Can you see this image?

I am pursuing a DMCA takedown on Twitter.  The original Tweet has been removed by the user, but the image remains.  I still see it, yet Twitter say they don't!  I have cleared my cache in Firefox and tried a different browser, yet I still see the image.

Please confirm that I'm not going mad. Well, OK, I don't need that: just tell me if this link results in a viewable image or a dead link for you.  Many thanks!

Image location: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuN-yJ0WkAAK4X1.jpg:large

BTW, if I take out the :large and just try to view the image file location (viz: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuN-yJ0WkAAK4X1.jpg), then the image is indeed gone (or 'contains errors').  Hmm, can someone explain, please?! is the :large or whatever else needed to determine image display size or whatever other display factors?

I get an error message. 

I was able to drag the screen into my reply and as you can see the the URL showed the :large after the jpg but I got image not found

I'm using Chrome on a MAC. No clue why that would make any difference. I was on twitter earlier today, but I was using LR and PS and did just restart my MAC. 

This pbs.twimg.com page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuN-yJ0WkAAK4X1.jpg:large

HTTP ERROR 404

Mmmm, thanks everyone.  Am I right in thinking that all UK/Eire users see the image, yet it's not visible over the Atlantic? Any other users in the American continent not seeing this? Or elsewhere worldwide?

I was thinking that being in the US might be the difference. Hopefully it'll be down for you soon! 

It would be nice to collect something and not just do all that work simply to get an image taken down. 

Curiouser and Curiouser! I'll have to get back to Twitter. Unfortunately, their systems, which seem determined to make life difficult for the copyright owner, mean that - as they have determined that the image has gone - I have to fill out a completely new DMCA form. 

6 hours ago, Marianne said:

I was thinking that being in the US might be the difference. Hopefully it'll be down for you soon! 

It would be nice to collect something and not just do all that work simply to get an image taken down. 

I am getting tougher on this type of nonsense - the infringer has been invoiced and despite initial, shall we say, reluctance, has agreed to settle. 

43 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Curiouser and Curiouser! I'll have to get back to Twitter. Unfortunately, their systems, which seem determined to make life difficult for the copyright owner, mean that - as they have determined that the image has gone - I have to fill out a completely new DMCA form. 

I am getting tougher on this type of nonsense - the infringer has been invoiced and despite initial, shall we say, reluctance, has agreed to settle. 

Glad to hear! 

10 hours ago, losdemas said:

Mmmm, thanks everyone.  Am I right in thinking that all UK/Eire users see the image, yet it's not visible over the Atlantic? Any other users in the American continent not seeing this? Or elsewhere worldwide?

Notwithstanding who can see this image or where is it not true that here in the UK and Ireland we can always see things that others cant see . Sure we just have to look at the current BREXIT issue for proof of that. I'm off before I get jumped on😂

Archived