I'd like to seperate the idea of meetups from the rest of the travel discussion thread down the board.

For a start, who's going to be at the big photo show in NYC in a couple of weeks?

I'm happy to join any and all of you on the first day; photographers, Alamy crew, lurkers, you name it.

I met up with 'Semmick' (who some may remember) whilst I was in Dublin last year. An absolute fantastic guy, shared a few pints in Temple Bar area

and look forward to repeating the event in the future.

I travel around quite a lot and would always meet up for a pint with anyone.

Andy

I've met up with Wim when I went to Amsterdam this June. I've also shared a pint or so with John up in the Lakes or whether else he may be right now.

When I'm out and about I always have a natter with other folks if possible. You never know who you're going to meet...whatever the weather!

I met up and went on a trip with Louise. A friend first from another forum and also a member of Alamy.

We had a lovely time shooting egrets, herons and other birds on the gulf coast of Texas and Louisiana. I stayed at her home in Houston and we did a few day trips, then rented a cabin in Louisiana.

Wonderful time.

Betty

May I suggest folks in the U.S. join their local ASPP chapter? It's not terribly expensive and we do meetups.

http://aspp.com

I like the idea of meeting up with others - and suggested a "travel" category specifically for this on the forum.

TABan - I would join the ASPP but I am already a member of the NPPA and the ASMP (and formerly with Editorial Photographers prior to the merger with ASMP).

I will be there, Brian. Not sure why I am going this year. I'm not signed up for any seminars and not really planning new purchases in 2015 but it does seem "not right" to miss the thing. So I am interested in meeting. Maybe not too early or late. It's such a madhouse. Do you have any ideas for a spot to meet?

Paulette

I will be there, Brian. Not sure why I am going this year. I'm not signed up for any seminars and not really planning new purchases in 2015 but it does seem "not right" to miss the thing. So I am interested in meeting. Maybe not too early or late. It's such a madhouse. Do you have any ideas for a spot to meet?

Paulette

Sorry I won't be there, it's a long swim for me too. I would be interested in meeting other togs in the UK if they are ever in my area or if I am in theirs.

Just wanted to say that your image on this forum reminds me of Shirley Temple. ;)

Allan

Paulette

Sorry I won't be there, it's a long swim for me too. I would be interested in meeting other togs in the UK if they are ever in my area or if I am in theirs.

Just wanted to say that your image on this forum reminds me of Shirley Temple. ;)

Allan

How about a meetup in Cambridge, Allan? Anyone else in that area?

Paulette

Allan

Me too   :)

Paulette

Allan

Me too   :)

Sounds like a meet could be on the cards with Keith, MDM (can't keep calling you that though), Doc and myself.

Anyone else interested?

Allan

Archived