32 minutes ago, Brian Vickers said:

I've just been paid by Alamy for the first time (on 3rd Sept) ….I have set the payment option to be via paypal but nothing has arrived....I would have thought such a transfer would be immediate.

Is this normal?

No, it's not immediate.  I usually get it on the 9th working day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I note that PayPal are increasing the fee for receiving foreign currency payments soon but I'm not sure whether I should react?

The Alamy sales are in US dollars but do Alamy convert my Dollar sales to Sterling before they send it to PayPal or do PayPal receive the funds in Dollars and then charge me a fee for receiving them?  Anyone know?  I'm UK based.

Edited by Roy Conchie

19 minutes ago, Roy Conchie said:

I note that PayPal are increasing the fee for receiving foreign currency payments soon but I'm not sure whether I should react?

The Alamy sales are in US dollars but do Alamy convert my Dollar sales to Sterling before they send it to PayPal or do PayPal receive the funds in Dollars and then charge me a fee for receiving them?  Anyone know?  I'm UK based.

i'm in Canada, and my Paypal account receives in US$ from Alamy.  What i do with this amount is up to me from a conversion stand point

1 hour ago, Roy Conchie said:

If you are in the UK (actually anywhere) you could have the money paid directly to a bank account. I realise you might not want to do that but at least you won't pay any charges (in the UK). I receive GBP even though Alamy prices are in dollars.

John.

I believe that Alamy mentioned some time ago that Paypal was sent a bulk payment with a list of recipients and PP sorts the payments out from their offices and that is why PP is not instant.

Alamy will correct me if I am wrong.

Allan

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

If you are in the UK (actually anywhere) you could have the money paid directly to a bank account. I realise you might not want to do that but at least you won't pay any charges (in the UK). I receive GBP even though Alamy prices are in dollars.

John.

My payment is in LSD GBP too. No charges made by PP as far as I know. At least no charges appear in the PP account.

Allan