Anyone else struggling or is it just me this month

Hi David

So far an average month for me. Things do fluctuate a lot so its possible things will turn around in the second half of the month!

Best

Kumar

1 hour ago, David eastley said:

I know numbers fluctuate a lot but half way through July and I have just 1 sale ( $11) and just 2 zooms. Is there a general issue or is it just my turn for a bad month ? It does seem rather terrible.

Very quiet. Holiday season I suspect.

Seems normal for me, 9 licenses so far. I am regularly uploading; I'm wondering if anyone struggling is not uploading much?? At a loss otherwise, especially for people with larger collections for whom I would expect to see less variability... 🤔

p.s. I should add, 8 of the 9 sales are taken at home, only 1 is an outside shot

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve F said:

I'm wondering if anyone struggling is not uploading much??

Ill health at the moment so not getting out with the camera to upload anything I will start sounding like Victor Meldrew soon 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Alexander Hogg said:

Ill health at the moment so not getting out with the camera to upload anything I will start sounding like Victor Meldrew soon 

sorry to hear that, get well soon and keep believing

• Thanks 1

I've only had the one sale for $37 this month so far.  A few zooms.  Now, I haven't uploaded anything in over a year, so have to get at it.  I do have a lot on the cards, but my real life tends to get in the way.  When something is no longer being a great financial contributor, as image sales are these days, they tend to get thrown on the back burner.

Jill

• Like 1

I don't get the possible connection of uploading frequency to sales.  Are you saying that if you upload infrequently, your photos get pushed back from the first page of views?  That doesn't really make sense to me.  If your images sell well, it would be to the best interest for Alamy to get them closer to the top of the heap for buyers to look at regardless of when you last uploaded.  But what do I know? I am wrong about a lot of things.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I don't get the possible connection of uploading frequency to sales.  Are you saying that if you upload infrequently, your photos get pushed back from the first page of views?  That doesn't really make sense to me.  If your images sell well, it would be to the best interest for Alamy to get them closer to the top of the heap for buyers to look at regardless of when you last uploaded.  But what do I know? I am wrong about a lot of things.

In the past it was suggested that upload frequency was one of the factors that Alamy used to calculate a contractor's rank, and there has been some anecdotal/circumstantial evidence to support that theory. I haven't uploaded in ages, and my views are a fraction of what they used to be. Of course, other factors could be in play, and the ranking algorithm can be changed at any time.

First half of the month was super slow with only two small sales. Things seem to picking up, though. That said, July is typically a not-so-hot month for me, and I'm uploading very few images these days (if that means anything).

A bit better than normal 19 zooms and 17 sales. Most of these have been associated with the british general election form live news events, average $$ to $$$. Hoping the second half will be better.

5 hours ago, Steve F said:

Seems normal for me, 9 licenses so far. I am regularly uploading; I'm wondering if anyone struggling is not uploading much?? At a loss otherwise, especially for people with larger collections for whom I would expect to see less variability... 🤔

p.s. I should add, 8 of the 9 sales are taken at home, only 1 is an outside shot

I haven't uploaded anything since my Polynesia trip two months ago. I had a cataract op on Tuesday, I need my new eyes to be fully operational again.

I had an intra ocular lens replacement a week apart in each eye. It was incredible to see the difference: one eye with a tobacco filter like, the new one bright (almost high key) white and beautiful crisp blues. It was disconcerting to see sub-titles/captions double on TV for a while. I dread to look at my portfolio and realise that I pushed the saturation slider to the right way too much!

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

That bit has always confused me too

43 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I haven't uploaded anything since my Polynesia trip two months ago. I had a cataract op on Tuesday, I need my new eyes to be fully operational again.

I had an intra ocular lens replacement a week apart in each eye. It was incredible to see the difference: one eye with a tobacco filter like, the new one bright (almost high key) white and beautiful crisp blues. It was disconcerting to see sub-titles/captions double on TV for a while. I dread to look at my portfolio and realise that I pushed the saturation slider to the right way too much!

I had that done (both eyes) two years ago. The new lenses do indeed make a big difference. I actually found the brightness of colours a bit disconcerting at first, having gotten used to seeing the world through a warming filter. Recently, vision in one of my eyes started to get blurry and sensitive to glare, so I went back to see the surgeon. He zapped some wayward cells that had developed behind the lens with a laser, and everything is fine now. This is something to keep in mind if you find your eyesight starts to deteriorate again. It's an easy fix.

• Like 1