So, how was your January?

No one has started a "How was your...?" thread. So I figured it must be my turn.

Surprisingly, 2014 kicked off really well for me with 18 RM sales for about $1380 gross. Lots of new zooms sitting in the wings as well.

Very encouraging way to begin a new year.

Thanks, Alamy

Hey John, I am encouraged by your numbers. My January was not so great, especially coming off a really good December....such a roller coaster. January left me with 7 sales (about half my average) for $640.. The silver lining is that the average sale price was $92 each.

As already posted in a previous thread, the numbers of my Alamy failure are colossal: 3150 files, 1 zoom and 0 sales in the last month. No sales for over 2 months. Mind you, one year ago I use to have 2-3-4 sales a month with half of the size of the portfolio...

I am about to write to Alamy and ask if they have anys suggestions or tips to get me back into the game...

Overall, I could not picture a worse situation, when I started here.

Ciao,V.

Good to see your results JMitch - there's always hope when someone does well.

As for me a plethora of Newspaper sales, 16 in total, some dating back to June. Suspect a one off purge or splurge.

Poor money though, totalling less than $300 gross.

Sold a shot from my blog for £50, unexpected bonus.

In Alamy 31 'Sales' - three largest refunded - $1327 (GROSS)

Infringement SRA's*  have topped £5,000 for a full year - this is NET after the license compliance company and weasels have taken their cut. My advice remains, chase infringements but do not hope to get paid by (most) bloggers or news recycling sites (who often have syndication arrangements agreed by Alamy with the first publisher) - and do not expect quick results - offenders often are tardy in their responses and weasels are as usual pretty longwinded.

*Settlement Release Agreements - documents legally laying out the damages and conditions - signed by all parties.

No sign yet of Alamy rethinking their Scheming Newspapers Arrangements in spite of more Online editions becoming 'Paid for by Subscription'. ..or syndication elements.... or Website  creators being allowed to sublicense images to any number of their clients.....

Very poor here. It all went pear shaped last September. Prior to this, no complaints. Since then, 4 months of low volumes and very low values magnified by the fact they're almost always distributor sales!

53 sales but 23 of them were pathetic newspaper scheme below $10 (not in NU) bringing my average down considerably. Happy with the numbers but not overall values.  Zooms at lowest for a very long time so approaching next few months with some trepidation. Must do better I guess.

Pearl

Hey John, I am encouraged by your numbers. My January was not so great, especially coming off a really good December....such a roller coaster. January left me with 7 sales (about half my average) for $640.. The silver lining is that the average sale price was $92 each.

My sales numbers were double what they normally are, so it was obviously a spike. Nice to see, though. Anything could happen on the roller coaster in February. If I remove one silly $11 sale (not in newspaper scheme), my average price was about $80.

My sales numbers were double what they normally are, so it was obviously a spike. Nice to see, though. Anything could happen on the roller coaster in February. If I remove one silly $11 sale (not in newspaper scheme or NU), my average price was about $80.

53 sales but 23 of them were pathetic newspaper scheme below $10 (not in NU) bringing my average down considerably. Happy with the numbers but not overall values.  Zooms at lowest for a very long time so approaching next few months with some trepidation. Must do better I guess.

Pearl

Snap. 5 Sales this month so I am now regularly getting sales 5-7 each month but the value this month was below average. Zooms have dropped as well. I'm used to getting about 50 a month but it's below half of this. Hoping things will improve next month.

As it stands, my Micro port makes 527% more with only 12% of the volume of images. The newspaper sales here earn less than a lot of the micro sales but without the volume. 1's & 2's instead of 100's. This could be just a blip but if not, then the % of time spent between RM & Micro could change dramatically. I would need to gross over $800 a month here just to match it, and my micro port has only been running 9 months.

Other RM libraries (edited) are improving so it's not bad, I'd just like to see better things here. But then who wouldn't  :)

Archived