

Edited by losdemas
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, VbFolly said:

Really chuffed after my best sale yet dropped in today for $300. Just an everyday garden image of dwarf nasturtiums growing among squash plants for protection from aphids. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 100,000 ;  Placement: Front cover ;  Start: 19-June-2020 ; End: 19-June-2030

Excellent!!  congrats!... there`s hope after all. :)

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

After a long sales drought, a nice $$$ dropped today.  An IQ multi editorial use.  This is a film scan image...so it does pay off to scan some of the old slide/tranny film photos.

A tree falls on a home after a powerful Summer storm Maryland USA Stock Photo

I love to see $$$`s coming through... hope to see one myself one day! :)

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Bet it won't pay for the damage tho'!

The lengths some people will go to to get a stock photo - what a setup! 🤣

Seriously: good on you. Good to see all these $$$ sales coming through.

Fortunately is wasn't my house.  After a storm blew thru, I drove around looking for damage to photograph. 

4 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Really chuffed after my best sale yet dropped in today for $300. Just an everyday garden image of dwarf nasturtiums growing among squash plants for protection from aphids. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 100,000 ;  Placement: Front cover ;  Start: 19-June-2020 ; End: 19-June-2030

dwarf-nasturtiums-tropaeolum-minus-grown-among-squash-plants-to-protect-against-aphids-in-a-vegetable-garden-uk-summer-W603T4.jpg

Congratulations. 👍

I think we might be in the same book.  This one dropped in for $75 this morning with very similar terms except mone is an inside placement.  US sale.  Salad orach, Atriplex hortensis var. rubra.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 100,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 19-June-2020 ; End: 19-June-2030

backlit-red-foliage-of-the-edible-annual-salad-orach-atriplex-hortensis-EWAD9A.jpg

10 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Farnborough? If so, these are the pictures from there I sell most of. Of all the running around I do elsewhere, I ought to just stand by the bloody missiles. 

Yes, Farnborough Richard. Sadly, in a way, 737 Max images run them close for sales.

1 hour ago, John Richmond said:

Congratulations. 👍

I think we might be in the same book.  This one dropped in for $75 this morning with very similar terms except mone is an inside placement.  US sale.  Salad orach, Atriplex hortensis var. rubra.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 100,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 19-June-2020 ; End: 19-June-2030

backlit-red-foliage-of-the-edible-annual-salad-orach-atriplex-hortensis-EWAD9A.jpg

Well done, John. Yes, it sounds like the same book. Although it's a worldwide licence, it's a US region sale. I'll be looking out for the book when it's published.

4th licence of this image via Alamy, and 5th overall. Now exclusive. Direct sale for lower than mid $$. Not liking the "in perpetuity" for such a low fee.
Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only Editorial print + digital use. Missing Missing Repeat use permitted
Industry sector: Education
Start: 19 June 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

an-eastern-blue-tongue-lizard-tiliqua-scincoides-scincoides-eating-AGJ119.jpg

• Love 2

A rare (for me) UK newspaper sale showed up today. Anyone know which paper it might be?

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 750,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 24 May 2020
End: 25 May 2020

$21.45

Frida Kahlo Museum, Mexico City (exclusive to Alamy)

outdoor-cafe-at-the-museo-frida-kahlo-al

Edited by John Mitchell

21 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

Is a mosaic found in Villa Nile, or Villa of the Nile Mosaic, near Leptis Magna and now, I hope so, still in  Tripoli National Museum. It is Roman and reading from Internet was typical to have Nile fishing motive in Vilas in the north of the actual Libya. 

I'd love to go to Leptis Manga. Off-limits or just pain unsafe for the foreseeable future.

I have been out of comms for a while so I'm catching up on sales.

Website or social media, Use in a single website, blog, or a social media campaign - $$

W8WNDM.jpg

Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). - $$

EEGBC7.jpg

Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). - $$

2B448A8.jpg

Marketing package - Small business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising).- Mid $$

WNB67N.jpg

• Love 2

The Viewpoint in Camley Street Natural Park near King's Cross in London, England, UK. - Image ID: J8844A. Sold for $$

The Viewpoint in Camley Street Natural Park near King's Cross in London, England, UK. Stock Photo

Lets Adore and Endure Each Other graffiti by Steven Powers in Great Eastern Street, London.  - Image ID: JGJ3XG. Sold for $$

Lets Adore and Endure Each Other graffiti by Steven Powers in Great Eastern Street, London. Stock Photo

The Exhibitionism retrospective show by The Rolling Stones at the Saatchi Gallery, King's Road, Chelsea, UK . - Image ID: GHPF8F $$

The Exhibitionism retrospective show by The Rolling Stones at the Saatchi Gallery, King's Road, Chelsea, UK Stock Photo

Remaining facade of The London Fruit and Wool Exchange building, Brushfield street, (opposite Spitalfields Market), London, UK.  - Image ID: FDNRMN. $$
Remaining facade of The London Fruit and Wool Exchange building, Brushfield street, (opposite Spitalfields Market), Stock Photo

• Love 1

On 20/06/2020 at 19:24, Betty LaRue said:

I hoped you watched these hens carefully, Richard. The nearest one on the left is giving you the stink eye.

Oh! Were they about to gang-peck me?? I thought hens were the friendliest to humans of world beasts.

2 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Oh! Were they about to gang-peck me?? I thought hens were the friendliest to humans of world beasts.

Well....one jumped up and pecked the scab off my knee when I was a child. 
Ohhhh, the blood....

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Well....one jumped up and pecked the scab off my knee when I was a child. 
Ohhhh, the blood....

It probably looked like a delicious bug. Chickens are not known for their smarts.

Paulette

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, NYCat said:

It probably looked like a delicious bug. Chickens are not known for their smarts.

Paulette

:D I forgave it. But my sister didn’t. She chased her for awhile, but the hen found refuge under the farm truck.

• Love 1

Two good sales popped up today. This one a Mexico image from when I was shooting slides. The nice thing about archaeological subjects is that they usually have a long shelf life.

(multiple educational editorial use, just shy of $$$, direct, exclusive to Alamy)

winged-warrior-sculptures-at-the-mayan-r

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2