November 2020 Favourite uploads

gvallee

Thinking about the holidays. Also trying my hand at illustration - tricky with just Photoshop - but I love the ability to make patterns and I've used them in a bunch of images, and then put a bunch together. I also couldn't help including the beach in my favorites. Alamy have been asking for illustrations so I uploaded over 30 images just before midnight and they were already accepted and [edit: thought they were] online this morning. Here are four faves from that group: 

Oh well, they aren't online yet -

Lots of wonderful work in this thread from around the world.

Especially love those Biden/Harris celebrations!  

Edited by Marianne
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marianne said:

Thinking about the holidays. Also trying my hand at illustration - tricky with just Photoshop - but I love the ability to make patterns and I've used them in a bunch of images, and then put a bunch together. I also couldn't help including the beach in my favorites. Alamy have been asking for illustrations so I uploaded over 30 images just before midnight and they were already accepted and [edit: thought they were] online this morning. Here are four faves from that group: 

Marianne, if you’ve uploaded images and they’ve been accepted, you can copy them within AIM directly from your upload. I hit the X to enlarge it, then (on my iPad) hold my finger on the image and copy it. I do it quite often. The image isn’t as large as one is the way you do it, but I like the size. I’ll post one below this. Uploaded a couple of hours ago and approved within minutes.

Every year my wife and I have a debate as to when to put the Christmas decorations up. If she had her way, we would put them up in September. This year, I only managed to hold out until the start of November... at least it gave me something to photograph!

a-box-full-of-baubles-and-colourful-christmas-decorations-for-a-christmas-tree-2DA02FB.jpg

a-child-hangs-decorations-on-a-christmas-tree-which-is-lit-y-coloured-fairy-lights-2DA02CC.jpg

And as I had to go into the loft to fetch the decorations down...

plastic-and-cardboard-boxes-filled-with-possessions-stored-haphazardly-in-a-loft-space-2DA02CA.jpg

• Love 4

We took a trip to Grafton, in northern NSW, Australia. It's a lovely old town about an hour away from us and each year their jacarandas transform the area into a sea of purple. Getting shots in the morning was a problem with lots of photographers out and about very early and hogging the roads. I was lucky to find this couple walking away as I arrived at one of the popular spots. It was even nicer they had such bright clothes on!
jacaranda-trees-jacaranda-mimosifolia-in-flower-forming-a-canopy-over-the-road-there-are-two-people-walking-along-the-road-bacon-street-grafton-2DAH6D6.jpg

This is the historical cathedral, looking lovely in afternoon light with a couple of jacarandas framing it.

anglican-cathedral-church-of-christ-the-king-also-known-as-christ-church-cathedral-grafton-nsw-australia-two-flowering-jacaranda-trees-are-in-front-2DAH66B.jpg

Edited by cbimages
  • Love 4

On 13/11/2020 at 12:42, Marianne said:

I love your Vote! snowy mailbox~

A couple from our trip to Vietnam back in January 2019 which I am only just processing at the moment.

The trip seems a lifetime ago and things are very different now than they were then.

John.a-vietnamese-young-lady-in-traditional-dress-the-ao-dai-posing-for-a-photograph-at-the-japanese-covered-bridge-hoi-an-vietnam-asia-2DAEP4K.jpg

four-vietnamese-young-ladies-in-traditional-dress-the-ao-dai-posing-for-a-photograph-at-the-japanese-covered-bridge-hoi-an-vietnam-asia-2DAEP82.jpg

• Love 2

So here are a few of my seasonal images and one just for fun. I think my favorite is the one with the Christmas ornaments. I enjoyed playing with the pattern maker in Photoshop - it took ages to put together the image but I loved doing something creative outside of photography. Alamy has been asking for illustrations, so I'll see how they do. 

celebrate-2021-happy-new-year-cover-banner-with-light-blur-in-gold-and-white-with-copy-space-2DAHAKK.jpg

collection-of-pretty-christmas-ornaments-isolated-on-white-can-be-cut-out-for-decorative-holiday-designs-2DAHAH0.jpg

fire-in-a-cosy-fieldstone-fireplace-decorated-for-the-christmas-holidays-with-santa-claus-father-christmas-on-the-mantelpiece-2DAHAR0.jpg

quirky-yellow-submarine-illustration-at-sunrise-with-peach-orange-clouds-in-a-blue-hour-sky-2DAHAGW.jpg

From Hurricane Iota's passage to the north of Jinotega, but she brought heavy rains from Granada and possibly further south to Chinandega.  No live news from the coast, so now I know where Reuters folks don't go.    Jinotega was slightly off the cone and we only had the rain, though one earlier rain this season caused more local flooding.   For this one, I sat the camera down on the kitchen floor.  2DBK87P.jpg

Slow shutter spead so the rain coming down didn't show.

And one outside the front window: 

2DBK835.jpg

Woman with a red umbrella and a man in full rain gear wait to see if there will be a break in the rain.

Edited by MizBrown
  • Love 1

This sign was at the end of a Pier. By the time you figure out what you can and can't do, what's dangerous and what's advisable, what to watch out for and what to wear, probhably lost the will to live or it will be dark and go home.😃 

information-and-warning-sign-on-a-slipway-2DAK01Y.jpg

• Love 1

For the last few years, my son has been collecting old coins of the world and so it occurred to me the other day that it might be a good idea to photograph them and put them up on Alamy and he will have a good record of his coins as well.  He loves history and geography so the coin collecting makes for a nice fit as a hobby....plus it keeps him off video games!! He also loved that I took an interest in his coins, he loves to talk about them and about what was going on in the world when this or that coin was minted.

britannia-british-shilling-1724-king-george-the-1st-old-coin-money-2DA7HE2.jpg

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

For the last few years, my son has been collecting old coins of the world and so it occurred to me the other day that it might be a good idea to photograph them and put them up on Alamy and he will have a good record of his coins as well.  He loves history and geography so the coin collecting makes for a nice fit as a hobby....plus it keeps him off video games!! He also loved that I took an interest in his coins, he loves to talk about them and about what was going on in the world when this or that coin was minted.

britannia-british-shilling-1724-king-george-the-1st-old-coin-money-2DA7HE2.jpg

I'm tempted to stay quiet so as not to encourage competition, but I have done very well with pics of old coins - and modern ones. 

• Love 2

On 19/11/2020 at 17:44, aphperspective said:

This sign was at the end of a Pier. By the time you figure out what you can and can't do, what's dangerous and what's advisable, what to watch out for and what to wear, probhably lost the will to live or it will be dark and go home.😃 

information-and-warning-sign-on-a-slipway-2DAK01Y.jpg

At the bottom of the sign, it tells you that it is an Alamy stock photo opportunity !

autumn-view-looking-east-of-the-disused-

The forked tongued weather guy promised sunshine, but when I got there it was overcast. However I like this photo more than those that I took later when the sun did make an appearance. Not sure the buyers will however!  It's the disused Ashes quarry in Stanhope, Co. Durham, England.

• Love 1