1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

My payment is in LSD GBP too. No charges made by PP as far as I know. At least no charges appear in the PP account.

Allan

Who needs charges when you have a bogus exchange rate?

Above, I probably phrased my query in a bad or confusing way. Here's what I meant:-

UK PayPal don't show any charges but they currently charge 3% for receiving foreign currency(Non Sterling)payments. This is increasing to 4% next month.

I was questioning whether PayPal receives Sterling or Dollars from Alamy?  Does Alamy buy Sterling at a commercial market rate and then send it to PayPal?

HSBC in the UK is planning to charge around £12 for receiving foreign currency of greater value than £100, free for values below £100.

2 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Cleared into my account this morning as normal (Its always been 3 working days from payment date for me). In Ireland in Euro. Shame the exchange rate is rubbish at the mo.🙂

Same for me, and that exchange rate is appalling!  However, every penny counts.  Onwards!

22 hours ago, Roy Conchie said:

Above, I probably phrased my query in a bad or confusing way. Here's what I meant:-

UK PayPal don't show any charges but they currently charge 3% for receiving foreign currency(Non Sterling)payments. This is increasing to 4% next month.

I was questioning whether PayPal receives Sterling or Dollars from Alamy?  Does Alamy buy Sterling at a commercial market rate and then send it to PayPal?

HSBC in the UK is planning to charge around £12 for receiving foreign currency of greater value than £100, free for values below £100.

Alamy payments to UK contributors are in sterling. I've compared the rate with the interbank and the forex commission is about 3%.

Edited by spacecadet