8 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I'm seeing lots of repeated entries of 100 views. It's as if viewing the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. pages generates a new record of 100 views. But sometimes it works (some, but not many, searches show over 100 views).

Mark

Yes, same here. Very strange behaviour

All but one of my 41 searches today are LU.

Agreed - can't be right. So Measures isn't completely fixed.

Wish I could get rid of more false hits but I did fix/eliminate some keywords. When I look at the pix I uploaded back in 2008, my keywording was atrocious - I threw in everything but the kitchen sink - these days I'm much sparer. I also need to eliminate EU since Scotland is no longer part of it but all those pix (from a pre-stock, pre-pro photography trip) have oodles of keywords and lots of repeats thanks to the transfer from the old system. I'd love to visit during the Fringe Festival again - what a great city and a fun time to be there!

20 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

Broken links -- the forum is hosted by forum hosting company but needs to get the links from Alamy's database.  May not be purely an Alamy error though it's showing up as an internal server error. "It means that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. This error is usually returned by the server when no other error code is suitable."  So, could be that the forum server doesn't know where to find the link, can't find the link now since something has been done to Alamy's database so the link doesn't point to the right location, or that location doesn't exist.   Information here:   https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/http-500-internal-server-error.   The link for the various blue numbers doesn't return anything for site checking to see if a site is down for you or for everyone. 

Since 500 is a rather generic error and the connection between the forum server(s) and Alamy's server(s) has to be working, it could be a problem on either end.  We connect directly to Alamy's servers for Measures and such, but not directly to Alamy for the forums. 

Thanks.

I wonder if Alamy is planning to fix this ...

I am also seeing mostly LU searches and just 100 ... there are few "normal" searches

Looking at my views since 1st July:

x2 had 5,695 and 1.070 views respectively.

x22 views were over 100.

After that, it's mostly 100 views.

Edited by gvallee

12 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

I have E-mailed Alamy and awaiting further reply

4 days since I mailed them about this and NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING, NOT A PEEP!!!

Disappointed, again.

Phil

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gvallee said:

Looking at my views since 1st July:

x2 had 5,695 and 1.070 views respectively.

x22 views were over 100.

After that, it's mostly 100 views.

Check some of the search terms with AoA and see if there really were only 100 views for that term on that day.

In my case sometimes there were, sometimes there were more and those just not got reported in my own views.

No chance of seeing the LU filter in AoA of course.

What I do see is that many searches are repeated. My guess is that's because so many images are unresponsive (not clickable) at first try. Some even after repeated refreshes.

Anyways our views get inflated by all this. By how much?

One theory is that each page gets it's own 100 views reported.

The other thing to look at is how many results there are. Repeat the same search for yourself from the different entry points on Alamy (like the front page or from a previous search) and see how many result you get.

In my case the client had searched over and over for something solar panels (not the exact search term) and got different numbers each time so started adding keywords and still getting different and sometimes very few images. It clearly was a client with some patience, trying all switches and handles on the panel.

I think clients have no idea how it all works. Just like us.

As I have said so many times before: You do Not Teach the Client. The Client Teaches You.

I know that's a very un-european mindset. Maybe the British are more European and less American than they like to admit. 😁

wim

edit: added on that day for clarification.

Edited by wiskerke
  • Like 5

On 07/07/2022 at 07:45, ReeRay said:

Checking my measures from yesterday I see against all my 4 pseudonyms that ALL views are for 100 only. Is this a glitch or are the buyers really only checking the first page? 

I see the same thing - 53 views all total 100 or 125 views, all are LU - and even weirder, when I try to replicate a bunch of very similar/nearly identical searches, none of my photos show up on the first page. 

Additionally, for some searches, my only photos that showed up are from batches where others have sold. The ones showing up are not my best. When I have some time, I think I'm going to go through and cull my portfolio - although I'm hesitant because you never know what an editor will chose, I've had images I almost didn't send to magazine editors (assignments) end up on magazine covers or on half page at the top of an article, where my first choices weren't even used. Hard to edit your own work, at least for me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marianne said:

I see the same thing - 53 views all total 100 or 125 views, all are LU - and even weirder, when I try to replicate a bunch of very similar/nearly identical searches, none of my photos show up on the first page. 

Additionally, for some searches, my only photos that showed up are from batches where others have sold. The ones showing up are not my best. When I have some time, I think I'm going to go through and cull my portfolio - although I'm hesitant because you never know what an editor will chose, I've had images I almost didn't send to magazine editors (assignments) end up on magazine covers or on half page at the top of an article, where my first choices weren't even used. Hard to edit your own work, at least for me. 

It is well and truly screwed again. A few days back I did see all searches suffixed with (LU), limited use. Now only around 20%. I never used to see (LU) in search terms.

10 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Check some of the search terms with AoA and see if there really were only 100 views for that term on that day.

In my case sometimes there were, sometimes there were more and those just not got reported in my own views.

No chance of seeing the LU filter in AoA of course.

What I do see is that many searches are repeated. My guess is that's because so many images are unresponsive (not clickable) at first try. Some even after repeated refreshes.

Anyways our views get inflated by all this. By how much?

One theory is that each page gets it's own 100 views reported.

The other thing to look at is how many results there are. Repeat the same search for yourself from the different entry points on Alamy (like the front page or from a previous search) and see how many result you get.

In my case the client had searched over and over for something solar panels (not the exact search term) and got different numbers each time so started adding keywords and still getting different and sometimes very few images. It clearly was a client with some patience, trying all switches and handles on the panel.

I think clients have no idea how it all works. Just like us.

As I have said so many times before: You do Not Teach the Client. The Client Teaches You.

I know that's a very un-european mindset. Maybe the British are more European and less American than they like to admit. 😁

wim

edit: added on that day for clarification.

I feel a bit guilty because you put so much effort into this Wim but I have neither time nor patience to try all these combinations. I don't even have a table for my laptop right now! And it's not as though Alamy is responsive to our findings either... 

I also see duplicate searches. 

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I feel a bit guilty because you put so much effort into this Wim but I have neither time nor patience to try all these combinations. I don't even have a table for my laptop right now! And it's not as though Alamy is responsive to our findings either... 

I also see duplicate searches. 

Haha don't!

I do feel jealous and would not mind having no table for a while. 😎 Probably a lot better for my temper as well.

End of the month we're going to try house sitting for a couple of days. No pets or wallabies but a lawn that has to be mowed once or twice.

wim

• Love 1

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

Haha don't!

I do feel jealous and would not mind having no table for a while. 😎 Probably a lot better for my temper as well.

End of the month we're going to try house sitting for a couple of days. No pets or wallabies but a lawn that has to be mowed once or twice.

wim

It's a bit of mystery, the house has no table! Not even on the lovely deck overlooking the Bush. I guess they must eat sandwiches or from a tray on their lap.

Don't mention wallabies. What a struggle this morning trying to bottle feed 3 of them with only 2 bottles and 2 hands!

House sitting is such a brilliant scheme. Pet owners can go on holidays in peace of mind. The dog we care for likes camping but if the owners want to go out for a meal and leave him in the caravan, he howls until they're back. You can't go to national parks with pets in Oz, nor other numerous places. Just going to the shops to buy sweet potatoes for the wallabies, we can't take him. Pets are lovely but very restrictive. We'd love a dog but won't for those reasons. We only choose rural properties with animals to house/farm sit.

On 08/07/2022 at 13:58, wiskerke said:

My guess is that's because so many images are unresponsive (not clickable) at first try. Some even after repeated refreshes.

I noticed this also but it was after it dawned on me that Alamy weren't intending to pay attention to any problems we reported on here so I didn't bother posting it. It's a very real problem though, just did a search for 'Henley Regatta spectators' and there were at least five on the first page where the cursor changed from a hand to an arrow meaning you couldn't click on it to enlarge, even worse, one of them was mine!

It really beggars belief that Alamy hasn't got testers looking at the site and discovering this stuff, it's been over two weeks now!

• Love 1
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Alexander Hog said:

At least some of you are getting it resolved Not for me still coming up 75% still showing as LU Just checked about 5 minutes ago Hopefully gone by Monday 

same almost all of my searches are LU.

My measures doesn't`t have the LU this morning.

I completed the forum survey Alamy asked for a couple of days ago and did mention everyone was concerned about the designation LU.... and now mine is gone!  Yeah! Hope it sticks.

3 hours ago, ReeRay said:

Look like the LU problem solved, now we just want the buyers to look further than page 1 !

Not sure it is "solved" though the Label [LU] may have disappeared, most my searches from yesterday are still 100 views which if not a bug is really worrying that no one goes beyond page 1

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

Not sure it is "solved" though the Label [LU] may have disappeared, most my searches from yesterday are still 100 views which if not a bug is really worrying that no one goes beyond page 1

Not saying it's solved, just reporting mine have disappeared.... I doubt things are going to be "fixed" site wide, but will be amended bit by bit... I think Alamy is having growing pains.

1 hour ago, Sharon said:

Not saying it's solved, just reporting mine have disappeared.... I doubt things are going to be "fixed" site wide, but will be amended bit by bit... I think Alamy is having growing pains.

The post i replied to literally used the word "solved"