Will Alamy be closed for the rest of the year after today?

Last year I had 8 sales in the week between Christmas and New Year.

I expect some departments will be off - QC, the blog, and Twitter crew- but I think news and sales keep going.

I also need a few more sales to reach a nice landmark, so I hope so at least.

9 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

Last year I had 8 sales in the week between Christmas and New Year.

I expect some departments will be off - QC, the blog, and Twitter crew- but I think news and sales keep going.

I also need a few more sales to reach a nice landmark, so I hope so at least.

6 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I have had sales between Christmas and New Year so today is not necessarily the end.  Not all countries celebrate and close down for Christmas.

Pearl

That is good to hear, thanks!! 

1 hour ago, funkyworm said:

Last year I had a couple sales on the 28th.

Lets not forget that many of Alamy's staff are in offices in countries where Christmas just one the many religious days of their many religions.

Like Brooklyn.

Paulette

2 hours ago, JeffGreenberg said:

When did license volume become a priority over $$ in pocket??

(asked the volume shooter)

The two are NOT concurrent AFAIK...

I hear ya - like I said it's a silly thing - just watching the number get soooooooooo close to doubling. . . and wanting to see it happen.

It's odd that Alamy hasn't made any sort of announcement to contributors. In past years Alamy  posted about a slower QC over the holidays so maybe there's a skeleton staff working anti-social hours.

I once had a sale drop in on New Year's Eve so apparently clients still want to license photos over the holidays.

I had sales reported between Christmas and New Year in both 2015 and 2016.  I would think that most big buyers would be working with direct links to Alamy's accounting database and direct sales through the website would still go through even if Abingdon is shut down.  QC and Contributor relations are another matter - they'll be having a well deserved break.  They deserve it.

Archived