I have noticed [LU] cropping up in measures during the last few days e.g  uk plastic  [LU].  It is not listed down the side.  Does anyone know what it means?

Pearl

Hmmm,  nothing in my caption or tags would suggest that but it's a thought.  I can't see a dropdown for selecting that viewpoint either.  Thanks for the suggestion anyway.  I've just spotted vans uk [LU] as well.

Pearl

Last uploaded?

Location unknown?

No it's none of those either.

I've found a few other examples but still can't work out what this could mean as there seems to be no particular features common to the search returns.

Pearl

On 7/31/2018 at 19:45, Avpics said:

The search term prince phillip [LU] found the NU sale which barely reached north of a single greenback. 'Laughing uncontrollably' (to the bank)?

Knocks my theory of Licence Unused on the head - it did apply to my stuff :(

Reply from Contributor Services

"We’ve passed this to our IT team to look into, as like you, we’re not sure. We think that it may be a customer typing it in, and therefore we won’t know what they are after, but we’ll let you know when we hear back from our IT team"

Pearl

My first thought was "looking up" as many of the images found are looking up, but then many others aren't.

I then realised that if you type anything in square brackets it finds all keywords containing those letters, which is actually very useful.

ie. van [LU] would find luton van or any other keywords containing lu.

7 minutes ago, Mark Collinson said:

I then realised that if you type anything in square brackets it finds all keywords containing those letters, which is actually very useful.

ETGCW7.jpg

'colour', 'queen...philip' (various combinations) 'queen..liz'. Still seems a little random as a search option.

15 minutes ago, Mark Collinson said:

My first thought was "looking up" as many of the images found are looking up, but then many others aren't.

I tried your method - and found that the images I found also contained only the two letters lu in the keywords.

However, also tried a search with lu* - and it seemed to find what you describe - but starting with lu..

Interestingly it doesn't work today.  This mornings measures showed a search for Debenhams  [LU] which returned two images of mine.  However using that search term today returns nothing.  Likewise for some other searches that I had yesterday.

Pearl

13 hours ago, Pearl said:

Reply from Contributor Services

"We’ve passed this to our IT team to look into, as like you, we’re not sure. We think that it may be a customer typing it in, and therefore we won’t know what they are after, but we’ll let you know when we hear back from our IT team"

Pearl

yet when I search with it typed in, it brings nothing up.

16 minutes ago, vpics said:

I had someone searching for a picture of mine with LU and it sold a day later as a Novel Use. :angry:

Interesting.  I had some more [LU] searches today but nothing has sold yet.  You would think Alamy would know if [LU] meant Novel Use.

Pearl

Hi everyone 

Our search is not built to support the [LU] shortcut, which is why we're not completely sure what it means. Our guess is lower/uppercase but we have not seen enough examples to test our theory. We'll let you know if we resolve the mystery. 

Thanks

Alamy 

29 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi everyone 

Our search is not built to support the [LU] shortcut, which is why we're not completely sure what it means. Our guess is lower/uppercase but we have not seen enough examples to test our theory. We'll let you know if we resolve the mystery. 

Thanks

Alamy 

Both images (AYBFWR and FP0T79) that were sold as Novel Use images were searched as LU. 

Only novel use image sales I've had in a long time.

I just did a search for 

pine tree [LU]

I got one page of returns, and when I clicked on one of the pile of wood chips, there was a tag, lu. I’m wondering if this is someone’s way of identifying their images? It was an actual tag.

Betty

Archived