I will be there, Brian. Not sure why I am going this year. I'm not signed up for any seminars and not really planning new purchases in 2015 but it does seem "not right" to miss the thing. So I am interested in meeting. Maybe not too early or late. It's such a madhouse. Do you have any ideas for a spot to meet?

Paulette

Sorry I won't be there, it's a long swim for me too. I would be interested in meeting other togs in the UK if they are ever in my area or if I am in theirs.

Just wanted to say that your image on this forum reminds me of Shirley Temple. ;)

Allan

How about a meetup in Cambridge, Allan? Anyone else in that area?

Me too   :)

Sounds like a meet could be on the cards with Keith, MDM (can't keep calling you that though), Doc and myself.

Anyone else interested?

Allan

Have just sent you a PM with dates when I'm available over the next while. Mick or Mike will do fine. :)

I quite often go through Stansted airport on the way back to France. Cambridge is somewhere on my list of places to do. If it comes into play I'll give you all a shout if you want.

Do let's know if you are in the area Jools. I like your work and am like-minded when it comes to the need for good light.

Keith and Doc I have had a PM from Mick (MDM) with dates he would be available to meet.  If you would like to PM me with your availability over Nov/Dec I will try to co-ordinate a meet. Should be interesting.

I would also like to meet with Jools sometime too.

Allan

Allan; I have sent you a PM. I am fairly flexible as I work in Cambridge. Key questions are i) Time of day - lunchtime? evening?  ii) Type of venue - pub? coffee shop? outdoor photo opportunity(!)? 

Keith I am looking at the possibilities you mention right now. I am very flexible but looking at others dates etc will take some time. Will PM you all with a selection of dates/times when I have worked out mutually convenient dates and times with ideas for the meet based on info received. At the moment it looks like daytime rather than evening.

Allan

Mike and Allan. Yep, would be good! The only thing I don't know is when. 

Trying to keep what I do extremely fluid and flexible (you'll find out maybe around the end of November why ;) )

I'm in the UK next week but it's likely my schedule will go Lakes > Highlands > Pitlochry area > Peak District > Brecon > Dartmoor over the course of 9 days.

Hoping to be in the UK in December, January and February but haven't decided yet if it is possible or if something else takes my fancy :)

However, meeting up would be good and I always love a chin wag. My only issue would be managing it between trying a flight!

PS Mike, thanks for the comments.

Trying to keep what I do extremely fluid and flexible (you'll find out maybe around the end of November why ;) )

I'm in the UK next week but it's likely my schedule will go Lakes > Highlands > Pitlochry area > Peak District > Brecon > Dartmoor over the course of 9 days.

Hoping to be in the UK in December, January and February but haven't decided yet if it is possible or if something else takes my fancy :)

However, meeting up would be good and I always love a chin wag. My only issue would be managing it between trying a flight!

Nice work there Jools. Inspiring in fact. I will PM you my email address for ease of contact if you happen to be passing nearby.

All arranged.  Invites have gone out.

Allan

Might be fun if there's others in the San Francisco Bay Area (SF, Oakland, San Jose - Silicon Valley etc) that might be interested in a meetup.....

Also if anybody's visiting and needs advice, to borrow a tripod, etc I might be able to help you. I'm in Alameda, an "island" between San Francisco and Oakland- shoot me an email

Archived