Welcome to the Alamy Contributor Forum. Log-in using your existing Alamy account details. If you're not registered yet then you need to create an Alamy Contributor account to be able to post here. Once registered, you'll be able to choose a forum display name and there will be a link to your images on Alamy within your profile. Please have a read of the rules and announcements before posting. Your first post will be moderated before appearing. Welcome to our photographer community!

Photo
- - - - -

Slow month?

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#21 Stokie

Stokie

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationStoke-on-Trent, England, UK

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:07 AM

8 sales (with 1 popping in this morning from yesterday) and 1 for $105 on the 1st - so not too bad. Views and zooms average.

John.

www.johnkeatesimages.co.uk or if you want plans drawn for a house extension www.john-keates-design.co.uk

#22 Perry

Perry

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

Only 2 sales.  Zooms low, but views are way up what brings down my CTR considerably.

Perry

#23 John Richmond

John Richmond

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, UK

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:58 AM

Already better than January.  5 sales to date, 17 zooms and only half way through the month, as opposed to 4 sales and 16 zooms for the whole of January.  Can't complain.

#24 funkyworm

funkyworm

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

Slow month?

Nope.

#25 tarsierspectral

tarsierspectral

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

It seems like there is a pattern, those who did well in January are not doing well in February and vice versa, is there anyone who had a very good January and is also doing very good or better in February?

#26 Stokie

Stokie

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationStoke-on-Trent, England, UK

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

It seems like there is a pattern, those who did well in January are not doing well in February and vice versa, is there anyone who had a very good January and is also doing very good or better in February?

12 sales in January (best ever sales for Jan in 10 years) and 8 in February, but only half way through, so looking like I might beat Jan's figures.

John.

www.johnkeatesimages.co.uk or if you want plans drawn for a house extension www.john-keates-design.co.uk

#27 Foreign Export

Foreign Export

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

zooms and sales way down

#28 stipe

stipe

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

Best month ever since I'm on Alamy with already 27 sales reported in my account! Also January was a good one

#29 Betty LaRue

Betty LaRue

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 2,667 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, United States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

If I make no more sales this month, it will match January's 4.

Two weeks to go, so I'm holding onto hope. I'm not a barn burner. Typically I get 4-6 a month.

#30 John Mitchell

John Mitchell

Part of the forum furniture

• Verified
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,291 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

You bet it's slow.  Both views and zooms are way down.  My CTR for the month is 0.19.  I've never seen anything that low.

One sale where I would normally have about 7 by now.

Wow, you really have taken a hit. Very odd.

John Mitchell

#31 Doc

Doc

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

Average so far I think, and January was average too, in terms of sales; views and zooms are down compared with the end of last year

Kumar

Edited by Doc, 15 February 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#32 Arletta

Arletta

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

Slow month? No,... it's not slow... It's pure ZERO!  :angry:  :wacko:

Views are 2x better than normal though... I wish I could pay my bills with views only.

My website ariene.pl     ~     FAA prints by Arletta Cwalina     ~     Welcome to Ruciane-Nida

#33 losdemas

losdemas

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

1 'personal use' sale of a parking meter for $12 gross. Perhaps they thought they were buying the meter?

#34 Peter Stone

Peter Stone

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

Half way through the month and 2 sales - I average around 5 per month - so about what I'd expect. CTR is holding up but views and zooms are down 50% on last year so I anticipate a fall in sales over the next few months.

#35 Joseph Clemson

Joseph Clemson

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

What are these things called 'sales' and 'zooms' of which you speak? In my world we know nothing of these things. We know only of the things called 'views' and they are small in number, like as naught to what was known in times long ago.  :(

#36 GS-Images

GS-Images

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

What are these things called 'sales' and 'zooms' of which you speak? In my world we know nothing of these things. We know only of the things called 'views' and they are small in number, like as naught to what was known in times long ago.  :(

I know how you feel. I did have my first February sale today though - It was less than the lowest UK newspaper scheme sale, and a distributor. I was thinking I'd buy a coffee with it, and you can share it with me if you like. Oh did I forget to mention that it won't be enough to rent the cup to go with the coffee? I'll bring my own.

Geoff.

#37 Bryan

Bryan

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 3,239 posts
  • LocationNE England

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

This is a sad tale Joseph!

Thought I saw your name in the images found thread not too long ago. (Hope I'm right) 

Maybe a case of  6000 the new 3000?

#38 Joseph Clemson

Joseph Clemson

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:24 PM

This is a sad tale Joseph!

Thought I saw your name in the images found thread not too long ago. (Hope I'm right) 

Maybe a case of  6000 the new 3000?

Alas, I have made no appearances in the 'images found' topics since you pointed out one of mine in the Daily Mail in October 2015. I occasionally report images I see belonging to others, this being a more likely reason for to my name to appear in that hallowed topic.

#39 Avpics

Avpics

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationWestcliff, UK

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

They always seem to hold mine 'til the end of the month, though I have had one so far notified for Feb. To keep me chipper I have found a couple of web-uses that should turn up at some point. Cleared funds are also dragging. Zooms have been pretty good and include a couple of 100 percenters on Alamy, so keeping my fingers crossed there. My CTR is gradually improving and slowly heading towards the Alamy par.

#40 Lizzy

Lizzy

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:39 AM

Yep, slow here too - Just one sale for $5 so far... Still, have had a run of average to good months so I suppose I was due a rubbish one  :lol:  I'm not giving up hope yet though, another two weeks to go! PMA etc etc...

Zooms are next to nil this month though, views slightly down but not significantly. I'm not sure whether to be concerned or not as my zooms rarely seem to turn into sales anyway, and most of my sales seemingly come from nowhere. But even so, I don't like to see the CTR slowly go down  :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users