The entire operation seems confused. I checked the Twitter feed and it had a link to a collection they called "The Power of Portraits". After a rather long wait I was connected to "The Power of Pets". They must be going mad trying to fix things that needn't have been broken.

Paulette

• Like 5

Clear communication and help from Alamy in short supply again.

IT fixes updates - awful - having a negative effect on buyers/sellers.

From a 2018 post by Alamy

"Hi

We recently added a new search filter for a very small number of customers so they can search for images available for limited use (part of novel use scheme). 

As only a few customers have this option you won't be able to recreate the scenario, and unfortunately we couldn't either."

Yes - indeed

For quite some time now most views on my dashboard rarely went over 100 - maybe this explains why.

Has Geogphotos hit the nail on the head?

Is this a discounted route for family and (rich) friends of PA (+shareholders)?

So come on Alamy explain to us all what this means and in generic terms why someone would use this term and the benefit to them and us in them doing that

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nodvandigtid said:

Clear communication and help from Alamy in short supply again.

IT fixes updates - awful - having a negative effect on buyers/sellers.

From a 2018 post by Alamy

"Hi

We recently added a new search filter for a very small number of customers so they can search for images available for limited use (part of novel use scheme). 

As only a few customers have this option you won't be able to recreate the scenario, and unfortunately we couldn't either."

Yes - indeed

For quite some time now most views on my dashboard rarely went over 100 - maybe this explains why.

Has Geogphotos hit the nail on the head?

Is this a discounted route for family and (rich) friends of PA (+shareholders)?

So come on Alamy explain to us all what this means and in generic terms why someone would use this term and the benefit to them and us in them doing that

Once again 100% of the views on my account in measures show [LU]...

I've sent contributor services a mail:

"Hi guys,

When I look at measures I see that all searches where my views appear are filtered as [LU].

Is this connected to the Novel Use scheme? If so I opted out in April 2019 so this should not be happening...
Please confirm what is going on.

Kind regards,
Phil Crean"

I'll post any reply if and when they answer...

Phil
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Do RF images turn up in those [LU] searches?

Do editorial only images turn up in those [LU] searches?

wim

Based on my 2 licenses,  yes. 

That is on the New LU, historically no idea.

Edited by meanderingemu

10 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Do RF images turn up in those [LU] searches?

Do editorial only images turn up in those [LU] searches?

wim

I don't do RF, but it's a mixture of editorial only(as marked by me, or, live news), and others...

Yesterday and todays measures are showing 99% of my views as [LU]...

Phil

Yesterday 95% of my searches were [LU].

I see 3 possibilities:

1 - This is still a glitch in the reporting with too many searches getting the LU tag.

2 - The sort of images we have don't show up high enough to be seen and zoomed by regular non LU-clients because of the new algorithm.

3 - All but a few regular clients have left the building overnight.

-2: Not in an agency collection; not the right combination of characteristics like RM/RF; releases; boxes ticked; editorial/not.

wim

• Like 2

I just cannot understand this [LU] notification. The majority of my search details are now denoted [LU] and a few are not and in some instances both types are RM and Exclusive. Why the difference? The whole thing has gone way too top heavy and confusing. My time is much too valuable to spend trying to work this all out. All I want to see is for my images to be sold at the best possible price and not worry about a developing system full of anomalies.

Jim 

Footnote: I note in another thread that [LU] has possibly been linked to NU. If so why with my images. I haven't been in NU for years!  

Edited by Broad Norfolk
Additional comment.
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

Had an E-mail back that Alamy said to me 

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for flagging this.

We are currently looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

If amswere comes there some, please let us know.

Still all LU, very few total views over 100, and no views over 7 when I would expect results with dozens.

• Like 1

As with other good folks my measures for yesterday all also [LU]. My total views were 99 over three pseudonyms which is in excess of 65% down compared with pre-April which is how it is at the moment. I also note that almost all Total Views seem to be restricted to 100. This seems to lead to a couple of speculations. One to drive out low performers and, two, the new developing search engine is not fit for purpose ie cannot already control the volume of traffic. Or a combination of the two! Will we ever know, but once again it's driven me to waste time looking at it which I've already told myself not to!!

Jim  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alexander Hog said:

I am one of those really low performers which I feel I've failed and secondly no one likes what I've put up Only guessing There wouldn't be much lost if I completely quit and closed the  Account  No loss to Alamy at all 

Stick at it Alexander. Much of what is going on at Alamy/PA at the moment I'm afraid is speculation because feedback and information is very low on the ground. It seems we are led to 'read between the lines'. You've got 1765 images there which is not bad for a 2020 starter and unfortunately we can't get to look at your images because we have been shut out. It took me around three years to make my first sale and it has steadily grown over the years. I don't like the thought of giving up a lot of hard work but the present economics don't give you much encouragement. Keep going!

Jim.

Edited by Broad Norfolk
Spelling!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shergar said:

What happened to Corin ? She used to turn up on the threads and answer a few questions. Hopefully she's still around. Anyone heard from her?

Should have thought , expect she's very busy helping customers with questions. 

Edited by Shergar

4 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

I am one of those really low performers which I feel I've failed and secondly no one likes what I've put up Only guessing There wouldn't be much lost if I completely quit and closed the  Account  No loss to Alamy at all 

Hang in there - keep uploading and whilst I cannot see your photos ask yourself will this sell - is it keyworded adequately? (and think beyond the norm) 

5 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

I quit once and came back.  My portfolio got to around 1100 photos the first round before I had somewhat regular sales.  

One thing to do is go through what you do have up and do a purge of things you're less sure of now than you were, and then just leave things up unless Alamy decides to purge small portfolios that don't perform.  The work is already done.   If you pull your account, it won't ever make you anything.  Editing and reprocessing your work can be useful.  Lightroom Classic has some new tools, and Photoshop can do things Lightroom Classic can't.  DXO PhotoLab 5 also can be useful.  Making things lighter, adding more contrast and clarity with some backing off from too obvious, and judicious cropping might be useful. The challenge now is photos with releases for people and obvious property that could be used in advertising. 

If just being here makes you anxious and unhappy, that's another thing.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ColdCoffee said:

Off topic .. but why can't we see each others photos anymore?

Broken links -- the forum is hosted by forum hosting company but needs to get the links from Alamy's database.  May not be purely an Alamy error though it's showing up as an internal server error. "It means that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. This error is usually returned by the server when no other error code is suitable."  So, could be that the forum server doesn't know where to find the link, can't find the link now since something has been done to Alamy's database so the link doesn't point to the right location, or that location doesn't exist.   Information here:   https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/http-500-internal-server-error.   The link for the various blue numbers doesn't return anything for site checking to see if a site is down for you or for everyone. 

Since 500 is a rather generic error and the connection between the forum server(s) and Alamy's server(s) has to be working, it could be a problem on either end.  We connect directly to Alamy's servers for Measures and such, but not directly to Alamy for the forums. 

Edited by Rebecca Ore
One check doesn't work for the url from the blue number
  • Thanks 1

Checking my measures from yesterday I see against all my 4 pseudonyms that ALL views are for 100 only. Is this a glitch or are the buyers really only checking the first page? 

5 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

Checking my measures from yesterday I see against all my 4 pseudonyms that ALL views are for 100 only. Is this a glitch or are the buyers really only checking the first page? 

we have no idea and Alamy has not addressed any of the data issues so far.  

27 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

we have no idea and Alamy has not addressed any of the data issues so far.  

What also amazes and confuses me is that I've never had so many views, across all pseudonyms, from page 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReeRay said:

51 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

What also amazes and confuses me is that I've never had so many views, across all pseudonyms, from page 1.

I'm seeing lots of repeated entries of 100 views. It's as if viewing the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. pages generates a new record of 100 views. But sometimes it works (some, but not many, searches show over 100 views).

Mark