2 hours ago, MandyD said:

and I search the one that came up for me in a search last week with [LU] and nothing comes up at all.

I've found the same as you Mandy.  No images returned.  Perhaps Betty only had images returned because she did have a tag "LU"

Pearl

Hi

We recently added a new search filter for a very small number of customers so they can search for images available for limited use (part of novel use scheme). 

As only a few customers have this option you won't be able to recreate the scenario, and unfortunately we couldn't either.

Thanks

Alamy

1 minute ago, geogphotos said:

I thought that Novel Use had been discontinued some time back. 

It hasn't been discontinued, but is optional for the contributor. 

6 hours ago, Pearl said:

I've found the same as you Mandy.  No images returned.  Perhaps Betty only had images returned because she did have a tag "LU"

Pearl

I was not searching my own images. Just a general search. Apparently, what I discovered has nothing to do with the true answer, according to Alamy’s post above. 

:D Interesting that with all the suggestions posted nobody came up with Limited Use!  I would have never thought of it.

Betty

Just now, Betty LaRue said:

I was not searching my own images. Just a general search. Apparently, what I discovered has nothing to do with the true answer, according to Alamy’s post above. 

:D Interesting that with all the suggestions posted nobody came up with Limited Use!  I would have never thought of it.

Betty

I used the same search term in the whole catalogue, not just mine and wasn't able to bring up anything, but yet the searcher did.

55 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

No I will stay opted in.

+1

Except of course when the client turns out to be a certain billionaire.

- Has any of the images turned up online yet?

wim

43 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

..I have no objection to the idea of micro prices for micro licences. 

Of course, I don't always understand the way Alamy operate NU but what difference does it make if I opt out?

I'm opted in to everything too, as I don't see any point losing out on any sales of any size. This recent surge of NU licenses is a little worrying though, because the licenses read like normal licenses, sold for a fraction of the correct value. I don't understand what Alamy feel they have to gain in negotiating micro prices for magazines etc

6 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I assume that this is because Alamy are trying to stay in business and have to compete with microstock sites.

Even if they make a loss on the sale? It would be cheaper to let them have it for free. As soon as an Alamy employee puts any working time into the deal it will have cost them more than the value of their cut.

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Not sure what you mean Wim.

I was one of the few ( on forums) that was positive about Novel Use back in 2008, or whenever it was introduced, because I have no objection to the idea of micro prices for micro licences. 

Of course, I don't always understand the way Alamy operate NU but what difference does it make if I opt out?

I can tell you about a Seattle agency where I get no choice at all and the fees have become totally pathetic.

Like you I'm opted in in everything. (Yesterday I had a Bulk Deal Sale for over 60.-  not -.60)

However if the Murdochs or other Media Moguls of this world start using NU in their newspapers, I will opt out.

This is why I'm anxious to see where these images might appear.

wim

9 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Like you I'm opted in in everything. (Yesterday I had a Bulk Deal Sale for over 60.-  not -.60)

However if the Murdochs or other Media Moguls of this world start using NU in their newspapers, I will opt out.

This is why I'm anxious to see where these images might appear.

wim

+ 1

Pearl

So two of my zooms have come through as NU sales now. Ridiculously low prices for travel and tourism websites which is not the sort of thing I expected would be NU. Can't do anything until April but I shall consider pulling out if these sorts of clients are getting NU prices. I won't be missing anything worth having if today's sales are anything to go by.

Pearl

Archived