Just now, meanderingemu said:

i remember Alamy answering a few year's ago.  Sadly since this is a 2 letter entry, can't make forum searches work

I think it's Limited Use which someone has referred to elsewhere. However, what level of limited use I don't know !

Just now, ReeRay said:

I think it's Limited Use which someone has referred to elsewhere. However, what level of limited use I don't know !

have a feeling with the "new search feature" Alamy yet again failed to do proper test and this is what it appears at.  Have one listed as LU that was licenced immediately for a typical web usage mid $ licence.  

46 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

Same here mostly - what is LU ?

It's part of NU. I have never been in NU, yet I have numerous searches with LU. New bug.

Click on the title LU below to read the thread.

Edited by gvallee
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Does this mean we are all exclusive in the bargain basement now?

Scary.

wim

edit: the only sale for one of my zoomed searches since June 21 is indeed a LU for 21 cts. As I said: scary.

Edited by wiskerke
  • Thanks 1

Here's a link to the thread where Alamy confirmed that [LU] is Limited Use, though they didn't seem too sure about it at first.

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/10104-lu/

In my case. since 20 June nearly all searches seem to have resulted in 100 views or fewer except for one at 1200 views. Could this mean that the slow search speed of the new site design is discouraging buyers from looking further?

2 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

In my case. since 20 June nearly all searches seem to have resulted in 100 views or fewer except for one at 1200 views. Could this mean that the slow search speed of the new site design is discouraging buyers from looking further?

Well spotted!

wim

edit: remember it's always a feature not a bug. Waving not drowning.

Edited by wiskerke
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Here's a link to the thread where Alamy confirmed that [LU] is Limited Use, though they didn't seem too sure about it at first.

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/10104-lu/

Someone in June looked at 4,400 zebra heads and 22,600 sharks LOL! 

The first page of June results for me is well over thousand views. Then it slowly trickles to 100 around page 5.

For July, it's mostly 100, you're right.

Edited by gvallee

41 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Someone in June looked at 4,400 zebra heads and 22,600 sharks LOL! 

The first page of June results for me is well over thousand views. Then it slowly trickles to 100 around page 5.

For July, it's mostly 100, you're right.

Less than 20% of my searchers have gone beyond 200, and of all my search terms returning hits, the percentage is the same. So either a) it's an incorrect report, or b) hardly anybody is looking beyond 2 pages now.

Sure hope it's (a) or we low rankers are stuffed.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Less than 20% of my searchers have gone beyond 200, and of all my search terms returning hits, the percentage is the same. So either a) it's an incorrect report, or b) hardly anybody is looking beyond 2 pages now.

Sure hope it's (a) or we low rankers are stuffed.

Just had a look at mine, from June 20th on and the rare one over 200 views don't have [LU] tagged at end of search, every other, 90%+, does. 

19 minutes ago, Alexander Hog said:

I have quite a few marked for novelty and distribution but if you have opted out in April this year should they not be sold under these terms at all or does it take time to completely

opt out 

i have 2 that appear as [LU] searches, that licenced and they both of a fairly regular, cheap, "Usage: Editorial, Editorial use on Websites, apps, social media and blogs Social Media" licence, no NU 

14 minutes ago, Alexander Hog said:

Just been looking again and about 75% has been put LU plus a bunch of others with different abbreviation which I've found out the meaning so if it's going o be cheap it's not worth doing this anymore 

but this is not linked to the search mess, these are same licences i was getting 10 weeks ago.  

So all of my searches are marked LU, & I've not been in novel use since 2019!

Come on @Alamy get it sorted!!!

This amongst some of the other stuff you've been doing is completely unprofessional and unacceptable!

Phil

Edited by Phil Crean
spelling
  • Like 4

My CTR is 0 - It doesn't feel fixed. Even in the pseudo where I had three sales that showed up in measures last week. 

Views seem to have jumped up a little but still quite low. 

I have a lot of searches that also show as LU - what does it mean? More mystery and confusion. 

Edit: Did more searching - it means "limited use" a scheme for certain customers (like culture trip) - well more than half my recent searches seem to include that term. 

Edited by Marianne

26 minutes ago, Marianne said:

My CTR is 0 - It doesn't feel fixed. Even in the pseudo where I had three sales that showed up in measures last week. 

I have a lot of searches that also show as LU - what does it mean? More mystery and confusion. 

Edit: Did more searching - it means "limited use" a scheme for certain customers (like culture trip) - well more than half my recent searches seem to include that term. 

You’re not alone. I’ve just gone into measures for the first time since it was fixed and my CTR is zero too.......and most of the images searched carry the LU term.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lynchpics said:

If the [LU] term does mean that it's part of the same novel use scheme that some buyers were offered in 2018, why are images from contributors who are not in the Novel Use scheme affected? 

It does seem rather sneaky to offer an opt out for Novel Use but then introduce Limited Use at the same level of fees with no opt out. 😖

• Love 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marianne said:

I had a look at my last 2 CT sales which were searched and zoomed and neither appeared as LU in search. 

9 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

I had a look at my last 2 CT sales which were searched and zoomed and neither appeared as LU in search. 

An earlier thread seemed to indicate it was for "limited use" and someone gave the example of Culture Trip.  So, they - and I - could be wrong. More confusion.