How was your August 2021?

5 hours ago, Doc said:

A very unusual month. If you had asked me on 22nd how things were, I would have said - potentially the worst month for a long time with 20'ish sales for $300 gross, but final results were 73 sales for $2301 gross.  5 $$$ sales which included 2 in the $350 bracket, best sale $378.

Views were 18,240 which is the lowest monthly figure since Jan 2013, and 2000 below August last year. Zooms were 132, 20 below August last year. I seriously think measures has not been counting views and zooms properly in the final 13 days of August - whether we see those figures corrected in measures over the next few weeks remains to be seen.

Gross income was the highest since pre-COVID days. Shows how important those rare but welcome $$$ sales are.

Kumar

Awesome figures, Doc, well done!

Awful month - one for $15.99 - net $6.40. Sales on my other stock site this month included $20 (net) for a single image and with a third of the images there, and my best images here, it feels discouraging to be earning more there, but when those $$$ sales come in here, I know it's worth staying.

Honestly, I've made a lot more with fine art sales this month - even netting $$$ through a dealer that only pays me a 15% commission. With Alamy selling images for PU, I haven't been uploading images I'd be happy to license here except I'd need to limit them to RM - and that doesn't stop the $10-20 presentation sales to get around the PU restriction. Even that has me torn, as I had 2 PU and one Presentation a while back of images from the same location (hence the getting around the PU restriction) that went for nice $$$ each, netting me what I'd get from one or two average direct fine art sales, so I ignored the issue.

I also haven't been uploading anything new, and I know that makes a difference, but I've been concentrating on building up my fine art practice .I always assumed licensing stock was far more lucrative, but the tables have turned. I do have some new work that I'll upload eventually. 

• Love 3

Yikes, I only had 719 views - pre-covid I'd be closer to 2,000 and even as it dropped as the pandemic wore on, I was seeing 1400-1500 a month which I thought was low. Something is definitely off in Measures. Earlier in the month, my one sale was actually zoomed first - a rarity for me - and 2 of my other zooms, mine was the only one zoomed, so some hope for September. 

Something positive - as many sales to date as all of 2020 here and gross revenue is 3.4 times higher than last year. Average sale is $68, higher average than I've had in years ($9-39 higher than my average the last several year). So not all doom and gloom. Trying to stay positive yet realistic. The hardest part is that most of my sales are travel images, something I'm not able to do at the moment. 

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

Summary for 01 August 2021 to 01 September 2021 ( 12 item(s) totalling $109.39 )

Full earnings report for all stock agencies - August 2021

Enlightening as always. However, you'd make considerably more collecting bottles and cans than you do at some of those places.

Just sayin'... 😁

P.S. We must be crazy.

Edited by John Mitchell

Just now, Doc said:

I have to up my game to keep ahead of you!!

Looking forward to seeing you at the Photography Show

Kumar

Pffft, I'll never match you. 

Photography Show should be good, oodles of coffee I hope!

Not too bad for me. 17 sales for $354.

Highest $93.77, lowest $3.22.

Views and zooms down, like everyone else it seems.

The good news is i've beaten last years sales total of 119 with total sales for 2021 of 122.

Revenue is only at 77% though.

John.

• Love 2

15 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Enlightening as always. However, you'd make considerably more collecting bottles and cans than you do at some of those places.

Just sayin'... 😁

P.S. We must be crazy.

:D But then I wouldn't be an "artist"

• Love 1

On 01/09/2021 at 20:26, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

12 sales. $ 98.8 gross, $ 25.3 net. CTR 0.13 with 2 zooms (I don't buy that).

I haven't been bothered to carry a camera or upload images much lately.

I either keep in contact with or occasionally bump into photographers I knew, most feel the same as you. Some felt it wasn't worthing adding to their port even a year or more back. That goes for Alamy and other agencies.

1 hour ago, sb photos said:

I either keep in contact with or occasionally bump into photographers I knew, most feel the same as you. Some felt it wasn't worthing adding to their port even a year or more back. That goes for Alamy and other agencies.

I've got three image that have sat from the beginning of the year which I can't be bothered to keyword. No incentive at 40% of nothing.