How was your November 2014?

The impact of the rerank is obvious in this daily chart. This is based on views indexed to 1 September 2014 - other figures are too erratic to be meaningful. It will not be long before the trend line (dotted) goes negative. I have to ask myself whether Alamy is worth the effort - I have earned more from a copyright infringement than I will earn in 5 years like 2014 :( That is despite a lot of effort (too much) going into my Alamy portfolio over the last six months. My business plan will be putting Alamy in its proper place and it will change the photography I do.

Alamy%20Rerank.jpg

25 for 1555 which is the best for a long time.

Not counting Novel Use it's the highest number of images ever.

One was an image that had been spotted in June. At 6.16 this was the lowest this month. It was a distributor sale.

wim

2 x sales for $257.04 gross

(including biggest individual sale for me so far of $180)

:)

Also nice seeing some regular monthly payments (kiss of death !)

Third best month this year for sales at 38 (best was January at 52), but 5th best for income.  Total sales for year still below 2012 and 2013 and below 2011, 2012, & 2013 for revenue.

Pearl

4 sales for $421 including two books.  Again, most earnings for images from the early/mid 1990s ($289).  Again, Alamy is proving to be very good for very old imagery.  Again poor for fresh imagery.  Looking at ratio of sales to numbers around here that seems to be the case generally.  Impressed that people struggle on with these figures.  Or are the same images being subbed to ten other agencies?

Archived