Re-rank tomorrow

The following might be of interest.

At the end of last week, I asked Alamy about the long delay since the last re-rank. I received an email today saying that this had now been done and results will be visible after tonight's update.

Let's hope it was worth the wait!

Ian D 

Big drop for me to page 5 - first time outside the first two pages in years. It reflects the last 3 or 4 months of poor sales.

Ditto but i've dropped from middle of page 2 to top of page 9! Last 6 months of 2013 were horrendous - a total of 12 sales.

This year i've already sold 13 in 6 weeks! Hope the lower ranking doesn't affect me too much.

John.

Lots of changes on top 5 pages is my unscientific impression but my pseudos both pretty much in place - must be boringly consistent. (The lower one seemed to be in the same company in the middle...)

A thought though - the number of BHZ pages hasn't changed for ages but there must be many new photogs on Alamy ?

I had previously stated my intention to stop playing the game after this re-rank, but as my position has leapt from a fairly constant page 16/17 since I started and now moved up to page 8, I may just keep playing!  But not for any suppostiion as to how this reflects one's actual ranking, nor how it affects real life (sales).

No. it'll just pass the time while I wait for all those sales to drop in, ^_^  (my one sale in Jan has been equalled by one zoom in Feb :( )

Middle of page 2 to middle of page 1

I had a massive cull last year that seems to have paid off.

I'm consistently getting around a dozen sales each month, so I'm very pleased with the numbers, not the amounts paid.

Tony

Of course if you do it now you won't know until after the next re-rank in about 3 months.

I think you will know your position in the latest rank tomorrow ? Changing a keyword doesn't affect your rank that much - although there is the thought that all of us with BHZ in one of our images are getting some extra "no zooms" views which is bad?

John

Thanks Spacecadet, understood - I think. Will not your rank also be affected by the quality/relevance/"newness" etc etc assigned by Alamy to whichever image I choose to add BHZ to? So I need to select my most creative and/or relevant image, yes?

How are you guys measuring your rank?

Put bhz as the first word in the essential keyword box in any RM image. When a search is done on bhz this will then compare like with like and a rough approximation of your rank will be found (not scientifically proven!)

Thanks Spacecadet, understood - I think. Will not your rank also be affected by the quality/relevance/"newness" etc etc assigned by Alamy to whichever image I choose to add BHZ to? So I need to select my most creative and/or relevant image, yes?

See above, the bhz search is comparing all those images with bhz as a key word, so any old image (or new!) will do!

John.

Despite increasing zooms and sales. Down from 14 to 23????? :huh:

Allan

Despair not. I got my best sales in terms of $$$$ when I was on page 23. Keywording counts at least as much as "rank" in my opinion.

Paulette

Archived